Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 20:39   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Reliable Alpine / Pioneer dealers in Bangalore?

Hi,

Are there any reliable dealers who deal with Alpine or Pioneer HU in Bangalore. I am a little concerned as I understand neither brands have authorized dealers in Bangalore(unless I'm wrong).


I also need to know the same info for Hertz or Infiniti or any other equivalent that gives Clear output & Bass(for Hip Hop)


Also, are there any 4-way speakers that also give good Bass.
I came across a certain D-CADE speakers(in another website) from pioneer that give very good bass output, any other equivalent brands.


If the D-CADEs are no match for a sub-woofer, do i have to really go for an amplifier if i buy a sub-woofer?


I need Clarity & Bass. My price range for my ICE is 20-25k.


I was more inclined towards a Sony or Blaupunkt ICE from an authorized dealer. But like SoundManiac's "Statutory Warning" thread goes.......I got more confused & am on the verge of conversion


Thanks in advance for all your help.
styx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 00:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Hi,

Are there any reliable dealers who deal with Alpine or Pioneer HU in Bangalore. I am a little concerned as I understand neither brands have authorized dealers in Bangalore(unless I'm wrong).


I also need to know the same info for Hertz or Infiniti or any other equivalent that gives Clear output & Bass(for Hip Hop)


Also, are there any 4-way speakers that also give good Bass.
I came across a certain D-CADE speakers(in another website) from pioneer that give very good bass output, any other equivalent brands.


If the D-CADEs are no match for a sub-woofer, do i have to really go for an amplifier if i buy a sub-woofer?


I need Clarity & Bass. My price range for my ICE is 20-25k.


I was more inclined towards a Sony or Blaupunkt ICE from an authorized dealer. But like SoundManiac's "Statutory Warning" thread goes.......I got more confused & am on the verge of conversion


Thanks in advance for all your help.
20-25k inclusive of HU ?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 00:58   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
blueraven316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,109
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Almost every leading retailer is authorised with most brands, though it is hard to find people selling Auth Pioneer. If you looking at Authorised pioneer it is distributed by a company now called CATS.
If you looking for clarity, then you should go in for an Amp, Any head from the 5950 onwards should sound good in a budget setup.
IMO with Bill and warranty Pioneer speakers are costly and you have much better choices in the market starting with JBL etc at the same price.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 14:31   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
20-25k inclusive of HU ?
Yes sir, inclusive of HU
styx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 14:43   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Almost every leading retailer is authorised with most brands, though it is hard to find people selling Auth Pioneer. If you looking at Authorised pioneer it is distributed by a company now called CATS.
If you looking for clarity, then you should go in for an Amp, Any head from the 5950 onwards should sound good in a budget setup.
IMO with Bill and warranty Pioneer speakers are costly and you have much better choices in the market starting with JBL etc at the same price.

Thanks blueraven316. But, could you please give me any addresses of any of these shops in Bangalore that u or others might have shopped before & felt reliable(If not pioneer then some other brand). Cos the last time i purchased a pioneer system a couple of years ago, i got duplicate speakers . I completely agree with you that there's no point blowing too much for bill & warranty from authorized shops. But i need to shop at some place that i can trust, so that i wont be taken for a ride
styx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 15:47   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Kumar Brothers - Auto Shop at koramangala-9845254766
Sprocket - 080 41501963 (Kalyan Mantapa road, Koramangala)

These are two of the many recommended places based on experience. If I have to add something, please stay away from gullie dealers/installers near JC/SP road. The chances of landing up with fakes is more with them.

You can have a look at this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...bangalore.html

What car is it?

For 20-25k, boom and clarity for hip-hop, you may consider a decent HU (Pio) at 7k, a pair of components (JBL GTO 507/607) for 5-6k, a 4-channel amplifier (60.4) for about 7k and a bass tube (JBL CS1204T) for 6-6.5k. Wiring and installation should take another 3-3.5k, but discounts would cover up for a little excess. Oops! Co-axials for rear may take 2-3k (which is optional if you're on a budget and want boom and clarity).

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 8th September 2007 at 15:54.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 12:21   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Kumar Brothers - Auto Shop at koramangala-9845254766
Sprocket - 080 41501963 (Kalyan Mantapa road, Koramangala)

These are two of the many recommended places based on experience. If I have to add something, please stay away from gullie dealers/installers near JC/SP road. The chances of landing up with fakes is more with them.

You can have a look at this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...bangalore.html

What car is it?

For 20-25k, boom and clarity for hip-hop, you may consider a decent HU (Pio) at 7k, a pair of components (JBL GTO 507/607) for 5-6k, a 4-channel amplifier (60.4) for about 7k and a bass tube (JBL CS1204T) for 6-6.5k. Wiring and installation should take another 3-3.5k, but discounts would cover up for a little excess. Oops! Co-axials for rear may take 2-3k (which is optional if you're on a budget and want boom and clarity).

Thanks rocksterraghu. Its for Verna. I dont intend to go for door speakers. Everything goes to the back tray
styx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 20:26   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Its for Verna. I dont intend to go for door speakers. Everything goes to the back tray
Hi Styx. If you drive around the car, it sounds much better with components in the front. IMO, you wouldn't enjoy your music that much when it all comes from the back. In fact, it is widely suggested that the front stage is more important.

However - it is your car, your money, your music and your ICE. Just my suggestion.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 18:04   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
However - it is your car, your money, your music and your ICE. Just my suggestion.
Hey I am open to all suggestions. Just that I am not used to having components. I think it "might" be uncomfortable for me. Moreover, by the way my family n frns close the doors(they dont close it gently), i am scared about the fate of the components.

Anyways, i might as well go for components when i buy the ICE
(which is about a month from now)
styx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 09:33   #10
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,500
Thanked: 3,878 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Moreover, by the way my family n frns close the doors(they dont close it gently
1. for the sake of the door and other car parts teach them not to slam. at the risk of being rude or being called names.

2. If you listen to Styx and that sort of music front components would be really enjoyable. You would alos want your speakers to be a bit more laid back.

For 30K (a bit over your budget). A Sample system.
HU: Pioneer 4950 or 5950 (6-7K)
Amp: Pio 6200/6300 or Blau GT4 Special (7K)
Front Speakers: Infinty/Illusion/Hertz Hi-Energy (10K)
Rear Speakers: 6x9 of the same brand as above (6K)
2 pairs of RCA wire etc. can be negotiated for free at time of install if you buy your components from the installer.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 19:23   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
kuttapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

@styx - I can give you contact of a guy in Bangalore who can give you Pioneer 7950 + JBL CS2165 Front + JBL GTO 937 Rear at around 16k. I heard and saw the config and I could not find any difference from mine.

I paid 25k at the dealer for similar config(my front speakers are also GTO - some 607 or something).

I cannot vouch for this person, but can give you the contact number if you want to try him out. PM me if interested.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 19:54   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,452 Times
Default

lol a pioneer D-Cade?

I know a company once that had a very famous Decade speaker. What was the name of that company again?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 09:34   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,500
Thanked: 3,878 Times
Default

There were 2 Decade speakers.

The L26 10" 2 way from Lansing (later JBL)
http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...l26/page01.jpg

and the L36 10" 3 way from JBL
JBL L 36 Decade

Sam, I am senile, not dead.

They were inexpensive alternative to the L100 (Century). Troels offers one of the best upgrades to the L26 vintage classic.

JBL L26 restoration and upgrade

for those who want to learn more about this series of speaker
1970-1999 HOME SPEAKER LIST
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2007, 17:55   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. for the sake of the door and other car parts teach them not to slam. at the risk of being rude or being called names.

2. If you listen to Styx and that sort of music front components would be really enjoyable. You would alos want your speakers to be a bit more laid back.

For 30K (a bit over your budget). A Sample system.
HU: Pioneer 4950 or 5950 (6-7K)
Amp: Pio 6200/6300 or Blau GT4 Special (7K)
Front Speakers: Infinty/Illusion/Hertz Hi-Energy (10K)
Rear Speakers: 6x9 of the same brand as above (6K)
2 pairs of RCA wire etc. can be negotiated for free at time of install if you buy your components from the installer.

Hi Navin, Sorry about the delayed response - Will this set up give me bass as well or should i need a sub-woofer for that. I am looking for soft bass - sufficient if it is clear & confined to the inside of the car - no boom boom boom stuff(outside the car) for me.
styx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 19:09   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 109
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Alpine authorised dealers chennai or Bangalore

can someone please provide me the address of authorised dealers & service centres for Alpine in Bangalore / Chennai. I blew up one 6.5 " coax bought from US hence need to know if i can repair it.
ravigop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reliable second hand car dealers - Delhi NCR gaurav.28ch Indian Car Dealerships 19 13th September 2017 11:15
Alpine authorised dealers atulpatil In-Car Entertainment 8 13th December 2016 11:17
Bought an Alpine m500 and Type R sub, need advice on an all Alpine SQL setup. Astleviz In-Car Entertainment 1 23rd October 2010 23:46
Reliable Used Car Dealers in Bangalore superamerica Indian Car Dealerships 3 2nd July 2009 14:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks