Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 14:39   #46
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
i was wondering abt that..wont the painting damage stuff... paint blocking the heat sinks vents etc..I guess only the pros SHOULD even attempt it....
well next i guess we wud be seeing a painted HU..
SK,

In the process no vents have been blocked. There are no vents on Audison SRx's to block. the plastic parts / trims (black color) were removed for paint. the main heat sink are was masked to paint along with the red color surface.

The guys who did this are the professionals with decades of experience in painting exotics like Benz's, Bimmer's, Porsche's, Bentleys, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's etc. etc.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:09   #47
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Gunbir: In the case of the Vrx amps, even the heat sinks have been painted. This must be some special paint, right? Or else, regular paint will send the heat dissipation for a toss.
VRx amplifiers have very heavy duty heat sinks. We have operated VRx amplifiers rated for 2 ohm in 1 ohm load without any problems (thermal shutdown / protection etc) in heat of Delhi Summer, that too without using any forced cooling.

In the picture, the three VRx amplifiers are using MAC 2 cooling modules (Forced Cooling System) behind the trims (with the raised "audison" written on them in silver). The cooling fans sits behind the perforated silver trims blowing the air through the length of amplifier heatsinks.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:20   #48
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think it is a demo car and the paint job is just for bling bling only..
Sorry LBM but unfortunately no its not a demo car - I think that if I had to do a demo car I could come up with something a lot more "bling" as you put it.

As for the difference between bling and style, its something which some of us get and some don't...........................
Mukul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:27   #49
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post





hi gunbir/jb,

just noticed one thing so thought ill ask. do both the sub enclosures have the same volume? from the pics it seems both the enclosures are quite different in shape and size. if they are not equal, wont it affect the sq?

i mean no offence but i didnt quite like the overall finish of the enclosures. on the left sub, in the last pic you can see the top left corner is jutting out and on the right its flush. also the rest of the corners and the wall edges on the right side enclosure are not so smooth. maybe it could be because of the pics and looks better when you see it in person.

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:37   #50
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

I would assume both boxs have about the same volume since both boxes are sealed a small difference in volume wont make a significant difference in F3 anyway.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:40   #51
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi gunbir/jb,

just noticed one thing so thought ill ask. do both the sub enclosures have the same volume? from the pics it seems both the enclosures are quite different in shape and size. if they are not equal, wont it affect the sq?

i mean no offence but i didnt quite like the overall finish of the enclosures. on the left sub, in the last pic you can see the top left corner is jutting out and on the right its flush. also the rest of the corners and the wall edges on the right side enclosure are not so smooth. maybe it could be because of the pics and looks better when you see it in person.

cheers
clip
Both the subwoofer boxes are identical in volume with the difference of just 0.25 Litres which is negligible.

You mentioned the corner coming out of the flush line, it was important to stick out the panel a little bit to accomodate the depth of the subwoofer. The subwoofer boxes actually extend beyond what you see as boot floor level into the cavities on each side.

You are right it looks much better in person.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 15:59   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
on the left sub, in the last pic you can see the top left corner is jutting out and on the right its flush.
I think Autophile missed your point. You are referring to the left side enclosure having the left side top corner protruding a bit outside while he is talking about the overall depth of the enclosure. I observe that while the left side top corner protrudes a bit, the right bottom corner is a bit inset. I think it would all be levelled if the top left corner is pushed in a bit (or the right bottom pulled out). Maybe the pic was taken before all the fine cosmetic adjustments.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 17:32   #53
BHPian
 
sk456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: @Noida/Gurgaon
Posts: 570
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

but whatever anybody might think....the 3 Vrx's on top of each other are perfect DROOL material... they are lookig hot... ferrari red hot...
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 17:52   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukul View Post
Sorry LBM but unfortunately no its not a demo car - I think that if I had to do a demo car I could come up with something a lot more "bling" as you put it.

As for the difference between bling and style, its something which some of us get and some don't...........................
Sir I was refering to this one.. Not the one you have done..

low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 20:37   #55
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I think Autophile missed your point. You are referring to the left side enclosure having the left side top corner protruding a bit outside while he is talking about the overall depth of the enclosure. I observe that while the left side top corner protrudes a bit, the right bottom corner is a bit inset. I think it would all be levelled if the top left corner is pushed in a bit (or the right bottom pulled out). Maybe the pic was taken before all the fine cosmetic adjustments.
hi,

yes, you are right. i was referring to the left enclosures top left corner.

jb, was the pic taken prior to cosmetic adjustments? and sorry to use that word(jutting) the proper word wasn't coming to my mind at that time. i hope i didn't offend you in any way.

i have seen Mr. Mukuls installs here on tbhp earlier and i find the work done by him is top notch every time so thats why i was a little concerned about the finish and if you say its ok then i believe it is. and please dont think im nitpicking here but in the pic it seems the left subwoofer is not centred properly, the logo is tilted a little towards the left it seems, but could be because of the angle at which the pic is taken. ill again say i mean no offense :-)

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 20th July 2007 at 20:47.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 10:25   #56
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
...but in the pic it seems the left subwoofer is not centred properly, the logo is tilted a little towards the left it seems...
You are right. It does seem that way but it wont affect the sound in anyway.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 11:00   #57
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You are right. It does seem that way but it wont affect the sound in anyway.
i know it will not affect sq. but why the tilt?what im trying to say is in an install like this(at this level), it should have been taken care of. i mean, after spending a good amount on the install one wouldn't want any imperfections.

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 11:06   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i know it will not affect sq. but why the tilt?what im trying to say is in an install like this(at this level), it should have been taken care of. i mean, after spending a good amount on the install one wouldn't want any imperfections.

cheers
clip
O mere Uncle Tom, that enclosure was yet to be pushed and secured into place. If you look carefully the subs have some dust on them too, as it wasn't cleaned yet, let alone finished. And maybe you can tell, this time the pics weren't taken by me or JB.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 13:15   #59
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
O mere Uncle Tom, that enclosure was yet to be pushed and secured into place. If you look carefully the subs have some dust on them too, as it wasn't cleaned yet, let alone finished. And maybe you can tell, this time the pics weren't taken by me or JB.
o mere gunnu baba, thanks for letting me know. but what about the tilt thing? the id logo on the sub?

yes i can tell, the pics are too, how do i explain? like over exposed? they are not upto your standards.

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes-Benz launches A-Class & B-Class 'Edition 1' parrys The Indian Car Scene 15 29th June 2014 18:25
Mercedes Benz could begin CKD assembly of A-Class & B-Class from 2014 JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 2 27th June 2013 15:25
Legend: Mercedes-Benz G-Class EDITION30 And G-Class EDITION30.PUR hanmust The International Automotive Scene 16 22nd June 2009 23:43
My problems with the Mercedes C180. And Mercedes Benz India. GTO The Indian Car Scene 133 17th May 2005 13:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks