Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 10th October 2007, 21:09   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Driven has been acquired by new management. Manik isn't involved anymore. The staff and installers are the same though. Now, Driven also sells LG, JVC, Kenwood, Alpine, JBL, Boston, JL, Tsunami apart from Audison, Hertz, iD etc. Apart from ICE and accessories they also do tyres etc and are one of the largest dealers in NCR for Bridgestone.
With all due respects, I am playing the devils advocate here. I went to driven for an ICE setup last week but the guy there did not induce any confidence in me. Perhaps I went with high expectations. Is it as good as it used to be ? Or has the management change changed things somehow ?

Gunbir, need your views on this one please. Also other options that I can explore.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 21:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
With all due respects, I am playing the devils advocate here. I went to driven for an ICE setup last week but the guy there did not induce any confidence in me. Perhaps I went with high expectations. Is it as good as it used to be ? Or has the management change changed things somehow?
Well, there's no pomp and show but they know their job. They have their basic fundamentals right and do a quality job. And unlike most installers in Delhi, they will never cheat you. What they lack now is a smart talking salesman.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 21:41   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, there's no pomp and show but they know their job. They have their basic fundamentals right and do a quality job. And unlike most installers in Delhi, they will never cheat you. What they lack now is a smart talking salesman.
Probably. The guy over there ( Rana ) said things like: MDF plank doesnt give you any advantage; the swift cant accomodate the 6 * 9 ovals; I would need wirings even though the Swift already has it etc etc. Perhaps he was not the installer so did not know.

Gunbir, who does the install ?

OT: does AutoCop sell under 3 brands in India ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 22:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gunbir, who does the install ?
I guess Pramod still works there right Gunnu paaji ?
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 03:20   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
I guess Pramod still works there right Gunnu paaji ?
Yes bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Probably. The guy over there ( Rana ) said things like: MDF plank doesnt give you any advantage; the swift cant accomodate the 6 * 9 ovals; I would need wirings even though the Swift already has it etc etc. Perhaps he was not the installer so did not know.

Gunbir, who does the install?
Eddy, I have no idea what discussion you had with him but going by your post, I guess Rana was trying to tell you that its better to go with stock locations in a Swift.

I would tell you the same thing. I for one, see no point in installing 6x9s in the Swift since you can achieve great sound by going with the stock locations. And going by the fact that 6.5" coaxials are cheaper than 6x9 coaxials and you wont need the MDF parcel shelf, he was trying to save you some money and probably reallocate the money into front components or such.

And if you DO insist on 6x9s then again the MDF parcel shelf doesnt make much a HUGE difference over the stiff ready made metal + carpet ones as in the Swift's case they are rigid enough.

Like I said, they have worked around us for 5+ years and though he may not be a smooth talker, they do know what to do and what not to... even if sometimes they don't know the reason for that.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 16:58   #51
BHPian

Does anyone have the Tel no for DRIVEN ? & the address too..?
BUXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 20:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree.Rana the manager over there is not that bright at attracting customers,but they know there job.they wont fool you like other people in delhi.He'll give you the best options.He'll show you stuff but guys whoever is headed for driven please also talk to pramod(installer) he is a mind blowing installer and knows his work.Till date i have gone to big auto markets in delhi,Khan market,Defence Col,Sec-16 Noida,but still cant find a guy whose know how matches that of pramod.

@ Eddy
Rana gave me the same explaination when i asked him about 6x9s,dude he is right,In my swift i have the rear co-ax in the stock locations and the decision to not put 6x9s is the right one.What gunbir sir said is right,he is saving you money.I can show you my install if you like,just for your confidence.You can achieve same level of sounds using co-ax in rear.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 18th October 2007 at 20:15. Reason: Missed on something
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 20:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Does anyone have the Tel no for DRIVEN ? & the address too..?
Address is:
F-7,East of Kailash,Next to Airtel and Eurolite Showrooms.
Tel no: guess its not safe to give out numbers.They can be misused.I have PM you the number.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 17:25   #54
BHPian

Just wanna thank you all guys for your help.
will be going to driven for the install this weekend !

Onemore thing : how much is CS2165C & GTO607c ??
BUXX is offline   Reply With Quote