Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 20:23   #106
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
In a drum there is this large circular drum on the floor for "boob" and real low sound, and 3 or 4 small drums which are hit by sticks..
Listen you sickos...the big drum on the floor that is hit with a foot activaed pedal is a BASS drum or KICK drum. You can have 1 (like Keith Moon) or 2 (like Kenny Jones) Bass drums and even a Floor Tom (see tom-toms below).

The smaller drums are usually a snare (the one that sits between the drummers legs) the bottom of the drum is home to a set of wires that resonate when the top head (skin) is struck.

Then also there are tom-toms that usually come in a rack of 2 to 6 then you have the cymbals - the high hat, the crash, the ride, the splash, etc.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 20:34   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Safari and verna both take in 6 inch speakers in the doors, and I saw a lot of space under the dash which is empty, can something be put there.
Safari - 5.25" (130mm) speakers on the doors; would need a spacer ring to mount the 6ers, but that would spoil the OE grill
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 02:45   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Can afford only beer, Hence the 30K budget.
I am willing to sacrifice on the low bass front to get a nice clean mid range and upper bass. If the current setup can't do that. I am willing to part with the subwoofer for now!
NO need to dishearted I would say some serious tunning to be done to make the setup good and a bad one will make the same setup so bad and ugly at the same time.....

for eg two days back when I listened to the mugen setup in his innova it was sounding nice but there was no midbass and the sound was quite less so I adjusted the phase of the sub , changed the cutoff freq points and did some gain setting....and the sound was...hmm...let Mugen Ji tell him in his own words.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Safari - 5.25" (130mm) speakers on the doors; would need a spacer ring to mount the 6ers, but that would spoil the OE grill

the safari can take 6.5 inch easliy.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 17:44   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNQ
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Mods can you remove Post#109 i accidently pressed enter it seems
Here is my nibble ICE selection.. Went completely for Blaupunkt

Vehicle Tata Safari

HU:Blau London MP37
THC 132, Components (OEM Size Speakers)
GTX 132 Co-ax in rear (OEM Size Speakers)

Now the dealer has put in the GTA Special MKII Amp for me to evaluate to compensate for the bass effect in my safari

AMP Specs 2x 120 W @4 ohms (Quadro Mode)
Specs 1 x 400 W @4ohms (Stereo Mode)

Distortion <0.05%
Stability 2 ohms (4ohms in bridge)
Input 0.1-8V
Low pass: 50-250Hz
High Pass: 80Hz
Bass Boost: 0 - +12DB

Back Side

Round Knob: Level: 8v->100mV
Switch XOVER- HPF80HZ/FLAT/LPF
LPF KNOB: 50->250
BASS KNOB: 0dB->12dB


Tube GTT 1200 High Power (More known for thump kinda music)
Specs : nominal Pwr 200w
max power 600w
sensitivity: 91
freq response: 35-500
non-impedence : 4 ohms
woofer cone size:300mm
Fs:30Hz, QeS:0,54 Qts:0,49 Qms 5,7 Vas: 114 Xmax: 5 (all data from mannual)


This is a tube version which can be replaced with the GTB 1200 Series for SQ for safari .the songs which hear are something like Eagles- Hotel California , Joe Satriani - The Extremist, Dream Theater, freedom - Rage Against the Machine, etc etc plus hindi songs as well.


The thing which i wanted to know from gurus was, that Now i can hear the bass guitar play each and every string and kinda overwhelming sometimes in some songs. I definetly need to tune this up.
looking forward for your expert comments

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 10th June 2007 at 17:47.
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 19:47   #110
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Mods can you remove Post#109 i accidently pressed enter it seems
Here is my nibble ICE selection.. Went completely for Blaupunkt

Vehicle Tata Safari

HU:Blau London MP37
THC 132, Components (OEM Size Speakers)
GTX 132 Co-ax in rear (OEM Size Speakers)

Now the dealer has put in the GTA Special MKII Amp for me to evaluate to compensate for the bass effect in my safari

AMP Specs 2x 120 W @4 ohms (Quadro Mode)
Specs 1 x 400 W @4ohms (Stereo Mode)

Distortion <0.05%
Stability 2 ohms (4ohms in bridge)
Input 0.1-8V
Low pass: 50-250Hz
High Pass: 80Hz
Bass Boost: 0 - +12DB

Back Side

Round Knob: Level: 8v->100mV
Switch XOVER- HPF80HZ/FLAT/LPF
LPF KNOB: 50->250
BASS KNOB: 0dB->12dB


Tube GTT 1200 High Power (More known for thump kinda music)
Specs : nominal Pwr 200w
max power 600w
sensitivity: 91
freq response: 35-500
non-impedence : 4 ohms
woofer cone size:300mm
Fs:30Hz, QeS:0,54 Qts:0,49 Qms 5,7 Vas: 114 Xmax: 5 (all data from mannual)


This is a tube version which can be replaced with the GTB 1200 Series for SQ for safari .the songs which hear are something like Eagles- Hotel California , Joe Satriani - The Extremist, Dream Theater, freedom - Rage Against the Machine, etc etc plus hindi songs as well.


The thing which i wanted to know from gurus was, that Now i can hear the bass guitar play each and every string and kinda overwhelming sometimes in some songs. I definetly need to tune this up.
looking forward for your expert comments
hi,

nice setup there. i really like the looks of the comps.
im not a guru here so double check my suggestions. :-)

keep the loud off and eq flat on the HU. on the amp, keep it on flat or hpf, lpf off. keep the gain on the amp minimum, play your fav track with good rec or a 50hz test tone. keep the volume 3/4th. now slowly increase the gain till you hear clipping, now decrease the gain just a little bit so that there is no clipping.

are your comps powered by the HU? if yes then the bass will over power the rest of the music so try to keep balance by decreasing the sub level from the HU. also keep the HPF(high pass filter) on 80hz. LPF(low pass filter) on 80hz.

please correct me if im wrong Gurus.

cheers
clip

you can download the test tones here http://www.resnet.trinity.edu/areyno...test_tones.zip

here is a tutorial on how to set gains with different methods.
Gain Settings

enjoy
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 13:58   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNQ
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

clipto333,
I will try out the things which you have mentioned. The sounds link which you sent are .wav format which might not play on cd player (do i need to convert it to some audio format like mp3..)

GURUS, any other settings need to be taken care of other than what is mentioned, (not sure any audio guru is from Pune, otherwise would have met him). Tube vs. Ported box comparison i am trying to work out nevertheless


The settings which I have done on the amp is as follows

Sensitivity Knob: Level: 8v->100mV ::::set to approx 20 (less than half mark)

Switch XOVER- HPF80HZ/FLAT/LPF ::: set to LPF

LPF KNOB: 50->250 ::: set to around 100 approx

BASS KNOB: 0dB->12dB :::: set to around 3-4


on the HU

XBASS: set to 1
Bass: 80hz set to +3
Treble: 10khz set to +1
Middle: 1khz set to +2

subout: 80hz set to +4
balance: 0
fader :0

(about the fader: if i set up fader to F4, i can hardly hear the bass tube, Fader 0 everything is balanced and on R4 rear and basstube are heard. is this supposed to work this way only. i thought that bass tube was independent of the fader..:()

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 13th June 2007 at 14:07.
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 14:49   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the safari can take 6.5 inch easliy.....
<a href="ImageShack - Hosting :: p1030045ano0.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5...045ano0.th.jpg" border="0" /></a>
<a href="ImageShack - Hosting :: p1030044aab9.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3...044aab9.th.jpg" border="0" /></a>
<a href="ImageShack® - Hosting" target="_blank"><img src="ImageShack 404 File not Found" border="0" /></a>

Only a few teeny weeny problems:
1. The space left is just sufficient for 5.25" drivers
2. The drivers are mounted tilted up and towards the passengers, not in the same plane as the door itself
3. The speakers are mounted on the ABS panel, and not on the door steel sheet

Because of the above, even a spacer ring cannot be put in if one wants to put 6/6.25/6.5" drivers. The only alternative is to mount the drivers on a triangular board, but then
* the original grill & look has to be thrown away
* more importantly, the sound stage (as intended by the original designers) will be affected since now the drivers will throw perpendicular to the door and more towards the floor

Tchah! I want to put in 6.5" drivers (better mid-bass than 5.25") AND retain the stock look, without kaata-peeti.

Any ideas?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 15:46   #113
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

@DerAlte, Steeroid's Safari Dicor has 6.5" (they looked at least 6" to me) midbasses fitted in front, with a custom spacer. They are RF speakers, I think (from the way they looked). The grilles that came with the speakers have been used. They look really good. And the spacer has been made so the speakers fire upwards at an angle. The install looks stock, and then again, better than stock.

Last edited by hydrashok : 15th June 2007 at 15:47.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 17:06   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

As far as I have seen there was a 607 JBL being installed in the safari door...and without any spacer and any thing else...it was a direct fit without any cutting and such so check out the installer for the same.

will try to post the pics if possible.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 17:30   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@DerAlte, Steeroid's Safari Dicor has 6.5" (they looked at least 6" to me) midbasses fitted in front, with a custom spacer. They are RF speakers, I think (from the way they looked). The grilles that came with the speakers have been used. They look really good. And the spacer has been made so the speakers fire upwards at an angle. The install looks stock, and then again, better than stock.
Thanks, @Hydra. Soundstream, as mentioned in his gallery.

As his gallery has only exterior photos, I had asked him a while back to post some install photos. Alas, he didn't have any!

@Steeroid-bhai - jhalak dikhla ja...

Oops, my previous post has the thumbnail links messed up - let me try again:



@LBM - Must be the driver frame that makes the difference (I am trying to fit in Infinity 6020/6022). Pics? Oye balle balle, meherbani janaab!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 11:25   #116
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
The settings which I have done on the amp is as follows
(about the fader: if i set up fader to F4, i can hardly hear the bass tube, Fader 0 everything is balanced and on R4 rear and basstube are heard. is this supposed to work this way only. i thought that bass tube was independent of the fader..:()
Does your HU have 3 pairs of Pre outs? If it has only 2 pairs can you set your pre outs to be for the sub?

to control the sub independently your HU has to provide a seperate line for the sub. if you are using your full range rear pre out for the sub it will not be controllable independant of the rear fullrange speakers.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 11:37   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNQ
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Does your HU have 3 pairs of Pre outs? If it has only 2 pairs can you set your pre outs to be for the sub?
to control the sub independently your HU has to provide a seperate line for the sub. if you are using your full range rear pre out for the sub it will not be controllable independant of the rear fullrange speakers.
Navin
Here are the details for the HU. I am not sure if I know the answer to your question, but to help me out here are more details on the HU
  • 4-Channel pre-amp out to control external amplifiers (front/rear)
  • Sub-out for subwoofer control (variable gain/frequency)
HU Amplifier
  • Parametric equalizer
  • Number of bands 3
  • Sound presets (music)
  • X-Bass
  • Preamp-Out 4-channel (2 V)
  • Aux-In 2
  • Front Aux-In
  • Sub-Out: var. gain/frequency
  • RMS power (DIN 45324) at 14.4 V 4 x 18 Watts
  • 4 x 45 Watts Max. Power
Details of External Amplifier for sub is
GTA 2 Special Mk II
Max. Power 400 watts ; Max. Power@4 ohms 2x120 / 1x400 watts ; Max. Power@2 ohms 2x180 watts ; RMS Power@4 ohms 2x60 / 1x180 watts ; RMS Power@2 ohms 2x90 watts ; Number of channels 2/1 ch Class A/B ;Frequency response 10 - 30000 Hz
Signal/noise ratio > 90 dBA ; Distortion factor at nominal power < 0.05 % ; Input impedance > 10 kOhms ; Input sensitivity 0.1 - 8 V ; Stability 2 ohms (4 ohms bridged) ; Low-pass filter 50 - 250 Hz (12dB/Octave) ;
High-pass filter 80 Hz (12dB/octave)

Subsonic Filter - Bass Boost 0 - 12 dB at 45 Hz ; Inputs 2x RCA ;Outputs 2x speakers ;Line-out 2xRCA

Let me know if this helps

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 18th June 2007 at 11:41.
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 12:00   #118
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
[*]4-Channel pre-amp out to control external amplifiers (front/rear)[*]Sub-out for subwoofer control (variable gain/frequency)[/list]HU Amplifier[list][*]Preamp-Out 4-channel (2 V)
Subsonic Filter - Bass Boost 0 - 12 dB at 45 Hz ; Inputs 2x RCA ;Outputs 2x speakers ;Line-out 2xRCA
Seems like you only have 2 pairs of RCA out. Now I would ike to know who the rear speakers are connected. Are they connected to the HU or to the amp.

The rear out on the HU would usually double as a sub out and you would have to program your HU to tell to this (choose between a fullrange rear out or sub out). THis is done via the HU's front panel.

The only way you could get a seperate sub control is to use the rear speaker out of teh HU to drive your rear speakers, then use the rear RCA out of th HU to drive the sub (via an amp) and the front RCA out of the HU to drive the front (via an amp). Does your HU allow it to be programed in this manner?
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 12:20   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNQ
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Seems like you only have 2 pairs of RCA out. Now I would ike to know who the rear speakers are connected. Are they connected to the HU or to the amp.

The rear out on the HU would usually double as a sub out and you would have to program your HU to tell to this (choose between a fullrange rear out or sub out). THis is done via the HU's front panel.

The only way you could get a seperate sub control is to use the rear speaker out of teh HU to drive your rear speakers, then use the rear RCA out of th HU to drive the sub (via an amp) and the front RCA out of the HU to drive the front (via an amp). Does your HU allow it to be programed in this manner?
Ok
here is what the installer did
1. the front and the rear are driven by HU
2. He bought some blau RCA cable and attached it to the rear of the HU and the rca cables were then connected to the AMP....the RCA had four output cables of which two were used to connect to amp

There is a SUB out menu on the HU which says SUB-OUT->0hz/60Hz/80/120/160 HZ parametric equilizer

Now i need to confirm "then use the rear RCA out of th HU to drive the sub (via an amp) and the front RCA out of the HU to drive the front (via an amp)."
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 12:33   #120
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
1. the front and the rear are driven by HU
2. He bought some blau RCA cable and attached it to the rear of the HU and the rca cables were then connected to the AMP....the RCA had four output cables of which two were used to connect to amp

There is a SUB out menu on the HU which says SUB-OUT->0hz/60Hz/80/120/160 HZ parametric equilizer
what did ht do with the other 2 cables that came from the HU?
I suspect he connected the wrong two cables to the amp. Read the HU's manual. It will say which of the rear connections can be used to drive a subwoofer (via the amp).
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 lakh budget. New car, used car or wait and increase budget? Tejas@perioimpl What Car? 59 2nd May 2014 12:03
Rajasthan State Budget: Expensive Cars & Petrol get cheaper ! akhilesh51 The Indian Car Scene 0 27th March 2012 18:45
SQ Setup for Polo (budget-friendly install) Youcanburn In-Car Entertainment 19 12th February 2011 14:20
Budget 2010 : Petro products by Re 1 & Cars to be 2% expensive, StarVegabond The Indian Car Scene 40 2nd March 2010 20:26
World's 10 most expensive car auctions.. _Crazi4Speed_ Shifting gears 4 11th May 2004 07:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:50.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks