Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 27th August 2007, 22:58   #16
Team-BHP Support

guys esteem speakers open into a almost air tight hood, great air space. dont bother comparing it to a swifts enclosure!! i think thats the basic mismatch in this comparison.

opps sorry i dint see shrivz reply

let me add, same pio head unit from iKON with a closed boot coupled with puny JBL speakers (puny, since they are janta ones i used) in swift is almost same same according to mua.

only advice see if instal is proper, second get an amp if ur dil mange more.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th August 2007 at 23:03. Reason: pardon and some more explanation
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 02:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have 7950 + 937 + 637 combo and I am very much satisfied about the sound quality.

Though there is a static from the rear speakers when the HU is off, I attribute it to the bad install by the dealer, no connectors, just use wire stripper and tape. WOuld like some pointers how to eliminate this.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 06:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I have 7950 + 937 + 637 combo and I am very much satisfied about the sound quality.

Though there is a static from the rear speakers when the HU is off, I attribute it to the bad install by the dealer, no connectors, just use wire stripper and tape. WOuld like some pointers how to eliminate this.
This sounds like a bad ground at the HU.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 07:43   #19
BHPian

Hi you have 2 options, spend some money buy a gun and shoot the Installer as JK DAS said or better still use the money and find a better Installer and get your system re-wired. You have a mast system dude it is just your @!**%^ installer who have screwed it up. My Brother in law has the same setup in his SANTRO and I tell you the SQ is mind blowing even without sub his bass is powerful enough. However if you are interested in blowing off your neighbours trunks / briefs you better get yourself a sub !!!
Lifewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 08:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think the gurus have answered your query very well. If you still have a doubt, PM me your number. I am planning to drive down to Goa sometime next month and on the way, I'll give you a demo of 937 and 607 combo in my car. Believe me, you won't be disappointed

I am not trying to say that you're wrong. I want you to look at the list of satisfied JBL customers (including me) and think about it again. There is something really faulty in your install and you need to get it fixed.

Do get it fixed and let us know about it so that the mods can add "- fixed and now happy" to the thread title.

Cheers!
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 11:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

LOL! Pretty right SAM.... I do mean that they have a rocking, distortion free clear sound even if i "oyee poomp upp theee voluumme"!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 12:08   #22
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

One small suggestion before u opt for re-wiring. Yesterday, I was meddling with the HU, and I found 4 peculiar functions - COMP OFF->COMP 1->COMP2->BMX1->BMX2. I found that the system was in COMP OFF. I inserted an mp3 CD, switched between COMP1 and COMP2, there was a slight increase in bass, though not very powerful. I switched to BMX1-the treble increased, and then to BMX2-the bass increased :-) whoa, somehow cracked it :-). Still, I would be going to a technician to check the polarity in a couple of weeks, but as of now the system sounds better.

cheers,
giga
gigatech2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 15:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
Still, I would be going to a technician to check the polarity in a couple of weeks
Whats the big deal? you can do it yourself. You just need to shuffle the wires and see for yourself.
Old 29th August 2007, 17:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Whats the big deal? you can do it yourself. You just need to shuffle the wires and see for yourself.
Oh really?? Should I pull out the HU and peep in?? Well, I like meddling with computers, but a bit skeptical about my 'expertise' in dealing with car HUs

Cheers,
giga
Old 29th August 2007, 17:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

giga, polarity simply means +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve wires are properly matched. thats all.

Open up speakers one by one from their location, just reverse the wiring and see if it improves the overall sound/bass from that particular speaker. if it does, let it remain like that. if the sound worsens, let them be at the original location. SIMPLE. why would you need to open a HU?

If your installer is a roadside wala chotu, he probably wont understand what is meant by polarity. In this case, tell him "wire adlaa badli kar ke dekh ek ek karke. mere ko dekhna hai awaaz kaisi aati hai" and then use your ears to judge.
Old 29th August 2007, 22:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
giga, polarity simply means +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve wires are properly matched. thats all.

Open up speakers one by one from their location, just reverse the wiring and see if it improves the overall sound/bass from that particular speaker. if it does, let it remain like that. if the sound worsens, let them be at the original location. SIMPLE. why would you need to open a HU?

If your installer is a roadside wala chotu, he probably wont understand what is meant by polarity. In this case, tell him "wire adlaa badli kar ke dekh ek ek karke. mere ko dekhna hai awaaz kaisi aati hai" and then use your ears to judge.
FYI (prev posts) - the HU's wires got disconnected and got it soldered, and the bass is missing after that...so there is no point in looking at the speakers for polarity
Old 30th August 2007, 13:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Why? Even if it got jumbled at HU level, still you can see at the speaker level naa, atleast for the polarity part.
Old 30th August 2007, 13:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Why? Even if it got jumbled at HU level, still you can see at the speaker level naa, atleast for the polarity part.

Yes..even I feel the same..it will get alright if the speaker wires are mixed n matched..i had the same issue when I changed my HU, but now its fine!
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote