Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th July 2007, 17:38   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You'd be lucky if you did manage to get any GTO8627 (that's the model number hydra)
I don't know if there's any stock. There's a shortage.
Just wanted to clarify. The shortage is over.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 22:11   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by san_pandey View Post
..I personally found BLUs sounding much better than JBLs at the same price range.. I also find people much biased towards JBLs...
San, We all have our preferences. I like olives you might not. Like you I do NOT represent any brand.

A close friend of mine prefers Pioneer to JBL, then he adds TS20s to his them to make the sound brighter. He likes his sound that way. I am cool with that. He will always be a friend.

I'll tell you one more episode. 2 of my friends both having Santros were harassing me to take them to get stereos fixed. So we went to someone (Bhavi I think) at Santa Cruz (not my person who is in Worli) because they lived near Santa Cruz.

One of them liked the looks of the Blau HU over the Sony and Pio the other prefered the Sony as it was the only of the 3 that had a USB port in the front at that time (this story is about 18 months old).

Then I asked them to listen to the speakers. Starting with the famous 4 (Pio, Sony, JBL and Blau they quickly shortlisted 2). Each of my friends had bought their wives with them. Out of 4 pairs of ears each of them prefered JBL's CS to Blau's GTo (same price range). They asked me to listen I politely refused.

It was their money, their music, their ears. If I had said anything they might have been influenced to buy another product. I wanted them to have what they thought was best for them. It was the least I could do to respect their decision. I just made sure the install was done right and they were not cheated on the prices.

Last edited by navin : 4th July 2007 at 22:12.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 11:33   #33

Smile Getting the picture

Thanks guys.. I think the only way i am going finally find my perfect music system is to go out there and listen them..

Will keep you guys posted on the final choice I make..
apratimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 14:21   #34

navin..AFAIK if someone is novice it becomes a moral responsibility to tell him/her and guide them.
A person new to all this might not know the nuances of better sound..in that case letting them listen and decide might prove futile..all I know is to share the expertise...telling a person to listen and decide when a guru like you accompany them...can't gulp this down..even a perfect listener sometimes misses the detailing of sound...
When a new person goes for buying such stuff he/she tends to get confused very fast..thats where veterans advice comes and acts....
san_pandey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 14:39   #35
Team-BHP Support

san, true but recomending just one brand does not help as much as recomending 2-3 good brands and letting the user decide. In fact once people do a direct in-store comparision between a good brand and a lesser brand they usually can hear the differences themselves.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 17:49   #36

Agreed with Navin ji. When I was thinking of ICEing my Indica my budget was also 15K. But it was streached to 20K. I tried many combination with the kind of music I listen.

For example:
Sony HU+Sony COEx+front 5" --> around 15K
Sony HU+JBL GTO937(COex)+front 5" -->Around 16K (After Disc.)
Sony HU+JBL GTO937(COex)+JBL GTO507 Comp-->Around 19K(After Disc.)

Above setup was not able to satisfy me.

Pio HU+Pio COEx+front 5" --> around 15K
Pio HU+JBL GTO937(COex)+front 5" -->Around 16K (After Disc.)
Pio HU+JBL GTO937(COex)+JBL GTO507 Comp-->Around 19K(After Disc.)

Bit Ok.
But I landed up with
JVC G635 HU+JBL GTO937(COex)+JBL GTO507 Comp-->Around 19K(After Disc.) all is with B/W.
And I [COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']usually[/FONT][/COLOR] play MP3 which are ripped above 320Kbs it blows very good bass and clear mid sound.
I am realy happy with my setup.

Just a suggestion-- Carry your type of music with you while ICEing your car and play them in the different combination, it will give you a fare idea what you want.
sanrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 13:04   #37
BHPian

Navin / Sam, After reading multiple threads, I am looking at below combination.

- Alpine HU, 9857R HU / Pio 6950 or any other best HU with USB & iPod connectivity.
- JBL 4060 amplifiers
- F: Hertz ESK570 / Polkaudio DB2007 db571 or db570 / Infinity Reference Speakers
- R: JBL GTO8627
- Damping front doors and hatch using Dynamat Extreme

Please let me know if there will be any mismatch. Also, how would this cost?
vanchi_s is offline   Reply With Quote