Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 2nd July 2007, 03:06   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
But I would still recommend you to think again about that upgrade from majority thingy! Most of the taxis here has DVDs/VCDs and screens all over the place. So, it ain't a fancy upgrade here
In other words, if those players/screens were out of reach of taxis, then BWN you could have made a point! Beige interiors are preferred over Grey for similar reasons. When I was planning to buy a baleno some 2 years back, one of my close friends was trying to discourage me by saying that it won't even get a 2nd look! So, frankly I never considered the baleno itself as any "upgrade". Note: All this is not to be taken seriously

Coming to the main topic, I can find following reasons in favor of DVD HUs, obviously if the premium is justified:

-Audio quality and features in DVD HUs tend to be on the higher side of the product line from any given manufacturer.
-In case it plays audio from DVDs then each DVD becomes equivalent to at least a 7 CD changer (4.7GB), in spite of being more economical and more convenient.
-If you want, it can allow you to add a reverse camera. I am really worried about reversing in the parking area when watchmen are not around but instead kids are, it can be dangerous!
-As already mentioned, it can be helpful in keeping passengers entertained if not the person in the driver's seat during long drives.
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:28   #32
BANNED

If not done perfectly is worthy of taking note.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
If not done perfectly is worthy of taking note.
Actually I did take note of those words. But since my point was anyway still valid, I intentionally omitted that part to make it more effective (or spicy?)
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:54   #34
BWN
BHPian

Quote:
500kms in total? That's too little for a proper movie when driving a Baleno! Ain't it? But Mr. Bean and Tom and Jerry etc.. will do!
Yes, all my gyan!
Yeh... Its too little for a Baleno....... But sufficient for the trailer

@ santosh.s - Nice analysis bro... Shall keep them in mind.
Tbhp rocks........
BWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
@ Gunbir - Thanks, I will buy it in india i think.
I would also suggest you get it from india unless you are planning to buy some real good stuff that can't be found here.

Having a screen in your car has its advantages, if someone has fixed it for fancy, he is bound to lose the reason for doing it in the first place. Try to get a touch screen, will be useful in the future.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007, 16:49   #36
BWN
BHPian

Hi Guys......

Decision time.......
Sorry for being away for a looong time.I got my Video ICE done in Mysore at last.After a good amount of research, I zeroed on Sony MEX DV1000 DVD HU over JVC for its audio quality and ability to play pirated and damaged disks.After advice from fellow bhp'ians, I check the reading time for various HU's and found MEX DV1000 to be good.Its true that MEXR1 takes lot of time but somehow DV1000 is not liek that.Pioneer(forgot model number) and JVC 4201 & 6201 were the other HU which i tested.

The background.....
So paid 13.5k for a Sony MEX DV1000 with B/W and sony xplod 4' front speakers were thrown in for free, So I planned to change the rears as well and decided to go for sony 6x9 (4-way) ovals as the older speakers were damaged due to water while cleaning it once.I decided to go for a full sony set up becasue the dealer/installer was ready to give a good deal for this package.Installtion was complete in 2 hrs and I decided to retain the Balupunkt tweeters on A pillars adn connected them to the fronts with the existing wiring.

The Deal....
I got the HU with front speakers for 13.5k and rear ovals for 3.2k and a 9' Auzo roof mounted screen for 4.5k with installation for free.DVD clarity is too good and the set up is good.But i miss front compos badly.Recently i had a chance to travel in my friends SX4 with Balu setup and was impressed with the Bass produced by the front components, so i am hoping to change my front speakers too.Tweeters are just behaving like small speakers as of now....... not able to feel the treble as in components.Pls suggest me somehting about this.

I am satisfied with the SQ on the current set up as its pretty decent, but i wud like to have some more bass, particularly for the driver(i wud be driving).Presently, Fader balance is kept 50%-50% but the rears a louder.If i try to balance front and rear, then the SQ gets a bashing :(.Any suggestions mates ?
BWN is offline   Reply With Quote