Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 15:59   #1
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 8 Times
Exclamation Accent ICE upgrade --

Hey guys,

Am new here. I've got an Accent with a pretty basic audio system since im not all that into music. But since Ive got some xtra bucks now, thought of giving my car a BOOM [ ] .... Heres what I got, pls help me out. ::

Pioneer 5850MPH HU --- (know this sucks , tell me if ill need an upgrade on this two)
Sony Xplod Oval Back and front speakers ... i guess they are 100W and 50W respectively. Im sorry, Ill post the model nos. as soon as i can find them.

I think i looking for an AMP n a SUB-WF ..... Ill definately be lookin into loudness.. The price should be mid-range but pls do suggest even low-end models. There is an accessory shop here quite close by, so ill most probably get a demo of the model's you guys suggest.

Thanks a billion,
amitwiz1
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 16:06   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

Please avoid Xplod speakers. This is the best advice I can give you.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 16:12   #3
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Alright. What do you recommend instead ?
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 16:19   #4
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Alright. What do you recommend instead ?
Hertz, Illusion, Polk, Boston, Morel, DLS, CDT, Diamond, JBL, Infinty, Seas, ...
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 16:30   #5
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

How abt JBL P552 frm POWER ?? A dealer from Sahil intrntional recommended them. What's the max. output which would go with my HU ?? (does my HU need an upgrade too ?)
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 17:20   #6
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Hey guys,

Am new here. I've got an Accent with a pretty basic audio system since im not all that into music. But since Ive got some xtra bucks now, thought of giving my car a BOOM [ ] .... Heres what I got, pls help me out. ::

Pioneer 5850MPH HU --- (know this sucks , tell me if ill need an upgrade on this two)
Sony Xplod Oval Back and front speakers ... i guess they are 100W and 50W respectively. Im sorry, Ill post the model nos. as soon as i can find them.

I think i looking for an AMP n a SUB-WF ..... Ill definately be lookin into loudness.. The price should be mid-range but pls do suggest even low-end models. There is an accessory shop here quite close by, so ill most probably get a demo of the model's you guys suggest.

Thanks a billion,
amitwiz1
the HU you have is a good HU. i have heard the latest xx90 series but the xx80 series are better. yours is the mph. it has green illumination if im not wrong and has 2 preouts. 1 front and 1 rear/sub switchable.

what you can do is to...fiirst of all get rid of the sony speakers. what is the size of the front speakers? the stock location cn take 5 1/2" withou mods and 6 1/2" with spacer rings. you can get jbl gto 6.5" comps for apx 6500/-

you can get a jbl 60.4 amp for around 8k. get a pio 307c sub. power the fronts with 2 channels of the amp and 2 channels bridged to drive the sub. power the rears from the HU.

you can get the sub(12") for 3500/- apx..

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 18:49   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
How abt JBL P552 frm POWER ?? A dealer from Sahil intrntional recommended them. What's the max. output which would go with my HU ?? (does my HU need an upgrade too ?)
Sahil International represents JBL in India. If you need more power you dont need to change the HU, just add an amp.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 19:11   #8
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 8 Times
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
the HU you have is a good HU. i have heard the latest xx90 series but the xx80 series are better. yours is the mph. it has green illumination if im not wrong and has 2 preouts. 1 front and 1 rear/sub switchable.
Yup, blue oled illumination. Right on, (what does mph stand for? )
Ive found out the 1's at the back are Xplod Oval GT-6933 (230W max.)(r sumthin...)... front speaker r 5.5"


Are Pioneer Amps good ? n what abt Alpine ?

Are there any indian websites or website of distributors where I can browse amps n stuff ??
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 20:50   #9
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

I just got a pair f GTO637 n P552 for rear n front installed for a day's test [wierd installation ! :o] n as a demo the dealer installed the foll amps ..

jbl cs60.4 -- 9k
jbl cs 60.2 -- 6k
kenwood kac-6403 [didnt like the sound @ all :X ]
sony XM554ZR at 8k
sony 502 at 3k :P !!
sony xm552zr 4k...

Will i be needing a 2 channel / 4 chan amp ?? Now, the jbl amp sounded really good... like they had a lot of resolution... n d sony amps were preety gud 2... d 552 was really gud.. n comparin d price .. im lukin in2 sony actually...
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 23:36   #10
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

amit, I cold not rad your post. It might be the SMS used.
If it is indeed SMS, please note that SMS is not permited on TBHP.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 09:21   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
I just got a pair f GTO637 n P552 for rear n front installed for a day's test [wierd installation ! :o] n as a demo the dealer installed the foll amps ..

jbl cs60.4 -- 9k
jbl cs 60.2 -- 6k
kenwood kac-6403 [didnt like the sound @ all :X ]
sony XM554ZR at 8k
sony 502 at 3k :P !!
sony xm552zr 4k...

Will i be needing a 2 channel / 4 chan amp ?? Now, the jbl amp sounded really good... like they had a lot of resolution... n d sony amps were preety gud 2... d 552 was really gud.. n comparin d price .. im lukin in2 sony actually...
Most of the prices seem to be on the higher side. You can get the JBL 60.4 for 8k or less if you try elsewhere. The rest of your post (including the install details) is very confusing. Try posting clearly, please?

To add to what Navin just mentioned, you're trying to include too many smilies. Maximum allowed per post is 2. Please go through the posting rules.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 11:56   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

amitwiz: I think you have an excellent installer who actually lent you all the stuff for a day's demo! nevertheless, he's charging you for that in prices.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 17:05   #13
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

ok, really sorry, was just that I was posting from my phone. So, ... Will I be needing a 2 channel or 4 channel amp ?

Id like the front speakers to be powered by the HU while the back speakers and subwoofers are powered by an amp.

Thanks,
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 17:33   #14
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Will I be needing a 2 channel or 4 channel amp ?

Id like the front speakers to be powered by the HU while the back speakers and subwoofers are powered by an amp.,
4 ch amp. BTW it might be more fun to let the amp power the front speakers and sub.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 17:51   #15
BHPian
 
amitwiz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

@ navin :

Ill try that as well... Ive always enjoyed more power at the rear. The test gto637 sounds fabulous without an amp at moderate volume. Should i stick with this set or look out for something else ?
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrade : Hyundai Accent Viva mobike008 In-Car Entertainment 29 1st April 2015 15:31
Cheap ICE for an Accent (7k or so). EDIT : ICE Review ADDED! Poitive In-Car Entertainment 23 7th September 2014 02:10
modifying hyundai accent like the wrc accent kausu Modifications & Accessories 11 26th March 2006 14:20
Accent CRDi or Accent Viva CRDi Looks abhibh The Indian Car Scene 4 8th November 2005 17:43
Accent CRDi or Accent Viva CRDi abhibh Sedans 16 8th November 2005 05:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks