Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 00:04   #106
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 119
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hello Gurus,

I would like you all to help me out with the following setup that I have on my mind for the all New Swift VDi that I'm about to book quite soon.

Budget - 30K (max) for HU, Components, Damping & Wiring.

HU - JVC KW-AVX646 or Pioneer AVH-P3350BT (please suggest the better one w.r.t. SQ).

Components - The all new JBL GTO-609C or Infinity Ref-6530CS.

Sub & Amp - JBL 4-way GT5-S644 & JBL CS-1204B (both will be carried over from my current car).

Rear fills - Will be driving alone most of the time. So, not thinking about it for now. But, suggestions,if any, are welcome, just for door speakers.

The Amp will drive the Sealed Sub and the Components.

A major problem in our city, Bhubaneswar, is the availability of only a limited number of good ICE brands like, JBL, Infinity, JVC, Pioneer, Alpine and Kenwood.

help me out Gurus!

Thanks.
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:13   #107
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 119
Thanked: 25 Times
Unhappy Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Any inputs regarding my previous post Gurus?
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:02   #108
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,963
Thanked: 3,504 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
Budget - 30K (max) for HU, Components, Damping & Wiring.
HU - JVC KW-AVX646 or Pioneer AVH-P3350BT (please suggest the better one w.r.t. SQ).
Components - The all new JBL GTO-609C or Infinity Ref-6530CS.
Sub & Amp - JBL 4-way GT5-S644 & JBL CS-1204B (both will be carried over from my current car).
Rear fills - Will be driving alone most of the time. So, not thinking about it for now. But, suggestions,if any, are welcome, just for door speakers.
Between the 2 HUs' I'd thae the 3350 then again I have not heard the 646.

For components and rear door coax, I'd take the Infinity. You do now that these are sister brands targetted at different audiences?

Yes I would recommend the rear fill for the door.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:35   #109
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 119
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
..........
For components and rear door coax, I'd take the Infinity. You do now that these are sister brands targetted at different audiences?.........

Thanks a lot Navin Sir.
Yes, I do know about that and I've always found the JBLs a tad too bright for my taste. But the 609c is a new entry in the market, so havn't heard it yet.
One last question. Would damping be required for rear doors if I happen to install rear co-ax?

Thanks again.
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:47   #110
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,963
Thanked: 3,504 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
One last question. Would damping be required for rear doors if I happen to install rear co-ax?
All damping helps. It reduces NVH as well.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 23:31   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 137
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hello Gurus,

I have the following configuration in my car

HU : Blaupunkt MAUI MP 36
Rear speakers are Blaupunkt GTX 693 with 50 W RMS output.
Front are Blaupunkt but I don't remember the model number.

Will adding an amp improve the SQ? I visited a accessories shop today (Phadke, kothurd Pune) and the owner suggested that the speakers are not good enough to handle a amp.

What are the modifications I can do if I have a max budget of 10k.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Adi_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 10:00   #112
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 21,963
Thanked: 3,504 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
HU : Blaupunkt MAUI MP 36
Rear speakers are Blaupunkt GTX 693 with 50 W RMS output.
Front are Blaupunkt but I don't remember the model number.

Will adding an amp improve the SQ?
The amp will improve SQ slightly by making the bass more defined. What is more improtant is damping, wires and a good clean install.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 15:59   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 137
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Do I need to upgrade the speakers before the amp?
Adi_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 19:10   #114
Distinguished - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,068
Thanked: 2,866 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

As per your profile, your car seems to be a Xeta. First check what speakers you have in front. I have a feeling you have 4" coaxes up front (if customer does not ask specifically, showrooms tend to put that to limit their cost).

* Changing those 4"ers another set of 4"ers may not give you too many gains. Better check if you can change to at least 5.25" components in the front door.

* If you have 5.25" coaxes in the front doors, it may be wise to replace them with components - that will give you the first level of improvement. Driven by an amp, the components will give much better sound along with the rear 6x9 coaxes.

* OTOH, if you already have 5.25" components up front, just adding the amp will make the difference.

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th August 2011 at 19:12.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 01:00   #115
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 137
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
As per your profile, your car seems to be a Xeta. First check what speakers you have in front. I have a feeling you have 4" coaxes up front (if customer does not ask specifically, showrooms tend to put that to limit their cost).

* Changing those 4"ers another set of 4"ers may not give you too many gains. Better check if you can change to at least 5.25" components in the front door.

* If you have 5.25" coaxes in the front doors, it may be wise to replace them with components - that will give you the first level of improvement. Driven by an amp, the components will give much better sound along with the rear 6x9 coaxes.

* OTOH, if you already have 5.25" components up front, just adding the amp will make the difference.
Yes, I have a Xeta. The front speakers are in the dash and not in the front doors. I believe they are 4" and not 5.25".

Thanks for your advice, I will check if the dash can fit better speakers.
Adi_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 01:52   #116
BHPian
 
k2max6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

I am looking for a HU for my swift.
I came across Pioneer AVH-3350BT.
Although my budget was around 12k and was planning to get the kenwood x7016.
Seeing the host of features and touchscreen,i might increase my budget to get the 3350bt.(18k with b&w)
Now my concern - Is The SQ even close or is 7016 leagues ahead of the avh-3350bt?
Current equipment :
Infinity reference comps. & 6x9's
Jbl gt5-s644 , 1215 sub
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 08:51   #117
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 520
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

I am looking for a good double din HU and possibly a speaker upgrade at later stages. These are my requirements.

1. Video interface needed as I need the reverse camera to be connected to the HU.
2. Bluetooth is a must.
3. I listen to soft, instrumental music a lot. Would like to distinctly hear the different instruments.
4. USB/iPod interface.
5. Navigation is good to have. If not, I can always use my Android phone with MMI.

I had a look at CASKA. But not very impressed with what am getting in return for 48K.

Does anyone know how good JVC AVX 846 is?

2-DIN AV Receiver KW-AVX846 | AV Receiver | Car Audio | JVC India

Only thing that concerns me there is lack of physical buttons and a full touch interface. Since my car will not have steering wheel controls, not sure how convenient it will be to adjust volume or change to next track with touch screen buttons? Or can this be negated by having those after market steering remote that can be attached to the steering wheel?

And one final question. Will JVC install require cutting of wires? CASKA guys told me that they can install their unit without cutting the wires. The reason for this is the concern about electrical warranty.

Request your valuable inputs.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 11:28   #118
BHPian
 
k2max6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 483
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I am looking for a good double din HU and possibly a speaker upgrade at later stages. These are my requirements.

1. Video interface needed as I need the reverse camera to be connected to the HU.
2. Bluetooth is a must.
3. I listen to soft, instrumental music a lot. Would like to distinctly hear the different instruments.
4. USB/iPod interface.
5. Navigation is good to have. If not, I can always use my Android phone with MMI.

I had a look at CASKA. But not very impressed with what am getting in return for 48K.

Does anyone know how good JVC AVX 846 is?

2-DIN AV Receiver KW-AVX846 | AV Receiver | Car Audio | JVC India

Only thing that concerns me there is lack of physical buttons and a full touch interface. Since my car will not have steering wheel controls, not sure how convenient it will be to adjust volume or change to next track with touch screen buttons? Or can this be negated by having those after market steering remote that can be attached to the steering wheel?

And one final question. Will JVC install require cutting of wires? CASKA guys told me that they can install their unit without cutting the wires. The reason for this is the concern about electrical warranty.

Request your valuable inputs.
JVC AVX-846 is a good HU. Caska is not a brand as good and reliable.
Its better to stick to JVC,Pioneer etc.
This HU will also Not require cutting of wires.An aftermarket coupler is used to do the same.(Rs.100-200).Your electrical warranty would stay intact.

As far as convenience is concerned, you can buy the add-on steering wheel remote if you don't feel comfortable using the touchscreen after some time.

BTW which is the car in concern?
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 11:41   #119
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 520
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
As far as convenience is concerned, you can buy the add-on steering wheel remote if you don't feel comfortable using the touchscreen after some time.

BTW which is the car in concern?
VW Vento TDi highline. Thank you for your inputs.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 02:18   #120
BHPian
 
manjot1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 119
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Is the "Sonic Center Control" feature of the Pioneer AVH touchscreen HUs' similar to "Time Alignment"?

Has anyone out here tested this feature? How does it work?

Thanks!

- Manjot
manjot1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me rjvora_2000 Indian Car Loans & Insurance 3837 25th May 2017 12:44
Google SMS - An end to Ask me service ! Sahil Shifting gears 12 30th January 2008 00:05
The Newbie Thread: Things you were scared to ask vidvai Technical Stuff 30 17th August 2007 17:30
P-150 classic for sale .What can i ask for jango Motorbikes 1 31st March 2006 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks