Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 00:38   #166
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
ID10"V3 is flawless sub at it's price,you can't say this sub won't do this,won't do that!!!One can't ask for more.One more plus is their compatabilty with small enc.
Now i need some more SQL,bit of head turner bass when i want(Evil ME
)Sometimes i want it....
So what would u suggest now,Gunbir paa ji!!!!
I suggest you an iD12 v3 in a custom ported box. Will get very loud without losing much SQ.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 00:58   #167
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I am have my eyes on IDQ12".Would love to have it my setup.It's reviews are simply outstanding,people swear by it's performance,more over IDQ is a Hallmark series.So way to go-IDQ12"V2D2.Suggest an amp for it which gives out 400-500w and i intend to use a sealed box.Any idea about kenwood 9301d prices it gives out 500w@4ohms,another one i came to know is Panasonic cy-pa2003u 400w@4ohms.
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 00:53   #168
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Plz share some views on this:-
Is Amp better working on 4 Ohms load or 2ohms load?Some people say Amp working on 4 ohm load will deliver better THD ratings leading to better sound reproduction then 2 ohms load.
I know their are some great AMPs which can perform up to the load of .5 ohms,but here i am considering layman amplifiers!!!
I asked this as i am confused in regard to sub selection DVC, 2 ohms or 4 ohms!!

Cheers!
Happy Diwali!

Last edited by Gill : 9th November 2007 at 00:55.
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 09:44   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Is Amp better working on 4 Ohms load or 2ohms load?Some people say Amp working on 4 ohm load will deliver better THD ratings leading to better sound reproduction then 2 ohms load.
I know their are some great AMPs which can perform up to the load of .5 ohms,but here i am considering layman amplifiers!!!
I asked this as i am confused in regard to sub selection DVC, 2 ohms or 4 ohms!!
For low frequencies, THD is not of such great concern as damping factor. You'd be better off with a 4 ohm sub - better damping factor.
Also less chances of triggering protection circuits of the amp on loud passages, since these circuits are invariably current triggered.

And a very happy Diwali to you!

Last edited by anupmathur : 9th November 2007 at 09:52.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 16:31   #170
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Since last month, i am running my setup without a sub, what i got to know during this period is that why i need a sub,Hertz speakers are simply awesome, it's a honest confesion that i realised there true potenial since last month only, The midbass is accurate and sweet,played some Sawariya tracks, which have Dhol and tabla renditions, vocals as always silky smooth, highs' are crisp as they should be,there is no artifical flavour, one feels like surrounded by sound, the sound reproduction is great,i am totally awestuck,And now for sure i can tell which freq required the sub and gone missing cause of absence of sub! If one needs some more bass, push up the bass level and there you go,the rear veiw mirror is shaking.
Now i got some idea about"Integeration of Sub". Hand on learnings.
I am loving it!!
Cheers!
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 17:28   #171
BHPian
 
overdose14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brampton,Canada
Posts: 159
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Hi,

Since last month, i am running my setup without a sub, what i got to know during this period is that why i need a sub,Hertz speakers are simply awesome, it's a honest confesion that i realised there true potenial since last month only, The midbass is accurate and sweet,played some Sawariya tracks, which have Dhol and tabla renditions, vocals as always silky smooth, highs' are crisp as they should be,there is no artifical flavour, one feels like surrounded by sound, the sound reproduction is great,i am totally awestuck,And now for sure i can tell which freq required the sub and gone missing cause of absence of sub! If one needs some more bass, push up the bass level and there you go,the rear veiw mirror is shaking.
Now i got some idea about"Integeration of Sub". Hand on learnings.
I am loving it!!
Cheers!

same story here, few days back i was waiting in DICOR for dad to come back from a place during that time i pulled the signal wires out and turned off HPF and i was thinking why the hell i bought a sub, i could have bought an IPOD etc (all black money gone) you know.
many told me to get good speakers and don't go in for sub but now i'm regretting as now a days i tend to listen at low vol for which comps are more than sufficient.
overdose14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 17:48   #172
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Hi,

Since last month, i am running my setup without a sub, what i got to know during this period is that why i need a sub,Hertz speakers are simply awesome, it's a honest confesion that i realised there true potenial since last month only, The midbass is accurate and sweet,played some Sawariya tracks, which have Dhol and tabla renditions, vocals as always silky smooth, highs' are crisp as they should be,there is no artifical flavour, one feels like surrounded by sound, the sound reproduction is great,i am totally awestuck,And now for sure i can tell which freq required the sub and gone missing cause of absence of sub! If one needs some more bass, push up the bass level and there you go,the rear veiw mirror is shaking.
Now i got some idea about"Integeration of Sub". Hand on learnings.
I am loving it!!
Cheers!
gill saab,

no offence but how did you get an idea about the integration without the sub?

and pushing up bass levels is not a good thing. for a complete system, you definitely need a sub. a component cannot go down to 30-40hz.

no offence again gill but i really couldn't understand what you meant. could you please explain it again?

have you sent the sub for a replacement?

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 19:18   #173
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi Clip, How are you doing?Is your mobile no working i tried to contact you but wasn't able to get through,
Explainations are in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
gill saab,

no offence but how did you get an idea about the integration without the sub?
I have had heard the songs with sub and with out sub on the same setup,
now i have an idea where sub plug in's,where sub comes into play,see figure wise it's very easy to differntiate when we set the frequency on HU for HPF,LPF but when music is on then it gets bit hard.
So know i know where in lies the requirement for sub,And how sub should blend with front mid bass to enrich the over all low frequencies effect.I hope i am making my self clear enough.
and pushing up bass levels is not a good thing. for a complete system, you definitely need a sub. a component cannot go down to 30-40hz.
I agree that for complete system sub is must,I just wrote about the midbass clip i didn't even changed the HPF settings on the HU,By pushing the bass means icreasing the level of bass to step or two...,clip we can tweak with bass n treble settings for some songs, what's wrong it pushing the bass by the way.
no offence again gill but i really couldn't understand what you meant. could you please explain it again?
I tried,if still there is doubt i can explain more....

have you sent the sub for a replacement?
Not yet, have kept in room since last one month,lazy me.will send it by week end,Let's hope i get some free time by week end.

cheers
clip
And i see no reasons why i should consider your views as offensive,common rishab.........

Cheers!

Last edited by Gill : 12th November 2007 at 19:23.
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 19:33   #174
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Upgrade Phase-1 HU-Alpine 9887.

On sunday i got new HU for the system,Alpine 9887.Tried to click with my phone camera but clarity was good so using some other source pics!Got it from US for 380$ from a local retail store,which is known authorised dealer for alpine,didn't bought from ebay cause of warranty issues.



HU won't be changed yet, as intend to go for planned upgrade in a single go,HU is in,Sub will be changed soon,only pain left is AMP for the SUB!
Moreover has to plan with clip n Rajat about the upgrade execution.


Cheers!!!
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 21:17   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Heyyyyy! Congrats on the buy, Gill! You won't regret it, ever! And that is a great price! Any idea what the IMPRINT kit goes for?
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 23:00   #176
BHPian
 
nura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 585
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

On Crutchfield, the 9887 is $399.99 & the Imprint kit $249.99.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 08:28   #177
BHPian
 
ScarySkulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Halifax, N.S.
Posts: 623
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
no offence but how did you get an idea about the integration without the sub?
Same as I get in my car's system. After listening to songs for some time, you get an accurate idea on exactly where the system is lacking (based on your listening in someone else's car. E.g. Your car)

Thus, you now have a fairly good idea at what kind of bass you and at what level so that it blends in well with the rest of the system.
That's the whole point of integration. Isnt it?


@Gill --> Showoff
LOL joking. Congratulations for the 9887. Grandfather deserves a big Patiala for this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose14 View Post
i was thinking why the hell i bought a sub, i could have bought an IPOD etc (all black money gone) you know.
I will agree with that, dear friend Abhi.
An iPod would have been a better investment than a Desi Alpine amp driving a Pioneer sub in an uncalculated, run of the mill design enclosure.

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 13th November 2007 at 08:32.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 08:40   #178
BHPian
 
overdose14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Brampton,Canada
Posts: 159
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
I will agree with that, dear friend Abhi.
An iPod would have been a better investment than a Desi Alpine amp driving a Pioneer sub in an uncalculated, run of the mill design enclosure.

but bro you've listened to my system and i does sound pretty decent as compared to others. only because gains are set low and i've got good components.
anyway this time mistake was no that expensive and i'm happy with my setup cause now a day i don't push it too hard.


in the end its upto ones taste and how deep his/ her pocket.
i'm currently free so i'll have to live with this as dad is not ready to give me another penny.

Last edited by overdose14 : 13th November 2007 at 08:50.
overdose14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 10:05   #179
BHPian
 
ScarySkulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Halifax, N.S.
Posts: 623
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

I understand my friend.
We'll discuss on the upgrade when the time comes.
Take Care.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 10:31   #180
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Same as I get in my car's system. After listening to songs for some time, you get an accurate idea on exactly where the system is lacking (based on your listening in someone else's car. E.g. Your car)

Thus, you now have a fairly good idea at what kind of bass you and at what level so that it blends in well with the rest of the system.
That's the whole point of integration. Isnt it?
There you go SS,bang on!
What about AMP for sub,any idea?

Cheers!
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rally School with Gaurav Gill - Bangalore speedmiester Indian Motorsport 31 2nd November 2010 19:33
Gaurav Gill wins the International Rally of Queensland speedmiester Int'l Motorsport 2 2nd August 2010 19:16
Gaurav Gill Wins APRC Rally of Indonesia!!! Manoj Biswas Indian Motorsport 12 26th April 2010 11:54
Gaurav Gill's Web Site c10 Indian Motorsport 0 3rd April 2010 11:26
Gaurav Gill to drive for MRF in APRC jerish666 Indian Motorsport 10 2nd March 2007 01:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks