Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 12:13   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
any other difference except 3 preouts??
usb ports and better DAC for sound reproduction.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 12:31   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

that means i can plug n play my 4 GB pen drive as well? (through a cable i guess).
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 12:45   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
that means i can plug n play my 4 GB pen drive as well? (through a cable i guess).
yes sir...here are the specs.

low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 13:15   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

thanks LBM....kamaal hai, har jawaab hai aapke paas!!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 02:09   #20
BHPian
 
vkhandelwal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 6 Times
Default 75.4 tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Yes sure, in your Indica, I think the front cut off for the 607C should be 100Hz (simply because you like it loud and your doors are not damped), the 937's can be cut off at 70-80Hz.
And the woofer LPF to be at 80Hz.

These are basic guidelines, not the law. Adjust to taste.
I would appreciate if anybody can help me to tune the amplifier
I have got following in my swift
Pio 7950
JBL 75.4 Amplifier
JBL 607 Compos
JBL 937 Co-Ax
JBL 1204 B Woofer

Co-ax are running directly from head unit while compos and woofer are powered by the AMP. if anyone has experience with this setup Please let me know what should cross freq and input level and other settings.
vkhandelwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 11:22   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhandelwal View Post
I would appreciate if anybody can help me to tune the amplifier
I have got following in my swift
Pio 7950
JBL 75.4 Amplifier
JBL 607 Compos
JBL 937 Co-Ax
JBL 1204 B Woofer

Co-ax are running directly from head unit while compos and woofer are powered by the AMP. if anyone has experience with this setup Please let me know what should cross freq and input level and other settings.
First fade out the rear speakers and sub. Now set up the front speakers to your lking knowing full well that the last octave will be helped by the sub. once the sub and fronts are done then bring the rear back in.

The 607 will be happy at HPFed at 63Hz. I would LPF the 1204 at 80Hz or lower. Does the 7950 have TA? If it does use it to time align the bass to the front speakers.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 11:30   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

I dont think 7950 has a TA
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 11:41   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

One questions to Gurus isnt the 75.4 is too powerful to drive JBL607C and 937 as manual saya 142W RMS per channel at 2 ohms and these spekers are just 70W RMS.Is theres any sound quality diffefence between 75.4 and 60.4 apart from RMS.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 12:00   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

yes, theres a strong SQ difference between CS60.4 and 75.4. 75.4 is a monster for its price. better quality, better SQ and better VFM.

more power means more headroom, you just need to have your cut offs OK and nothings gonna happen to your speakers.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 11:03   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
One questions to Gurus isnt the 75.4 is too powerful to drive JBL607C and 937 as manual saya 142W RMS per channel at 2 ohms.
dont worry these figures are thermal. 6he 607 and 937 (to a lesser extent) are more botheed by very low frequencies. if these are filtered above 60Hz or so they can play pretty loud.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 11:06   #26
BHPian
 
vkhandelwal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
First fade out the rear speakers and sub. Now set up the front speakers to your lking knowing full well that the last octave will be helped by the sub. once the sub and fronts are done then bring the rear back in.

The 607 will be happy at HPFed at 63Hz. I would LPF the 1204 at 80Hz or lower. Does the 7950 have TA? If it does use it to time align the bass to the front speakers.
the headunit has HPF and LPF function should I control this from unit and keep the settings flat on amplifier or set HPF and LPF on both unit and the amplifier. Panky it seems that you are using the same combination of speakers and amp in your call. I would appreciate any input on this.... SAM where r u ???
vkhandelwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JBL GTO Vs JBL GT5 Amps. rider60 In-Car Entertainment 9 30th May 2011 13:35
JBL 1004 vs JBL PX300.4 vs GZ TA 4.120MK2 vs Infinity 475A St. Anger In-Car Entertainment 12 13th August 2009 15:26
JBL 607C or JBL 660C? ultimatechamp In-Car Entertainment 33 18th July 2008 19:13
For Sale - JBL 2ch Amp and JBL 12" Basstube karthik247 Shifting gears 5 3rd December 2007 17:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks