Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I got a quote of 12.5k with the following components:

JBL Amp CS 300.1 (6.5k)
JBL sub GTO 1202 D (3.9k)
Sub Box (1.5k)
Wiring kit (600)

Does it sound like a good combination and worthly priced ? Yet to check the prices of the same at national market for a grey quote.

Another doubt arises from the above combinations. CS 300.1 is a mono sub amp. Does it mean only the sub is connected to it ? If yes (as I assume) how about the other existing speakers ? Will it not be sounding the same as it is already ? Any amps that has 4.1 ( 2 rear, 2 front and 1 sub ) function ? Sorry for my ignorance. Did a lot of online searches but couldnt figure out how the complete amp function is attained. I usually enjoy music with a 30% on the front and 70% on the rear balancing. Help greatly appreciated.
Wow, those are good prices. Very low.

Yes that amplifier is a monoblock designed only to run the subwoofer.
You do get amplifier that can run 4 speakers and a subwoofer, they are 5/6 channel amplifiers.
And your music should be louder in the front than the rear.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 11:07   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sam,
I will be checking the prefered models today. What is meant by a 'direct sub drive' on the manual of HU 6950 ? It also mentions 3 RCA pre-outs. Is it good enough to get a JBL CS 60.4 for front and rear speakers and Sub directly connected to the HU as mentioned in the manual ? I am not sure about the combinations. Purpose is to get a decent and clear music but not crowd attracting 'DHUM DHUM' effect from the sub.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 12:37   #78
Senior - BHPian

Shaju - Do a search for "Direct Sub Drive", I remember it's been discussed here earlier. And IIRC the HU alone does not have the power to drive the sub sufficiently.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 12:43   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Is it good enough to get a JBL CS 60.4 for front and rear speakers and Sub directly connected to the HU as mentioned in the manual ? I am not sure about the combinations. Purpose is to get a decent and clear music but not crowd attracting 'DHUM DHUM' effect from the sub.
Connecting the sub directly to the HU will result in poor bass at best. I'd rather you bridged two channels of the 60.4 and used them to drive the sub.

Dhum machaale dhum machaale dhum dhum.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 13:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Default Cs 60.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Connecting the sub directly to the HU will result in poor bass at best. I'd rather you bridged two channels of the 60.4 and used them to drive the sub.
Dhum machaale dhum machaale dhum dhum.
Almost finalised on JBL CS 60.4 (priced 6.5k) without the sub for a month. Planning to connect the front and rear to the amp and see if that is enough for my liking. If not happy after a trial period of 2 or 3 weeks, I will get a sub (JBL GTO 1002 D) to the bridged 2 channels and the remaining 2 lines to either front or rear. Present front and rear speakers and the HU 6950 are powerful enough to produce decent bass even without an amp, so I expect satisfactory result with an amp. Waiting for the CS 60.4 to be delivered and installed at home. Will post details as soon as it arrives.

By the way, Sanjay (Director of Dhoom I and II) is my wife's best friend's only brother. Unfortunately, I still have not found time to watch both movies. Dhum machaale dhum machaale dhum dhum..........
Old 30th August 2007, 17:20   #81
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i really dont know where to post this query but found this thread somewhat suitable,so im posting it here..

im currently running this ice setup:
BLAUPUNKT bahamas MP34 HU
front- blaupunkt oval speakers (forgot the number , but they are fit in the OE location, the grille below the a/c vent)
pioneer tweeters
rear- pioneer TSA6980 4way oval speakers
Sony Xplod 1300W 12" SUB
Sony Xplod AMP.(MONO driving only the sub)

and i want to change my amp and sub because im going to give the current ones to my bro, now im looking for an AMP which can power all the 4 speakers and the SUB..is there one which can do this job??

suggest AMPs (with model number,if possible) and prices, please..
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 13:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Successfully installed the JBL CS 60.4 after taking lot of tips and opinions from members here. Presently its connected to the rear and front speakers without sub. HU bass setting is flat, still the output on the rear speaker (punching bass) is really great. I could feel the difference in the first test song itself. RCA cables are Xplod brand, though I tried but couldnt get some other brand on members' suggestions. Presently, I dont find the real need of a sub. CS 60.4 has a very powerful output specially since my speakers are of good quality (pioneer 4 way TS A6982S for rear and JBL 2 way CS 2104 for front). Volume level at -15- I get a heart punching bass and treble which mutes me out from the road noise cum vehicle honks. Even the train honk at the railway cross was not heard with the music inside. That is bit scary too, I can imagine what would be the deafening effect it could be with a Sub. Therefore its a NO to sub till I get used to present set up. Thanks to everyone for all the advices. Pictures will be added to the Gallery this weekend.

Suggestion to the quiry of badboyscad above: You might find JBL GTO 755.6 as the correct amp for your requirement. Check this link for all details JBL Car & Marine Audio . Its quoted approximately 14k in bangalore without B&W. Price might vary at your place.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your set up, I'm sure it might be sounding good. Waiting for pics and yes, dont worry about deafning part. We have better/more powerful setups here, and the TBHPians using those are perfectly fine.
Burning example is LBM. (LOL)
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 16:31   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
and i want to change my amp and sub because im going to give the current ones to my bro, now im looking for an AMP which can power all the 4 speakers and the SUB..is there one which can do this job??

suggest AMPs (with model number,if possible) and prices, please..
JBL makes a 755.6 and Audisson makes the SRx5 both will cost you in the range of Rs. 25K-30K.

Last edited by navin : 31st August 2007 at 16:34.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote