Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 29th June 2007, 02:18   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
If HP is happy it is a good thing a happy satisfied customer. but say that other products other than what he has installed is crap is not correct.
This isn't about any brands at all. And If I read this whole thread again, I cant see where HP called any brand crap. He just said his new setup with brand X sounds way better than a similar setup in the same budget with brand Z. Please remember that this his strictly his opinion based on his own experience. He is just as entitled to his opinion as you and me, especially in his own thread about his own setup. He also admitted that he used the phrase "light years ahead" to describe his experience, possibly a bit exaggerated due to his excitement.

Nobody attacked any brand. So there is no need to defend any. So please chill out.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 08:05   #77
BHPian

Quote:
My effort on this forum to help people is a total waste. People who have asked me about there setup were wrong to ask me as they will doubt my answer will be correct or not
Sir you have interpreted it in totally wrong manner. I still appreciate the knowledge you possess about ICE and I have no reasons to doubt it. There are hundred of advices being given each day on the forum. We all understand what we want to understand. So no one should mind if his/her advice is taken or not. We all have an opinion and we share it with each other.

I doubted my confidence in you, coz you can give good advice but cannot help me with an installation and other requirements. As I am not a DIY guy. As in one stop solution for all the requirements.

But being an end user I will be more comfortable dealing with a person who knows his ICE and in this BUSINESS(and this is my view point). People like Gunbir, Autophile and Sam.

Last edited by horsepower : 29th June 2007 at 08:06.
horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 09:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My effort on this forum to help people is a total waste
. People who have asked me about there setup were wrong to ask me as they will doubt my answer will be correct or not....

Chalo leave it Sir I have no words to say a thing further..
Not to worry LBM. I, for one have great great regards for you & wait expectantly for a response from you. I think i can safely say that for most of us here too. Your knowledge is respected & you convey things in the most simple & uncomplicated manner which endears us more to you. So now keep that smile on your face & let's go.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 10:56   #79
Team-BHP Support

LBM, Chill.

1. HP has swtiched from Pio to Hertz and is happy for it. HP happy. we happy.

2. Gunbir, a representative of Hertz, has the right to believe that he is selling the best product. Marketing in this forum is a no no but stating your beliefs is not. I think both you and Gunbir (as well as others) know the difference.

3. Maybe HP overstated his expereince but I believe it was a natural and honest judgement. For HPs part I would only hope that he copared herz to atleast 2 other brands in the same price range not for anyother reason but just to educate himself and to know what else was out there.

4. As for you LBM, we respect your advice, we fear the backseat of your Swift. :-)

Being part of this business, Gunbir (Sam, B&T, Blueraven, etc..) will be the first to acknowledge that "A Knowledgeable Customer is the best Customer"

As for me I'll let Sting say it best.
"I have only come here seeking knowledge
Things they wouldnt teach me of in college"
but there is no Mephistopheles on this forum, not that I know of.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 11:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
....his new setup with brand X sounds way better than a similar setup in the same budget with brand Z....
Consider this... "his new setup with brand H sounds way better than...brand P..." = HP = HorsePower. Amazing na?

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
My effort on this forum to help people is a total waste. People who have asked me about there setup were wrong to ask me as they will doubt my answer will be correct or not....

Chalo leave it Sir I have no words to say a thing further..
Arre kya yaar LBM! Its your job to give advice like other gurus here. I know for sure that it is well apreciated by everyone from novices to the gurus of the forum. I for sure keenly read your posts because in addition to your knowledge, you have an eye for small details that I cannot pick up easily. Whether someone (I mean anyone, not HP here) takes your advice or not, or suspects your knowledge on the subject, what do you have to lose?

Like HP has clearly mentioned, he is comfortable with the help and guidance of professionals (and by professionals, I mean people with commercial interests in car audio.. includes me). So be it, it's his preference and I dont see anything wrong with it, or doubt Gunbir's expertise with car audio.

If you're angry with anybody here, take badla. Invite them for a demo, lock them in the back seats of your car and plunder their ears.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 11:39   #81
BHPian

Don't mind LBM, I too have high regards for you! Due to the kind of proactiveness and persistence you are showing on this forum, lately I even began to doubt that you might have entered "the business" and turned "Mephistopheles". Keep it up, I would definitely look forward for your advice.
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 11:39   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
If you're angry with anybody here, take badla. Invite them for a demo, lock them in the back seats of your car and plunder their ears.
LOL, B&T. I actually look forward to sitting in his car's back seat, i have a very bad back right now.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 12:11   #83
Senior - BHPian

arre kya yaar LBM, I know you are one of the best knowledgable guyz around....dont take it to your heart man!!

waise bhi B&T has said enough....i support his honest and fair views.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 14:05   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually if you ask me, HP, LBM's advice would be of great value for two reasons.

1) He is stark raving mad and passionate about audio
2) He works for no audio company, So directly or indirectly, he has nothing to benefit from what brand of speakers you choose.

Of course many think he is just stark raving mad, but I think there's a method to it. Somewhere. Bolo tarararara.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 14:23   #85
BHPian

See LBM, this is turning out to be " LBM's Fan club" thread. Don't khao too much bhaav yaar. Cheer Up dude.
horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 14:43   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
1) He is stark raving mad and passionate about audio
2) He works for no audio company, So directly or indirectly, he has nothing to benefit from what brand of speakers you choose..
Reminds you of someone else I bet.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 15:47   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Reminds you of someone else I bet.
Ya. Panky12345.
He's also mad, but not about audio. He's just mad.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 16:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

Thank you EL, Navin Ji, Ajay Bhai, Santosh Ji, Panky Ji and Sam Bhai.

I am mad about audio. but then I must take a chill pill , and sing.

Gadde ten a chard di, gadeere ten a chard di,
Chaddeya de tattu utte tapp chad di,
Bolo tara rara kanjri kalol kardi
Haar te shingaar laa ke gayi jadon mele vich
Baniye di hatti vich ja ke vard gayi,
Bolo tara rara baniye di akh lard gayi

Bolo tara rara...
Bolo tara rara...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 16:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
See LBM, this is turning out to be " LBM's Fan club" thread. Don't khao too much bhaav yaar. Cheer Up dude.
Hmm nice Idea. but for the member ship one will have to sit in my car rear seat for 10 min with full volume....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 16:44   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gadde ten a chard di, gadeere ten a chard di,
Chaddeya de tattu utte tapp chad di,
Bolo tara rara kanjri kalol kardi
Haar te shingaar laa ke gayi jadon mele vich
Baniye di hatti vich ja ke vard gayi,
Bolo tara rara baniye di akh lard gayi

Bolo tara rara...
Bolo tara rara...

I think we overdid the encouragement thing, huh? What say all jis except Sam who's a bhai like me?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote