Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 14th August 2007, 23:48   #76
BHPian

Does anyone know if the Clarion Hx D2 is officially retailing in India?? and for what price??
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Clarion HUs discussion!

I am considering the Clarion NX-501: Clarion U.S.A. | NX501

It is feature-rich, except that it doesnt have SD-card slot and does not support aac & divx.
Would the navigation work if I had it shipped from the US and inserted the india maps on SD slot?
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:50   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Would the navigation work if I had it shipped from the US and inserted the india maps on SD slot?
Dont know but it would better to ask if TeleAtlas can support SD card maps. I thought TeleAtlas ws preprogrammed with maps (in this case US maps) but I know nothing about this subject.

"Navigation data is pre-stored on the internal flash memory (4 GB) for quick access. "
Clarion India | NX501A
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:39   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... except that it doesnt have SD-card slot and does not support aac & divx.
The website says "Built-in SiRFprima® GPS Receiver featuring TeleAtlas Mapping Coverage of US 50 States, Canada, and Puerto Rico on Preloaded Micro SD Card" so it *has* a slot, albeit microSD.

TeleAtlas (a TomTom company for the last few years) maps use the PSF format for their map file. The PSF consortium includes NavTeq. So it is quite likely that if you put an India map in NavTeq format in a microSD card, it might / would work in the NX501.

Most OE HU systems with Navigation use PSF format maps (they don't make the maps, they only use a 3rd party map).

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
... "Navigation data is pre-stored on the internal flash memory (4 GB) for quick access. " ...
Usually the maps / map updates reach internal storage via SD slot, i.e. you load it in an SD card, and transfer to the internal storage by inserting the card in the HU. Seen that in a few Kenwoods. Should work via USB too if the unit has USB port, but never tried it.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:44   #80
BHPian

Quote:
I am considering the Clarion NX-501: Clarion U.S.A. | NX501

It is feature-rich, except that it doesnt have SD-card slot and does not support aac & divx.
mine might be one odd case but just keep in mind:

i picked up a Clarion HU during my last US trip and installed it in my OHC, it resulted in an alternator whine which does not seem to go away; if i swap the HU with my older Pioneer unit or with a friend's Clarion India product, the whine goes away; all typical methods to fix alternator whine could not resolve the issue. installer says that this is due to a slight voltage difference between the HU and AMP (powerbass).
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
... all typical methods to fix alternator whine could not resolve the issue. ...
It still would be an installation issue, not that of the HU.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:05   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Reviving an old thread since there are not many clarion threads on team bhp.

Any reviews/ opinions on the Clarion CZ703A? Looks perfect for my requirements with -

1. Single din
2. Time alignment.
3. Three RCA pre-outs. High (5V) volt.
4. Bluetooth telephony.
5. Dual USB (dual not a must have. Rear USB is a must have)
6. Three way crossover network (Not a must have feature for now)

Price is about 4.5k over a Pioneer I was considering which has neither TA nor the XO capabilities. And I also hear that Clarion sound signature is better than Pioneer units (below 80PRS). Speaking of which- it is significantly cheaper than the 80PRS which has a 16 band EQ + automatic TA and tuning. But anyways I've decided 80PRS is too big a stretch for my budget.

Good buy?

PS- Bit worried about the bluetooth call quality as it uses a built in mic.

http://www.clarion.com/in/en/product.../audio/CZ703A/

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd November 2015 at 11:07.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote