Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 14:12   #1
Newbie
 
itsmesuraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Question Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- worth?

Hello BHPians
Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- offered by Maruti dealers in Bangy...please tell me if its worth it?
I want to know if people have used this before n any first hand experiences would be really helpful.
Does the music from a CD jump while goin over potholes in all Sony HU's?

I would really like to know ur opinion only on the setup I mentioned above...its gets toooo confusing given u have soooo many choices....
I listen to all kinda music...soft rock n ghazals...
thanks in advance...
itsmesuraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 15:14   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmesuraj View Post
Hello BHPians
Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- offered by Maruti dealers in Bangy...please tell me if its worth it?
I want to know if people have used this before n any first hand experiences would be really helpful.
Does the music from a CD jump while goin over potholes in all Sony HU's?

I would really like to know ur opinion only on the setup I mentioned above...its gets toooo confusing given u have soooo many choices....
I listen to all kinda music...soft rock n ghazals...
thanks in advance...
Not worth it, looks too expensive to me.

My friend has a Sony HU and I've tried using it a few times, the CD's don't skip when the car runs on potholes, but the player takes a long time to read the CDs. Apparently, that is a common problem with Sony HUs.

All the above based on my experience/opinion.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 15:19   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmesuraj View Post
Hello BHPians
Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- ..
huh?
forgetabout that. that price is so ludicrious I first thought you were saying 3750 not 13750!

For 10K you can get 4 nice speakers from Blau or JBL (CS) and a nice HU from Pio or Blau to boot. Then use the balance 3750 on a bottle of Australian Shiraz (Rs. 2250), french bread (Rs. 29-49), 50gms of goose live pate (Rs 300-450), and flowers (Rs. 100-1000) then enjoy the music with your (now very happy) wife/girlfriend.

Geez, Sam's posts are reading like mine and mine like his.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 16:10   #4
Newbie
 
itsmesuraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Cool Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
huh?
forgetabout that. that price is so ludicrious I first thought you were saying 3750 not 13750!

For 10K you can get 4 nice speakers from Blau or JBL (CS) and a nice HU from Pio or Blau to boot. Then use the balance 3750 on a bottle of Australian Shiraz (Rs. 2250), french bread (Rs. 29-49), 50gms of goose live pate (Rs 300-450), and flowers (Rs. 100-1000) then enjoy the music with your (now very happy) wife/girlfriend.

Geez, Sam's posts are reading like mine and mine like his.

Am sure gonna spend all that extra money as u say navin... ...
Thanks Raghu...
Am gonna get a Pio 7950(approx 9k) and decent speakers only for the front for the remaining(5k)
I picked up a Wagon R...so guess the dash n the door speakers n the front should be good enough...or is it?
Howz the 5950(approx 6k) different from the 7950..apart from the USB feature in the 7950...?
itsmesuraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 17:31   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmesuraj View Post
Am sure gonna spend all that extra money as u say navin... ...
Thanks Raghu...
Am gonna get a Pio 7950(approx 9k) and decent speakers only for the front for the remaining(5k)
I picked up a Wagon R...so guess the dash n the door speakers n the front should be good enough...or is it?
Howz the 5950(approx 6k) different from the 7950..apart from the USB feature in the 7950...?
Congratulations first of all, nice choice of car there!

If you're not very particular about USB, you may buy the 5950 (older model) which would save you some money and get you a decent pair of speakers for the rear. I think there are a few added features and appearance changes in the 7950 from the 5950 and should not affect the SQ.

As far as I know, Wagon R has only 4" slots in the front, which would accommodate a decent set of co-axials.

I'd ask you to follow Navin's advice for the setup!
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 18:01   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

13750 on that equipment is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
huh?
Then use the balance 3750 on a bottle of Australian Shiraz (Rs. 2250), french bread (Rs. 29-49), 50gms of goose live pate (Rs 300-450), and flowers (Rs. 100-1000) then enjoy the music with your (now very happy) wife/girlfriend.
Heyyyy!!! I have a patent on that style, lol.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 09:22   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Sam I did acknowledge you in post #3 and besides I dont think you offered that level of detail.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 09:53   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

You are correct. I was being funny. No I do not offer that level of detail, I cut to the chase too soon. lol
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Sony CDX-GT460US for WagonR - Advise on price / speakers / installation peppyabhi In-Car Entertainment 6 30th July 2007 10:38
ICE for a Wagon R. Budget 10K. Sony CDX-GT460U Head unit with JBL speakers parag385 In-Car Entertainment 7 18th May 2007 09:04
Sony CDX-GT250S + Sony XS-GF6932 aalaap In-Car Entertainment 13 20th September 2006 13:31
Sony CDX V5800 or Pioneer P1Y ? Gtea In-Car Entertainment 12 31st January 2006 15:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks