Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 18:14   #1
Newbie
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Scorpio slx Nippon HU USB not reading pen drive

I recently bought Scorpio SLX and it comes with Nippon HU with USB and SDCard. yesterday, first time I tried a pen drive (transcend 1gb) through USB port. It seems to read for a second or so and switches back to previous mode (CD or FM).
Please let me know if you have any idea/suggestion as what is happening. I called the dealer/service person no use. Dealer person says try with 2gb or more. doesn't make sense.
easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 19:28   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

the very question of 2 gb or more is plain stupidity; heard maximum limit but never minimum limit. try a different pen drive.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 19:34   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Are you sure you have any music files (that is recognised by your HU) in your pen drive ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 20:49   #4
Newbie
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Yes, the pen drive has just mp3 files

Yes, it has just one folder ('English' with mp3 songs) and then other lang MP3s are outside. There is no other format or extension files, just .mp3s
I connected the pendrive to the laptop, and the media player starts playing without any issues.
easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 22:53   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Then its got to be a problem with the settings on the HU or a problem with the HU itself. Please provide us with the model number. Gurus here can decipher anything (not me).
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 23:00   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
I recently bought Scorpio SLX and it comes with Nippon HU with USB and SDCard. yesterday, first time I tried a pen drive (transcend 1gb) through USB port. It seems to read for a second or so and switches back to previous mode (CD or FM).
Please let me know if you have any idea/suggestion as what is happening. I called the dealer/service person no use. Dealer person says try with 2gb or more. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Yes, it has just one folder ('English' with mp3 songs) and then other lang MP3s are outside. There is no other format or extension files, just .mp3s
I connected the pendrive to the laptop, and the media player starts playing without any issues.
First of all, the dealer's reasoning seems to be lame. I don't think you would have to always use 2GB+.

I think there is something wrong with either your Pen drive or your HU, so all I can suggest is, try another pen drive with totally different collection of tracks.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 23:08   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I think there is something wrong with either your Pen drive or your HU, so all I can suggest is, try another pen drive with totally different collection of tracks.

I would do the same thing. and the problem would be with the HU not the pendrive.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 23:41   #8
BHPian
 
wolfinstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 994
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Reset the System and Reformat the Pen-Drive, Try Again- Should work !
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 23:56   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
vivekiny2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cincinnati, jabalpur,chennai
Posts: 1,241
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Reset the System and Reformat the Pen-Drive, Try Again- Should work !
by any chance, you work with microsoft ?




before reformatting, check what is the format of the drive. not sure if HU looks for a specific type of FAT.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 23:59   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Reset the System and Reformat the Pen-Drive, Try Again- Should work !
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
by any chance, you work with microsoft ?

Don't have to work for MS, just using windows would do.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 00:12   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,031
Thanked: 214 Times
Default

yes, I would suggest the same, reset yr HU else -

Try another thing, do not keep yr mp3 songs in a folder, just copy them to the pendrive without keeping a folder. keep it in the root . This worked for me once. HU would not read folders !! Sounds crazy but worked !! Cheers !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 03:53   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
Yes, it has just one folder ('English' with mp3 songs) and then other lang MP3s are outside. There is no other format or extension files, just .mp3s
I connected the pendrive to the laptop, and the media player starts playing without any issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
yes, I would suggest the same, reset yr HU else -

Try another thing, do not keep yr mp3 songs in a folder, just copy them to the pendrive without keeping a folder. keep it in the root . This worked for me once. HU would not read folders !! Sounds crazy but worked !! Cheers !!
vkochar, I think he has a few mp3 files in the root directory (the other language mp3s as he has mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
before reformatting, check what is the format of the drive. not sure if HU looks for a specific type of FAT.
As far as the file system is concerned, I don't think there would be any issues, since HU's support both FAT (FAT16 FS) and FAT32. Windows does not allow NTFS on pen drives and hence even that is eliminated.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to format the pen drive and try it again, but I'd definitely recommend a fresh pen drive and fresh tracks
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 07:47   #13
Newbie
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 0 Times
Default HU Model# NDC-MP6009UC

I will try again after reformatting. The HU manual says it supports USB2.0 and FAT/FAT32 format. That's exactly what I have.
Must be some issue with HU or I have to fiddle with settings. Clueless :-( .
easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 07:54   #14
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 783
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Windows does not allow NTFS on pen drives and hence even that is eliminated.


i can format my pen drive to ntfs. there is no bounding in windows that you cant formay your thumb drive to ntfs. if you want it, i can do it for you
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 10:29   #15
Newbie
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 0 Times
Default It worked!!

Hey guys, thanks a bunch for the help. I formatted the pen drive (FAT32) and HU started playing the songs. Right now, the files are at root level, will try creating some folders with MP3 files inside and see if it HU can read the files under these folders.
easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All about USB Flash Drives a.k.a Pen Drive / Thumb Drive / Memory Stick / Jump Drive KSM-Vtec Gadgets, Computers & Software 1 28th February 2012 12:04
800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette kittigadu In-Car Entertainment 88 4th February 2011 13:27
SuperBike Trip Reading shows 866 while ODO Reading is 865 freakrz Superbikes & Imports 3 23rd June 2009 11:57
How to connect USB pen drive to AUX port? forbhaskarm In-Car Entertainment 4 15th December 2008 12:06
USB Pen Drive speeds and HU vebmetal In-Car Entertainment 76 15th October 2008 23:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks