Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 16:26   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I dont know what exact frequencies are given to the rears but the upper limit is 125 HZ. Can this damage the speakers ?
I presume you have set the rear speaker output to subwoofer from the function menu. Similar to what the FIE used to do in older Pioneers. This means that you are only sending frequencies upto 125Hz to the rear speakers. This will not damage the speakers as such, but dont turn it up too much expecting them to churn out subwoofer-like bass. I am not sure which rear speakers you are using but could be reasonably sure that the Fs must be 60 Hz or higher.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 16:44   #32
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Im using the Ground Zero 6x9s. I have them set up as woofers but, if i feel that its distorting i turn down the level in the subwoofer menu. Currently the sub level is set to -3, the EQ to flat and the Loud to low.

Does Fs mean the lowest frequency the speaker can handle ? If so what would be the Fs for El62s ? Ive set the HPF to 100Hz for the fronts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I presume you have set the rear speaker output to subwoofer from the function menu. Similar to what the FIE used to do in older Pioneers. This means that you are only sending frequencies upto 125Hz to the rear speakers. This will not damage the speakers as such, but dont turn it up too much expecting them to churn out subwoofer-like bass. I am not sure which rear speakers you are using but could be reasonably sure that the Fs must be 60 Hz or higher.

Last edited by adityamunshi : 18th February 2008 at 16:46.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 16:49   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Im using the Ground Zero 6x9s. I have them set up as woofers but, if i feel that its distorting i turn down the level in the subwoofer menu. Currently the sub level is set to -3, the EQ to flat and the Loud to low.
No point playing them in such a small band. They will distort at higher levels because the low frequencies going to them (<50Hz) is not exactly what 6x9s are designed for. I suggest you use them in full range mode with a HPF of 50Hz instead, and use the EQ to give a 1-2 dB boost from the head unit at about 100-160 Hz if you desire a little pronounced midbass.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 16:57   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I dont know what exact frequencies are given to the rears but the upper limit is 125 HZ. Can this damage the speakers ?
Upper limit is 125 HZ. Are you using it as a sub kya if yes how is it driven.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 17:05   #35
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

@LBM im using the HU to drive the rears. This is what i think im doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I presume you have set the rear speaker output to subwoofer from the function menu. Similar to what the FIE used to do in older Pioneers. This means that you are only sending frequencies upto 125Hz to the rear speakers. This will not damage the speakers as such, but dont turn it up too much expecting them to churn out subwoofer-like bass. I am not sure which rear speakers you are using but could be reasonably sure that the Fs must be 60 Hz or higher.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 10:42   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
@LBM im using the HU to drive the rears. This is what i think im doing
If you want a HPF and want to use your HU's amp you can add a bass blocker (simply a pair of 470uf electrolytic caps back to back).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 10:59   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
@LBM im using the HU to drive the rears. This is what i think im doing
So I presume you using HPF at 125 hz but how can then the speaker can produce bass.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:02   #38
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

The fronts have HPF set to 100 Hz. The rears are as set up from the subwoofer menu with LPF set to 125 Hz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
So I presume you using HPF at 125 hz but how can then the speaker can produce bass.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:09   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Yaar it is getting confusing here.

You are driving the ovals through the hu. but how can HU run in LPF mode. The speaker channels can only be set as HPF.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:23   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Yaar it is getting confusing here.

You are driving the ovals through the hu. but how can HU run in LPF mode. The speaker channels can only be set as HPF.
Arre LBM sir, he is using the DSD feature of Pioneer head unit. Rear speakers set for subwoofer frequencies. I am sure you are not used to such ideas for driving subs.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 19:40   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Arre LBM sir, he is using the DSD feature of Pioneer head unit. Rear speakers set for subwoofer frequencies. I am sure you are not used to such ideas for driving subs.
Oh ok ok that is FIE. Front Image Enhancer.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 20:16   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Oh ok ok that is FIE. Front Image Enhancer.
Oh no no. It is DSD - Direct Sub Drive. From function menu, like you can set the rear pre-out to be sub in 2 pre-out HUs, you can also program rear speakers to play subwoofer frequencies. Sorta like the FIE, but with cut-off freq selection, and importantly, the ability to drive a single mono load (like bridging).
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 22:19   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Oh no no. It is DSD - Direct Sub Drive. From function menu, like you can set the rear pre-out to be sub in 2 pre-out HUs, you can also program rear speakers to play subwoofer frequencies. Sorta like the FIE, but with cut-off freq selection, and importantly, the ability to drive a single mono load (like bridging).
Yaar I am also getting old now..Navin Ji where are you !!!!
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 23:18   #44
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

LBMji

It is bound to be confusing when a newbie, who has never even listened to a proper sub (like me) tries to expain something about subwoofers to THE low frequency guru of Team BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Yaar it is getting confusing here.

You are driving the ovals through the hu. but how can HU run in LPF mode. The speaker channels can only be set as HPF.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 00:10   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
LBMji

It is bound to be confusing when a newbie, who has never even listened to a proper sub (like me) tries to expain something about subwoofers to THE low frequency guru of Team BHP.
Hahahahaha.

I was a little out of mind and did not gave enough attention. Chalo learning new things which I like the most. Thanks.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ground Zero or JBL mohitd In-Car Entertainment 30 16th December 2008 10:01
Review of Ground Zero SUB Radioactive GZRW 12XS-AL smokin In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2008 22:07
Skoda RS ICE - Re-Done: Carbon + Steg + Ground Zero + Stinger + Optima BHAGWAN In-Car Entertainment 142 4th June 2008 14:53
Illusions and Ground Zero Available in Pune amit_mechengg In-Car Entertainment 32 23rd April 2008 16:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks