Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 17th October 2007, 15:23   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Well without further ado...

any particular reasons the XOs are installed where visible. After all few dare to tinker with the XO.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 16:39   #167
Senior - BHPian

Huh? Did a speaker upgrade happen? Those big XOs look like 3 ways? And I thought Vikram had comps in front and 6x9s in back?

Beautiful Amp. I wish I could listen to it :(
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 16:41   #168
BHPian

a "supertweeter" has been installed!
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 16:44   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
AHA! I knew it. That's the "chotta" XO. And the big one is indeed the 2-way's XO. My mistake. HT20R SuperTweeter?

Last edited by hydrashok : 17th October 2007 at 16:45.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:22   #170
BHPian

Quote:
@vikram18:

Hi, was interested in knowing -

1. The location where the supertweeter has been installed
2. How they have been connected to your amplifier
2. Sound-wise, the effect of adding the supertweeter to your existing 2-ways, especially impact on staging & imaging

Would be great if you could spare some time to share your feedback/opinion - thanks in advance!
Flying Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 18:57   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
AHA! I knew it. That's the "chotta" XO. And the big one is indeed the 2-way's XO. My mistake. HT20R SuperTweeter?
looks like a new better brother of TS-20
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 19:41   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
@vikram18:

Hi, was interested in knowing -

1. The location where the supertweeter has been installed
2. How they have been connected to your amplifier
2. Sound-wise, the effect of adding the supertweeter to your existing 2-ways, especially impact on staging & imaging

Would be great if you could spare some time to share your feedback/opinion - thanks in advance!
1. They're installed on the dash, just short of the stock location for tweeters.

2. You'll have to ask the BBW guys.

3. You've already heard the amp so that's made a HUGE difference. I've installed the tweeters in the door panels of my Civic. That had affected both soundstage and imaging. So now, instead of the soundstage ending near the HU, it has been extended to almost the windshield. Imaging is far better and now I'm inside the music. I hope I'm making sense as I'm not at all well versed with the normal music terminology. I only have my ears to guide me, so I cannot discourse on length on finer points.
The supertweeters have enhanced my music experience considerably and coupled with the amp, I'm simply ecstatic.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 20:39   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
So now, instead of the soundstage ending near the HU, it has been extended to almost the windshield. Imaging is far better and now I'm inside the music.
Sounds great, thanks for your feedback! Am now increasingly tempted to add this to the list of things to happen to my car shortly (I have 2-ways in my car installed in a similar fashion to yours...)

Quote:
I only have my ears to guide me, so I cannot discourse on length on finer points.
The most reliable guide, IMHO

Quote:
The supertweeters have enhanced my music experience considerably and coupled with the amp, I'm simply ecstatic.
Congratulations once again!
Flying Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 21:13   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...So now, instead of the soundstage ending near the HU, it has been extended to almost the windshield. Imaging is far better and now I'm inside the music...
I guess this is what the supertweeters are all about. I've not heard a setup with proper supertweeters at all, but from what I've heard about them, they are supposed to add to the music without actually making their presence felt -- by just adding air and depth (and not overt highs), thus enhancing the width and height and "airiness" (for lack of a better word) of the soundstage.

Looks like they are doing the job really well!

Congrats again Vikram! I'll chalk-up your install to my (growing) list of all those really good installs I won't be able to listen to. I wish I could take a month off work and come up north on an ICE Pilgrimage and listen to all those good installs.
Old 19th October 2007, 15:39   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I guess this is what the supertweeters are all about. I've not heard a setup with proper supertweeters at all, but from what I've heard about them, they are supposed to add to the music without actually making their presence felt -- by just adding air and depth (and not overt highs), thus enhancing the width and height and "airiness" (for lack of a better word) of the soundstage.
Hydra, very well put I must say... thats exactly what they're supposed to do
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 18:40   #176
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to bump this thread but a little Birdy told me that Vikram Bhai got some changes/updates on his setup.

So Vikram Ji can you shed some light on this !!!
Old 19th September 2008, 18:46   #177
Senior - BHPian

yesterday night i met him but,he got the swift instead of his civic,Vikram if you come down to mumbai just give a call,or incase i am in pune i'll give you a call to audition your upgraded ICE
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 21:47   #178
BHPian

LBM - I'm truly surprised at how word gets around but I can fairly guess the route.
You're right. I've changed everything except for the Genesis 5-Channel amp.

My current setup is:

Fronts - CDT Audio, HD Series Components
Rear - CDT Audio Ovals
HU - Eclipse CD 7100

I've added a Tornado 2000W Monoblock and changed my sub to a 12" Kicks, which is still not final; plan to audition a couple more before I'm sure.
I've also thrown out all the monster cables and now have truly awesome Audioplus interconnects. I had zero guage power, so haven't touched that. A while ago, I had the car re-damped with Dynamat Xtreme, and I must admit, it's made a huge difference. 2 Capacitors complete this current setup.

I have our EVO6 (Bhushan) to thank for letting me audition his Audi TT, which truly opened my eyes, or should I say ears!

The imaging and soundstage are to die for, and the midbass kicks like a mule. The Civic has never sounded roomier and now I have all my fave ladies right on the windshield in front of me

The install looks absolutely stunning. Will post some nice Pics soon. I believe our own MF might actually do that far before I do.

Most of my Pune T-Bhp friends have heard it and they all quite like what they've heard and seen. The equipment is still running-in; I can't wait for it to all open up!

Ramie - Anytime dear friend, absolutely anytime. Do PM me your cell number; I just might be in Mumbai next week.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 22:47   #179
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vikram! Heard some chatter about CDT very recently... didnt know it was you.

How did you lay your hands on the 7100?
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 22:49   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have our EVO6 (Bhushan) to thank for letting me audition his Audi TT, which truly opened my eyes, or should I say ears!
Good to hear that bro, Atleast now you know what HERTZ and what SINGS.

Congrats for the upgrade.

For the sub I would suggest a visit to Ajay Bhai. I think he has something special for you.