Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 8th March 2008, 09:50   #136
Senior - BHPian

This is hilarious! What man @greenhorn, you should be able to see the intention:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
The 6" coax was mounted in front. along with the tweeter from the compo.
2 tweeter pairs effectively in front - better klaritee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the compo's woofer was mounted behind, ON the existing 6x9's
More bass from behind (How in heavens did the installer manage to do that???)
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 10:44   #137
BHPian

@ headers : Which installer where you talking about ? (not Technokrat pls ! )

BTW, what is an amp kit ?? mentioned earlier, Audison amp kit, Rs. 3300 ??
amitwiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 11:24   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
Like this one: Connection - Audison
Old 8th March 2008, 11:28   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Amp kit: Audison = Rs.3300/- so cheap is it OG?
Uh, Amp Kit means amplifier wiring kit I assume. Not the kind of kit that helps you assemble an amp in 20 easy steps.

Whats so cheap about Rs. 3300/- brother? Thats nearly the MRP. Very reasonable for a high quality 8ga power kit but not cheap. Plus, I think it is wasted with an amp like the GT4 special unless upgrading the amp at a later stage is on the cards.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 11:42   #140
Senior - BHPian

Unless the price has increased substantially in the last 2 years, it should be something like mentioned in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...roducts-2.html

Bosch also has a decent wiring kit (cheaper), if the Audison is an overkill. The authorized dealers use it in their installs.
Old 9th March 2008, 10:40   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
@ headers : Which installer where you talking about ? (not Technokrat pls ! )

There are Sound Works, Radio Warehouse, Charles, to name a few installers apart from Deepak Asrani [Serious Sound] and Bala of Technokrat.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 11:10   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Uh, Amp Kit means amplifier wiring kit I assume. Not the kind of kit that helps you assemble an amp in 20 easy steps.

Whats so cheap about Rs. 3300/- brother? Thats nearly the MRP. Very reasonable for a high quality 8ga power kit but not cheap. Plus, I think it is wasted with an amp like the GT4 special unless upgrading the amp at a later stage is on the cards.
hehehe i totally agree B&T bhai,but i was quoted thrice when i wanted to do up my car..by the way i broke the faceplate of my boom box..hehehehe today i am going to make a new one with 3/4" MDF earlier it was 5/8"MDF
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 12:51   #143
Senior - BHPian

Default Not game for audition?

I was at Sound FX (or FX Audio/Vicky Motors) in Andheri for the installation of gear lock. It turned out that this was the same shop that I had visited some weeks back to audition component speakers. The guy (Hitesh or Ritesh) was very sweet that time and made me listen to Kicker and DLS compos and JBL 937 coaxs. He was trying to hard sell DLS and Kickers back then but I didnt take the bait as I yet had to audition other brands.

Now cut to Saturday. I arrived at his shop and while the installation was in progress, I happened to see JBL 607s and a few other brand of compos on his demo board. Naturally, I asked him for an audition. It seems that the guy was pissed that I didnt buy earlier when I had auditioned Kicker/DLS. Hence, this time he plainly refused for JBL audition. On asking the reason, he said that "JBL speakers are not good for components, hence I dont want to play them. In fact, we dont stock JBLs" (lier, as he had at least 5 boxes each of 937, 507, 607 and amps stocked). Again, he was trying to hard sell Kicker and DLS speakers.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 23:25   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
80 and 180 was what I was quoted exactly as well for wiring. I believe both are Connection Audison wiring, just different guages.
80 bucks is probably for the "Basic" series wiring. 180 is for the "First" or "Flash" series wiring.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 00:35   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I was at Sound FX (or FX Audio/Vicky Motors) in Andheri for the installation of gear lock. It turned out that this was the same shop that I had visited some weeks back to audition component speakers. The guy (Hitesh or Ritesh) was very sweet that time and made me listen to Kicker and DLS compos and JBL 937 coaxs. He was trying to hard sell DLS and Kickers back then but I didnt take the bait as I yet had to audition other brands.

Now cut to Saturday. I arrived at his shop and while the installation was in progress, I happened to see JBL 607s and a few other brand of compos on his demo board. Naturally, I asked him for an audition. It seems that the guy was pissed that I didnt buy earlier when I had auditioned Kicker/DLS. Hence, this time he plainly refused for JBL audition. On asking the reason, he said that "JBL speakers are not good for components, hence I dont want to play them. In fact, we dont stock JBLs" (lier, as he had at least 5 boxes each of 937, 507, 607 and amps stocked). Again, he was trying to hard sell Kicker and DLS speakers.
Man..!! ask them about SPL or SQL,or how much ohms the speakers are.."their reply..there is no such things that you mentioned its only watts,like the pioneer speakers are 460watts and kicker subwoofers 1000watts and sony amps 500watts and all that he starts...." Lolz
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 09:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Man..!! ask them about SPL or SQL,or how much ohms the speakers are.."their reply..there is no such things that you mentioned its only watts,like the pioneer speakers are 460watts and kicker subwoofers 1000watts and sony amps 500watts and all that he starts...." Lolz
I am not sure but is this the one which is above a petrol bunk in Andheri ??
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 10:31   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
I am not sure but is this the one which is above a petrol bunk in Andheri ??
Yes, its called Gurunank Petrol Pump and its on Andheri-Kurla Road (just outside Cinemax). The shop is a shady 1st floor location. His other swanky shop is approx 1 km down the road in a place called JB Nagar (Andheri E)
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 12:49   #148
BHPian

Please help with install in chennai and suggest a good setup.
manjith_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 18:41   #149
BHPian

Default Safari ICE

I want to change the ICE in my safari and a local installer in Mysore by name Prasad gave me this suggestion. Please let me know if this is all right.

S 65 Boston Coaxials for rear ---- Rs.3400
s60 Boston COmponents front --- Rs.5200
Sound stream 4 ch Amp ----Rs.9500
Polk sub woofer ---- Rs.4800
Tube for subwoofer ----- Rs.3500
(fibre glass)
Cable Kit ------ Rs.2,200

Installation ------ Rs.2,000

Please let me know if all these prices and the combination of products are right.
Ramkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 19:22   #150
BHPian

Dude wrong thread for this query..
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote