Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2007, 11:36   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,739
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Dont put thermocol anywhere in the car, unless its a cool case for some beers.

Identify the parts that actually rattle, this you can judge by standing outside near the trunk with the system playing. Damp the metal or plastic from the insides using some sound deadening material. Some under the parcel shelf should also help.
Got it, will reserve the thermocol for the beers . I did stand outside and can see the backside of the rear number plate rattles. What do you mean sound deadening material? Can you elaborate? since your the guru of pics too, can you post some pics of the SDM that i can use to eradicate this sound? VFM if possible.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 11:52   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Got it, will reserve the thermocol for the beers . I did stand outside and can see the backside of the rear number plate rattles. What do you mean sound deadening material? Can you elaborate? since your the guru of pics too, can you post some pics of the SDM that i can use to eradicate this sound? VFM if possible.
The number plate rattle is the easiest to solve. Unscrew it, use some thick, soft rubber washers, about 3-4mm deep between the surface of the number plate and the metal on the trunk lid. Or you could use a sheet of damping material glued to the back of the number plate also.

Guru of pics???

I suggest you check out the VFM damping thread where there's a lot of information about deadening materials.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 11:55   #18
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,739
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Guru of pics???
Yes, I noticed that when in doubt by query posters, you and LBM straight away post the pics of drawings, actual pictures to help ICE novices like us
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 12:21   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes, I noticed that when in doubt by query posters, you and LBM straight away post the pics of drawings, actual pictures to help ICE novices like us
me posting pics....

anyways here is to damp the boot...



in this pic it is the clip car....he has done the damping himself....great job....since you have a viva....you will have to remove the panel to do the same.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 12:26   #20
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,739
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default

LBM, this is exactly what i was looking for. Clear and descriptive via a picture. Where do i get those orange colored dampening sheets ( what material is it exactly)?

Also, roughly how much would i need and how much will it cost, if i do exactly as in the picture?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 12:32   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

the martrial used is audison damping .......for cost I dont know the price fully but you can check this thread for the details which B&T Bhai has reffered....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...g-product.html
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 12:41   #22
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
me posting pics....

anyways here is to damp the boot...



in this pic it is the clip car....he has done the damping himself....great job....since you have a viva....you will have to remove the panel to do the same.....
i hope you are not making fun of me lbm...lol.

after damping the boot there was no rattling sound.

cheers

clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 12:43   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i hope you are not making fun of me lbm...lol.

after damping the boot there was no rattling sound.

cheers

clip
No sir..I am not joking just appreciating your work....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 12:49   #24
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Damp the metal or plastic from the insides using some sound deadening material..
rubber sheet or even old cloth cleaning rags will do.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 13:54   #25
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
LBM, this is exactly what i was looking for. Clear and descriptive via a picture. Where do i get those orange colored dampening sheets ( what material is it exactly)?

Also, roughly how much would i need and how much will it cost, if i do exactly as in the picture?
hi,

thanks LBM...im very bad at multi quoting the message. sorry

mobike008, the damping cost me arond 2000/- rs per sq metre.

just a suggestion - dont try to do the damping yourself if you dont know what this material is. it is very time conusming. and if you make a wrong move it will be very difficult to remove the damping. get it installed from a good installer who has done this thing before.

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 18th May 2007 at 13:56.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 15:24   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,739
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,

thanks LBM...im very bad at multi quoting the message. sorry

mobike008, the damping cost me arond 2000/- rs per sq metre.

just a suggestion - dont try to do the damping yourself if you dont know what this material is. it is very time conusming. and if you make a wrong move it will be very difficult to remove the damping. get it installed from a good installer who has done this thing before.

cheers
clip

Wow, and how many Sq meter you used up? I got a quote from sprocket in hyderabad for dampening

Rear door: 3.5K
Front Doors: 2.8K

All areas in my car: 8.5K

IMO, quite expensive
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 15:32   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
dynamate ( spell?)
no need to mate sir.....it is

The Official Dynamat Website
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 16:47   #28
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow, and how many Sq meter you used up? I got a quote from sprocket in hyderabad for dampening

Rear door: 3.5K
Front Doors: 2.8K

All areas in my car: 8.5K

IMO, quite expensive
i used around 1.5 sq m. 3000 bucks.

i think the quote you got is for dynamat original. the dynamat extreme is more expensive and comparable to the audison damping im using(according to gunbir). i dont know much about damping so ill ask the gurus to shed some hair.

cheers.

OT - Lbm sir i need the price of the MDF you used and what brand. PM me if possible and its urgent
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 17:24   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
OT - Lbm sir i need the price of the MDF you used and what brand. PM me if possible and its urgent

get nuwood it is the best....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 17:36   #30
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
get nuwood it is the best....
thanks sir. i thnk it will be better if i stay there(my thread). lol. nahi to confusion.


no need to mate sir.....it is..

good one lbm. lol.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accent / Viva CRDi: Issues & Solutions manishk83 Technical Stuff 61 13th April 2015 14:00
Help : Viva crdi or Verna crdi nitindangoria Sedans 15 10th March 2009 22:50
Accent CRDi or Accent Viva CRDi Looks abhibh The Indian Car Scene 4 8th November 2005 17:43
Accent CRDi or Accent Viva CRDi abhibh Sedans 16 8th November 2005 05:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks