Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 00:13   #736
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 527
Thanked: 101 Times
Question Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Can you connect a mobile phone to the USB port and see if it gets charged? Do you see any messages in HU when pen drives are connected?
As soon as a pen drive is connected, the display says 'USB' and later 'Reading' and slowly the message disappears.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 12:26   #737
BHPian
 
di1in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bnglr&Thrissur
Posts: 384
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hi guys, need advice on recommended options for a two-din media player/navigation system for a Renault Scala that supports google maps. Anything within 30k if possible.
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 11:55   #738
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 714
Thanked: 410 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: STATUTORY WARNING - 10 Risks to know before entering this forum!

I am looking for genuine yet cost effective JBL (speaker and amp) buying options here in Pune (or online if that works out cheap and authentic) Can any body please share some links / inputs?
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 23:45   #739
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default HU with 3 Preouts - Advise

Hi All

I have a ertiga with Pioneer 270/90BT not sure of the model, it was bought Almost two years ago.

Now last week i bought a Rockford R600x5 amp and have to change my HU as i need 3 preouts .

Please let me know some HU with good easy user interface / best audio output with BT

I dont need navigation

I can buy in Singapore or India based on your advice and model , where ever it is cheaper.

PLEASE ADVISE
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 21:42   #740
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 317
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Got a Creta E+ recently which has a basic 2 Din audio system. The speakers and HU are OEM and I would like to upgrade

1. Which HU ? I would like a touchscreen with some physical controls.
2. Would love to have apple car play (not mandatory).
3. Front Components and back co-axials + tweeters in front.

Will upgrade with an amp and sub woofer later on.

Should I look at Sony / Pioneer or Blaupunkt (recent Symphony series).
bharanidharang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 09:10   #741
BHPian
 
Mashblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 150
Thanked: 253 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Got a Creta E+ recently which has a basic 2 Din audio system. The speakers and HU are OEM and I would like to upgrade

1. Which HU ? I would like a touchscreen with some physical controls.
2. Would love to have apple car play (not mandatory).
3. Front Components and back co-axials + tweeters in front.

Will upgrade with an amp and sub woofer later on.

Should I look at Sony / Pioneer or Blaupunkt (recent Symphony series).
1. Look at recent models Pioneer touchscreen headunits, these come with programmable steering wheel control interface built-in to the HU, you can retain the stock controls on steering wheel. Look out for 3 pairs of pre out and Time alignment feature.

3. Not sure of your budget but try to buy quality components initially, rest of the equipments can wait. I would suggest Morel Tempo 6 components these are very detailed and not bright like most speakers in the market, other option is DLS MB 6.2.

Amp: Sony xmN1004 is surprisingly good match for the morels. Can be used to power the front components and rear coaxials. A mono amp to power the sub.

Make up your mind about the budget you are willing to spend and maybe we can suggest better.
Cheers.

Last edited by Mashblue : 26th August 2017 at 09:12.
Mashblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 10:37   #742
BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 668
Thanked: 392 Times
Default

Folks need some help with regard to Mirroring one's phone on the car audio.

I purchased a pioneer touch screen system--AVH Z2090 BT which has apple car play. Now, we all know that Apple car play doesn't support Google maps, WhatsApp etc. So I'm trying to see what are the options to make it happen.

I came across few:-

1) Jailbreak the iPhone, install some app called "SIRIA", and then go on to install some apps to mirror the phone.

2) another option was connect a maze of wires and cables such as the miracast and few other cables to get the system to mirror.

Both of the above were unconvincing and seemed like a risk with the first one and expensive with the 2nd one due to so many cables.

Have anyone of you tried doing this exercise thru a easier method? Please let me know, thanks!
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 11:26   #743
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BLR, TRV
Posts: 115
Thanked: 121 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: HU with 3 Preouts - Advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

I have a ertiga with Pioneer 270/90BT not sure of the model, it was bought Almost two years ago.

Now last week i bought a Rockford R600x5 amp and have to change my HU as i need 3 preouts .

Please let me know some HU with good easy user interface / best audio output with BT

I dont need navigation

I can buy in Singapore or India based on your advice and model , where ever it is cheaper.

PLEASE ADVISE
I am not a professional audio expert or a guru, all are based on my experience as a music listener. As your budget is not given, here are few random choices:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS, DEH-99PRS and Sony RSX-GS9 are great options if you are looking for a single DIN sound quality head unit and budget is no bar.
Another single DIN SQ head unit is Alpine CDE-HD149BT.
Among double DIN one option is Pioneer AVH-X8690BT.
Keep us updated
lovetorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 14:00   #744
BHPian
 
Sebring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 447
Thanked: 555 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Picked up a brand new AVH-X8750BT from Pioneer Dubai for my Dad's car in India. The experts at the Company there assured me its their flagship for two years now, and remains a hot favourite.

I don't want ear drum breaking thump, just great clarity of sound, so considering just plain 5 1/4 speakers. I'm a noob! Any suggestions?

Am I wrong in not picking up the under-seat amp+woofer, crossovers etc...?
The navigation works flawless in India I'm told.

Suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 10:08   #745
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,647
Thanked: 4,178 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Can we connect the output from head-phone jack of a mp3 players to the High-Level input of the amplifier ?

If yes, Can the two inputs be used at same time ?

Amp does not have USB / Aux inputs.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 18:24   #746
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,800
Thanked: 1,255 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

1. no, you need to connect to the RCA in
2. you can connect to two sets of RCA in using a splitter
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 12:55   #747
BHPian
 
Ry_der's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hello to all audio gurus.

I wish to upgrade to a BT enabled HU for my Accent.
Presently, The car has Sony Xplode 6" in front, Sony Xplode 6" X 9" in the rear parcel tray & a Pioneer HU(I dont know the model no). The speakers are good enough for my use.

Now, I want to go for a 2 DIN HU but my car has only a 1DIN slot. Is there any 'Jugaad' to get it done? Or, is there any 1DIN HU with BT available?

I am also planning for a reverse parking sensor+ camera setup.

Since its a 7 year old car, I do not wish to spend more than 17-18K on the upgrades.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by Ry_der : 29th August 2017 at 12:57.
Ry_der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 10:21   #748
BHPian
 
arjithin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BGLR/Chalakudy
Posts: 861
Thanked: 1,003 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
Hello to all audio gurus.

I wish to upgrade to a BT enabled HU for my Accent.
Presently, The car has Sony Xplode 6" in front, Sony Xplode 6" X 9" in the rear parcel tray & a Pioneer HU(I dont know the model no). The speakers are good enough for my use.

Now, I want to go for a 2 DIN HU but my car has only a 1DIN slot. Is there any 'Jugaad' to get it done? Or, is there any 1DIN HU with BT available?

I am also planning for a reverse parking sensor+ camera setup.

Since its a 7 year old car, I do not wish to spend more than 17-18K on the upgrades.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in Advance.
There are 1DIN video player with detachable display units or motorized display units. (mostly Chinese ones). Example Link

I suggest not to do Jugad and cut dashboard etc to make a 2DIN fit considering the value of your car.

Other option is to invest on a good Tablet which will work as a car audio player outputting sound via your existing player. You can get advanced features like GPS, google maps etc in this solution. There are few posts in team bhp where people made neat looking custom mounts for tablets using velcro straps.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 10:58   #749
BHPian
 
Ry_der's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 89
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
There are 1DIN video player with detachable display units or motorized display units. (mostly Chinese ones). Example Link
Exactly what I was looking for. That's the beauty of this platform. Thanks a lot Sir.

Quote:
I suggest not to do Jugad and cut dashboard etc to make a 2DIN fit considering the value of your car.
That was never the plan, Sir. I was thinking about the products you have provided link of. Those are the 'juggads'.

Quote:

Other option is to invest on a good Tablet which will work as a car audio player outputting sound via your existing player. You can get advanced features like GPS, google maps etc in this solution. There are few posts in team bhp where people made neat looking custom mounts for tablets using velcro straps.
Will the tablet be able to survive the trapped heat inside a parked car? I dont want to take out the tablet each time I park(Read lazy).


Thanks a tonn for the precious insights.

Cheers !
Ry_der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 16:19   #750
BHPian
 
Memphis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hi Gurus, desperately need help with the ICE setup on my 1st gen Civic. I moved from the stock setup to the following at Driven, delhi:
- Front Hertz 165 components, hooked up to
- Kenwood 2 ch KAC 5203 amp
- focal wiring kit
- stock setup of rear coaxials run thru the HU
My problem is that the entire soundstage is terribly forward. I can barely move the volume dial to 5 without getting irritated with the imbalance of sound from the front. I flushed the tweeters on the a-pillars with reversed polarity but that did not help. Amp gain is minimum.
Someone suggested reducing the gain on the hi-lo converter, but Mr Rana at Driven claims no such adjustment exists. Please help me create a balanced soundstage without shelling out big bucks for a change in rear speakers & 4 ch amp. Thanks!
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3957 20th November 2017 14:38
Google SMS - An end to Ask me service ! Sahil Shifting gears 12 30th January 2008 00:05
The Newbie Thread: Things you were scared to ask vidvai Technical Stuff 30 17th August 2007 17:30
P-150 classic for sale .What can i ask for jango Motorbikes 1 31st March 2006 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks