Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 00:14   #31
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Yes Hellie. That the one. But there are more where that came from. Right now another long pending project is underway. And that ones gonna be something unique. A bit different from our usual ones... stay tuned.
i dont wanna stay tuned...i want to be there to see it
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 00:28   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
autopsyche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
i dont wanna stay tuned...i want to be there to see it
Sorry mate... not this time! So please be patient.... itll be worth it :P id love to give some teasers but thatll spoil the whole fun.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 00:58   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

That is a beautiful setup, looks like the car and the ICE are made for each other . Congratulations Gunbir, yet another BEAUTIFUL install!

One question, since I don't know about these FG enclosures, I'd like to know how they design the FG enclosure based on the specs of the Sub? Isn't the shape a little too different from the standard, even though I understand that the enclosure volume could be worked out. Is there like a rectangular compartment inside?
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 01:44   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
autopsyche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
One question, since I don't know about these FG enclosures, I'd like to know how they design the FG enclosure based on the specs of the Sub? Isn't the shape a little too different from the standard, even though I understand that the enclosure volume could be worked out. Is there like a rectangular compartment inside?
raghu you can have a look at this thread of my car's install, you will get to see detailed pics of the FG enclouse fabrication process, it utilizes both, a fg base with an mdf ring for the sub and major damping.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...000gt-ice.html
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 18:19   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Sorry mate... not this time! So please be patient.... itll be worth it :P id love to give some teasers but thatll spoil the whole fun.

kahin woh gaadi grey to nahin ???? ya phir black ya phir blue ya phir he he he I should not spoil the party - eh?
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 21:36   #36
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Yup. It takes a lot of effort and patience. The amps have to be disassembled and reassembled. But the end product is worth it. Photos don't do them justice. If you look carefully, what seem like marks are actually reflections of things in the boot like sub etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Actually theres no reason to void the warranty. The amps have not been opened beyond the superficial plastic end caps that are anyways taken off for installation. The rest of the paint job was done by seasoned professionals with over 20 years experience in automotive painting. Fortunately the way the SRx amps are designed, it was possible to do this.
in your earlier post you mentioned "it takes a lot of effort and patience. the amps have to be disassembled and reassembled". sounded like you have to completely strip the amp to paint it. thats why i asked. anyway, it looks great.

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 22:10   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
in your earlier post you mentioned "it takes a lot of effort and patience. the amps have to be disassembled and reassembled". sounded like you have to completely strip the amp to paint it. thats why i asked. anyway, it looks great.
Oops it did read that way dinnit? In fact it didnt require much disassembling. only the plastic parts were removed. The heat sink was not removed from the amp for painting. It was masked properly and quite a lot of labor was involved in getting the right finish.

Here is another example of such a job done... on the Audison VRx amps.


Last edited by gunbir : 19th July 2007 at 22:12.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 22:13   #38
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
kahin woh gaadi grey to nahin ???? ya phir black ya phir blue ya phir he he he I should not spoil the party - eh?
is it a chameleon paint job......ok now you have got me racking my brains...oh my knees hurt.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 03:14   #39
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

gunman, only one word comes to my mind after seeing these amps...wow...they look great and im sure many people will get their amps painted after seeing these beauties.

'i'm loving it'

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 08:34   #40
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

yeh lo ji... a new rage has started now... painting music systems...
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 09:50   #41
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
yeh lo ji... a new rage has started now... painting music systems...
Please leave this work to professionals. Thinner can destroy a PCB as well as anything mounted on it.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 11:54   #42
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Please leave this work to professionals. Thinner can destroy a PCB as well as anything mounted on it.
i was wondering abt that..wont the painting damage stuff... paint blocking the heat sinks vents etc..I guess only the pros SHOULD even attempt it....
well next i guess we wud be seeing a painted HU..
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 12:53   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Gunbir: In the case of the Vrx amps, even the heat sinks have been painted. This must be some special paint, right? Or else, regular paint will send the heat dissipation for a toss.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 13:09   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Gunbir: In the case of the Vrx amps, even the heat sinks have been painted. This must be some special paint, right? Or else, regular paint will send the heat dissipation for a toss.
unless the heat sinks were significantly over rated to begin with. I have seen heat conductive paint in black, silver and gold but not red (I am sure it should be available in many colours).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 13:16   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
unless the heat sinks were significantly over rated to begin with. I have seen heat conductive paint in black, silver and gold but not red (I am sure it should be available in many colours).
I think it is a demo car and the paint job is just for bling bling only..
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes-Benz launches A-Class & B-Class 'Edition 1' parrys The Indian Car Scene 15 29th June 2014 18:25
Mercedes Benz could begin CKD assembly of A-Class & B-Class from 2014 JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 2 27th June 2013 15:25
Legend: Mercedes-Benz G-Class EDITION30 And G-Class EDITION30.PUR hanmust The International Automotive Scene 16 22nd June 2009 23:43
My problems with the Mercedes C180. And Mercedes Benz India. GTO The Indian Car Scene 133 17th May 2005 13:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks