Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 02:33   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
I havent tried it but who want that tension ? Or car charger ? And changing songs from hu is better i think.
Ya i tend to agree with mugen....when there is a very cheap alternative available then why to stress your brain....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 02:48   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
I havent tried it but who want that tension ? Or car charger ? And changing songs from hu is better i think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Ya i tend to agree with mugen....when there is a very cheap alternative available then why to stress your brain....
Could you guys explain yourselves please ? LBM, which is the cheaper option, i dont understand. Mugen, what tension are you talking about ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 03:01   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Could you guys explain yourselves please ? LBM, which is the cheaper option, i dont understand. Mugen, what tension are you talking about ?
the one Mugen Bhai is refering is the adapter which can control the IPOD and charge it also....cost -> 5k

the one I am telling is the IP-BUS aux in which will cost about 1k or little less....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 03:15   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the one Mugen Bhai is refering is the adapter which can control the IPOD and charge it also....cost -> 5k

the one I am telling is the IP-BUS aux in which will cost about 1k or little less....
I am sorry LBM, in that case you cannot tend to agree with mugen. That is what confused me. anyway cheers now & get some sleep audio man.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 10:07   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am sorry LBM, in that case you cannot tend to agree with mugen. That is what confused me. anyway cheers now & get some sleep audio man.
Yes and No....but what Mugen Bhai suggested is a better option even I would go that way.....but the one I suggested is a very budget option when someone cannot afford the above one......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 11:34   #21
Newbie
 
drumster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Buying a seperate iPod adapter for 5k and then having two boxes hanging around in the car is not a good option acc. to me. I would rather of my existing deck (dealer offered 2.5k for it) and add another 4k and buy a new pioneer HU which has AUX in But i think I will go for the CD RB-10 or CD RB-20 which are the ip bus aux-in connectors. And pray that my technician knows how to connect them. When i went to him yesterday he said, the only option for me is to use an FM transmitter. He had no clue about an IP Bus AUX in connector... :(
drumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 11:53   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Mugen, what tension are you talking about ?
E_L,

I mean when someone is able to spend 5k than he should not have to go for 1k cable, because if you are getting cheaper cable than you will have to charge ipod yourself, change songs from ipod while driving is also hactic i think. so as i told....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Now it depends upon your budget.
If you spend 5k than you can change songs from hu, and charge ipod from ipod adapter. But if you spend 1k than you will have to charge ipod externally and have to change songs from ipod.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 14:17   #23
Newbie
 
drumster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I wanted to buy CED Rb-20 in Mumbai... I tried all the numbers listed on the Pioneer Website but all of them are just service centers... Could someone tell me where I could find it in Bombay? I stay in Borivli...
drumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 15:55   #24
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

non branded IPOD-HU Interface cable is available as "free add-on" from Sprocket here in Hyd . Juss kidding, he gave me the cable free of cost but may charge others. I reckon it is worth around 400-500 bucks. 1K is steep !!! I am talking about the cable where u manage the songs from the IPOD and not HU. I know its a pain but still quite economic.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 16:19   #25
Newbie
 
drumster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Well, I just found from a local guy that the cable can be made and he would charge 800-1,000 bucks. Although i know that it is a very steep price, I dont think there is any option. Buying the CD-IB100 adapter, according to me is plain stupidity, because the adapter itself costs some 5,000, you would rather buy a new head-unit with auxiliary in. Nevertheless, I am getting the cable made from him, and i know it will be a pain to control the iPod manually
, but it is still okay.
drumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 07:50   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
Well, I just found from a local guy that the cable can be made and he would charge 800-1,000 bucks. Although i know that it is a very steep price, I dont think there is any option. Buying the CD-IB100 adapter, according to me is plain stupidity, because the adapter itself costs some 5,000, you would rather buy a new head-unit with auxiliary in. Nevertheless, I am getting the cable made from him, and i know it will be a pain to control the iPod manually
, but it is still okay.
Hmm the one you opt is a good one with the minimum cost involved and the job is done.....but the full fledged control of the cd-ib100 is sure worth the price......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 14:31   #27
Newbie
 
drumster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Damn, my audio guy says there required IC chip is not available for my model. He is saying that he'll do some external circuitry and he will have to cut off FM from my source button and instead he will add an external switch which will switch between FM and iPod.... you guys think its worth it? I have a bad feeling about it...
drumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 16:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

I've heard of people doing this before.
But what I heard is that they disconnect your AM (a useless thing anyways)
So if you switch to tuner and select your band as AM, then you can hear the iPod.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 16:54   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
he'll do some external circuitry and he will have to cut off FM from my source button and instead he will add an external switch which will switch between FM and iPod.... you guys think its worth it? I have a bad feeling about it...
Drumster-bhai, just think of the cost of the hours you are putting in + the headaches, you will soon realize that the off-the-shelf cable would be far cheaper.
At least you will be able to enjoy the music from your iPod rightaway, instead of being at the receiving end of the experimentation. If there is a foul-up, that will be a right royal FUBAR. Avoid, make some music instead!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 17:19   #30
Newbie
 
drumster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I am thinking of getting the IB100 adapter... its available for $50 on crutchfield, if i get it for an equivalent amount of Rs. in India then I'll buy that or else I'll order it from US. This really sucks. Pioneer not having any authorized shops in India is really sad. Maybe I should have gone for a Sony HU.
drumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY - Fiat Linea AUX input Mr.Boss In-Car Entertainment 23 12th March 2016 15:45
DIY: Adding an AUX input to the post-2010 Fiat Grande Punto (Delphi Headunit) mnvvishwa In-Car Entertainment 9 1st October 2015 10:09
Connecting iPod to CD-changer input desmoquattro Gadgets, Computers & Software 4 7th April 2006 23:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks