Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 22nd April 2008, 09:09   #91
BHPian

Thanks Sonic,

I do not intend to go for a sub as I will be needing the boot space and also the car is too weak for it. Any ideas as to the prices of DEH5050 ? on ebay its 8.1K. And another stupid question - The prices of speakers mentioned..are they for a pair or a piece? How much are the JBLs?? on Ebay its 3.2K (pair or piece?) pls help.
sai_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:34   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
the car is too weak for it

He he. Alto is not a weak car . At least not weak enough to be damaged by a sub.
Boot space though is a serious issue.

Price of 5050 ~ 6.5K
JBL ~ 3K (5k B&W).
Prices of course are for a pair cos no one generally installs a lone speaker , unless it's a sub.
sonic_boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:45   #93
Senior - BHPian

I have used 2 subs in my 800 no issues. But the whole body used to rattle.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:05   #94
BHPian

well my concern was the car is quite old in the sense its done 53 k kms...there is some rattle..so i wont be getting a sub till i get it fixed.. and yeah

i was going thru the TBhp classifieds. Found these :

Team-BHP Classifieds - 400 Watt, 6" x 9", 4-way Speakers - Sony Xplod XS-GT6947X - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Team-BHP Classifieds - Sony 6x9 - XS-V6942A and 16 cm XS-V6942A - 4 way coaxial speakers - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

any comments ? If they are a good buy, I could go for them now and think of upgrading stuff later.

PS: I am not sure if its ok to discuss the stuff on classifieds here.
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:37   #95
BHPian

I am yet to see anyone recommend a sony xplod speakers here in TBhp. So that gives you an idea of how good it is

If you are on a tight budget, go for JBL's. My suggestion is to get a HU and a set of JBL components for the front for now, and add a Amplifier and a sub later if you feel the need for it.

Last edited by praveen_v : 22nd April 2008 at 22:39.
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:21   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
He he. Alto is not a weak car . At least not weak enough to be damaged by a sub.
Boot space though is a serious issue.

Price of 5050 ~ 6.5K
JBL ~ 3K (5k B&W).
Prices of course are for a pair cos no one generally installs a lone speaker , unless it's a sub.
i have a GZ mk2 sub in my alto. what i did is just wrapped a matting cloth over the cardboard that covers the boot lid door cavity and fitted it back. now there is very minute rattling. i have fitted compos in the door trim by cutting the map pockets. there is no jarring and rattling at all. i was lucky enough to get through that.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:55   #97
BHPian

thanks guys,

I have kinda decided on a JBL 937 for the rear as of now. A guy in ebay quotes 3.2+2 for shipping and expressshopping quotes 3.6. are these prices correct?

I am yet undecided on the HU. Considering everyone here is suggesting pioneer, i think i will stick to pioneer. Can anybody direct me to the best places to buy both either in chennai or hyderabad or bangalore ??

Thanks again.
Old 24th April 2008, 00:19   #98
Senior - BHPian

i dont think buying through ebay is a wise option. at same price you can easily get them in some auto accessories shop if you hunt for them.if anything goes wrong you can easily get them replaced.
Old 25th April 2008, 21:21   #99
BHPian

so I guess I will drop Ebay as an option. Any idea about the places to buy either in chennai or bangalore?
Old 6th May 2008, 09:12   #100
BHPian

Hey guys,

Wanted to go for a partial ICE installation in my Alto. Thanks to nitrous i could lay my hands on a slightly used JBL 937 GTO. They are damn good. My initial idea was to have the JBLs at the rear and later upgrade them to components in the front. But the installer was quite satisfied with my old speakers in the dash that he suggested i do not remove them. I coupled this with a Pioneer 3050 UB and yeah I am very happy. I spent 8.5k in all.

However, a few concerns -

The rear speakers have been mounted on my hatch, but the rear right has not been able to sit flush as the wiper motor intrudes. the car is a alto vxi any suggestions??

at really high volume the rear hatch rattles like crazy though we do not get to know sitting inside. outside it looks bad. can somebody help me with this? the installers put a board and two spacers but then the whole fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired. :(
Old 6th May 2008, 10:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

@sai ace,

Congrats for your set up. well u can use spacers, cut some metal on the hatch and plush mount them again. and mainly if from inside you are not hearing any rattles why r u bothering. you have to listen from inside and not from outside. almost all installations done on hatch make the hatch door jaar when u listen to them from outside. i daily hear many cars (especially marutis) on signals where the metal is banging crazy.
Old 6th May 2008, 21:27   #102
BHPian

@amit

thanks amit!

there was already some metal cutting involved. they had to leave some metal for the wiper motor bolts. the vibes look kinda bad....is it advisable to fill in the empty space in the rear hatch door with some filling material which would provide some damping?? any suggestions? glasswool etc??
Old 6th May 2008, 22:50   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
@amit

thanks amit!

there was already some metal cutting involved. they had to leave some metal for the wiper motor bolts. the vibes look kinda bad....is it advisable to fill in the empty space in the rear hatch door with some filling material which would provide some damping?? any suggestions? glasswool etc??
there are variety of damping materials available according to your budget. u can search on the forum. noise kill is a better budget option
Old 1st November 2008, 19:43   #104
BHPian

Guys! need help !

The result of the heavy GTO937s on hatch door is showing. Lots of rattles and the hatch vibrates like crazy on playing anything with a decent amount of bass.

I would like to install the speakers again with some proper damping material.
Can anybody guide me to Good installers in chennai>? and what type of material I should be using?
Old 25th June 2013, 13:17   #105
Senior - BHPian

Default Alto 800 ICE for 12,000 Rs

Hi guys, digging up a pretty old thread.I am complete noob in ICE .One of my colleague is looking to ICE the Alto 800. Budget is 12K max. I am sure there must be much better products in the market now than those mentioned in the opening of this thread. Please suggest a decent HU with USB facility and 4 speakers .

Thanks in advance
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote