Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 12th July 2007, 15:02   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I hope it applies for us too .. Now i don't have to go to the stupid installer and get that stupid boxes they sell...
I dont think you can use CC instead of MDF. Resin impregnated CC might be an alternate. Clip you can even call it "RICC" (pronounced as "Rick" as in Ricky Ticky Tavi) now since the resin would most probabaly some Polymer you could prefix a "P" to the afore mentioned acronym. :-)
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 18:10   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I dont think you can use CC instead of MDF. Resin impregnated CC might be an alternate. Clip you can even call it "RICC" (pronounced as "Rick" as in Ricky Ticky Tavi) now since the resin would most probabaly some Polymer you could prefix a "P" to the afore mentioned acronym. :-)
yes i know i cant use it but what im saying is that i can test my sub in a cctb. i know it wont be accurate but still i want to know what a cc box can do. ill make a good thick box say 13 - 15 ply. a 29" tv box is a 5 ply box but has very good quality paper know as 'virgin kraft' or deluxe. it has a pink tinge(im not aware of khaki virgin kraft lol.

it'll be free of cost for me :-) so i can try it out. maybe i invent a high strength super stiff cc box for speaker enclosure for fraction of the cost associated with MDF or FG. we also make water resistant cc boxes so i can use that technique or develope another. my father has 35+ years of experience in this field. maybe he can help. :-)

i dont know if resin is available here but ill find out. any technical name?

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 20:01   #93
BHPian

You guys seem to be taking this CCTB thing seriously.
Vivekphadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 10:51   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis View Post
You guys seem to be taking this CCTB thing seriously.
Clip be sure to given Vivek an honorable mention when you patent the new resin-reinforced 24 ply CC box.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 15:40   #95
BHPian

Default Re: Alto ICE install

Hi Everyone

As we know that the dealers provide very limited options. The dealer gave demo of Kenwood U5120 to me. It looks pretty ok to me as a HU. I had my mind fixed on Alpine 2Din that costs around 9k. But this one looks good too.
Suggestions welcome.

Now; the speakers. K10 has 4 inch slots in the front.

1 Option: Rockford Fosgate 4 inch in the front and RF 6x9 in the rear tray with pioneer 4 ch amp. (which I have already installed in M800 6 months ago.)driving them all.

2 Option: Fitting 6.5" comps (JBL GTO which I have in M800 ... installed 6 months ago again) in the front doors and 6x9 JBLs in the rear.

3 Option: I don't know what to do. I have been enjoying my setup in M800 since 6 months and I want the K10 to sound better or equal but in no case, lower. 15k is what I can spend additionally.

I dont want Sony as it is too treble heavy. I want to choose only between RF,KW, Pio or JBL. OR... Alpine if it fits my budget because I like that brand but have never tried it.

I have a month in hand before the delivery and I am sure to get some good suggestions here.

Awaiting.

Apurva Oka
'Life is a struggle for Individuality.' - AJ
qqplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 19:46   #96
Senior - BHPian

Option #2
The 4 inchers in option #1 wouldn't produce the mids that the 6.5s would.
Also, I would strongly recommend damping the front doors. Worth every penny.
I would also suggest running a sub if you can. Amplify the front comps and bridge the rear amp channels to power the sub.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:13   #97
BHPian

Thanks nitrous. I appreciate.

I just have one confusion now. I have a 4 channel pioneer amp. 2 channels to drive the components in the front and 2 to drive the 6x9s in the rear.

IF... IF I can fit a sub in the rear without compromising much of the space in the small trunk.. I will need another amp OR I have to bridge 2 channels for the sub and let 6x9s run without the amp. WIll that sound fine?

Also, if I fit 2 6x9 and 1 sub in the tray itself, does it sound good?
Old 9th December 2012, 22:20   #98
BHPian

To update, here is what I got installed in my AltoK10

HU Pioneer 2390
Front 4" Focal Coax
Rear 6x9 Focal Ovals in MDF tray
Pioneer 760w Amp 4 channel driving all speakers

Sounds great ! Thats what I could install within my limitations. I did not want to alter the door panels. I did not want to lose space in the boot area. So, sub was ruled out. Box for 6x9 was also not welcome.

Got the installation done from SoundFX - Andheri Ghatkoper Link Road, Mumbai. It was a nice experience. They had good, talented people to install. They provided valuable advice. It was not over-the-top expensive either; it was reasonable.

Good output in the end.

Thanks for your advice.
Apurva.