Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 3rd June 2007, 17:51   #1
BHPian

Default Civic - iPod with OEM HU

I am looking for an easy way to connect the ipod to the OEM HU in the civic. The HU is pretty much integrated into the dash and changing would detract from the looks.

From my research, there are two alternatives.

1. Drive and Play: This is by far the easiest and cleanest option, BUT, there are two more components added to the car. A display and another knob. I prefer using the controls on the HU. I think this might work out cheaper as well. It sells for 50 (Rs. 4000) here which is not too bad.

2. iPod OEM HU Adapter: This seems to fit my bill. Has any one tried one of these [http://www.connects2.co.uk/] . It will fit in the CD changer port it seems and you can use the normal controls to control the ipod. The idea sounds pretty good (but it is costly at 100). However, does this mean that I cannot use the 6CD changer in the car if I connect this?

TIA
Old 3rd June 2007, 19:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.kiran View Post
I am looking for an easy way to connect the ipod to the OEM HU in the civic.
1. Drive and Play: .... I think this might work out cheaper as well. It sells for £50 (Rs. 4000) here which is not too bad.

2. iPod OEM HU Adapter: This seems to fit my bill. Has any one tried one of these [http://www.connects2.co.uk/] . ...However, does this mean that I cannot use the 6CD changer in the car if I connect this?
I have seen the Drive and Play but not the OEM adapter. I would ask the people who make the OEM adapter if it will work the way you want it to.

you might want to know that the Drive and Play has a fm adaptor too. To minimize loss, this is not an ON-AIR adaptor, but an antenna plug, with a female recaptacle for the original FM antenna. Also has a FAKRA kit for most european cars included.

Last edited by navin : 4th June 2007 at 11:01.
Old 3rd June 2007, 20:23   #3
BHPian

I just found out that the stock HU does not have Aux-in. So Drive & Play is out of the options.

I also did some more research and found out that iPod HU adapter cannot be used with the CD changer at the same time.

I guess this kinda makes this thread useless. Mods, please delete this if no useful purpose is served.
Closed Thread