Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th August 2007, 20:31   #16
BHPian

Uhmm... ive powered my speakers 70:30 rear to front... I've seen a lot of people recommended connecting amps to the front speakers. When my amp-less setup is at 50:50 balanced, I feel a bad lack of bass. Will this change on getting an amp ? (or has it something to do with my car ? [not damped])
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 10:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Uhmm... ive powered my speakers 70:30 rear to front... I've seen a lot of people recommended connecting amps to the front speakers. When my amp-less setup is at 50:50 balanced, I feel a bad lack of bass. Will this change on getting an amp ? (or has it something to do with my car ? [not damped])
Perhaps you are influenced by the setup that you are hearing now (without sub):
* Damping will not increase bass - it will prevent unwanted rattles and buzzes when you have serious bass playing in the car
* Since the rear ovals are producing more bass (obviously you like bass, don't you?) you are preferring the rears to be louder
* But, when you put in a sub, it is going to fill the car with a lot of low frequencies that you want
* Making the rear louder than the front will make the soundstage wonky - it will sound like you are wearing headphones
* A well tuned ICE should make the soundstage appear near the windshield (as if the singer is on the bonnet!) for the driver, and near the front seats for the rear passengers
* If you have an amp powering the front, you stand a chance of achieving the above. The rears fed from the HU will be loud enough for the rear seat. And you can go bolo tara rara in the driver's seat!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote