Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 18th September 2007, 10:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
If any amp can do that, agreed its a better amp that what existed before

I'm no fan of cold, clinical sounding systems either. Infact I hate them and prefer a system which has emotion and sparkle. Sorry if you got my post wrongly... all I was basing my assumption was this statement which probably sk456 didnt frame properly or maybe meant something else.

In my little journey of audio systems, of the little I've learnt about audio, this statement felt completely out of place as to what an amp should be doing. Thats the only reason I got a little bothered. Please don't take offence on that. Anyway I'd be in delhi next month and would be delighted if I could get an audition of the system .
I think my answer to my questions has been given. And Chaos I would be delighted and looking forward for your visit to delhi.
low_bass_makker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 10:28   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Total comes to 755.00+978.00+159.00+1090.00+1090.00 =4072$

Thats some serious set you got there!!!!!
add damping, wires, install etc.. then add duties, taxes, etc.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 12:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Gunbir you really do produce some beautiful photo essays. These essays (I have lost count but they should be more than 10) deserve their own website. Why not blog it?

Gunbir how about it? Really, gunman.com or something on those lines.

btw, when is the next the set of the pics the coming
rev_hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 13:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With ref to SK's install, I'd like to see how you reinforced the tweeter install. The only pic I remember showed the tweeter installer on a rather flimsy plastic panel.
Sir, the tweeters come with an aluminum washer ring that secures to the rear of the tweeter with allen bolts. If you look carefully the ring secures the tweeter from the rear.

gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 13:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
The most practical answer we can expect the more the good the amp less the coloration it will make to the sound and give better response. But what SK is expecting I don't know may be he is taught in that way. Incomplete knowledge is always bad.
LBM i am sure I am not a master at audio..
but one thing i can say that I know what high end equipemnt should sound like..
ive been hearing very high end equipment for over 30 years at professional as well as home set ups. both in India as well as abroad..... I confess althouhg im very new at car audio..but im sure ill know what colored output would be...
With home audio ive heard almost all good high end brands from McIntosh ,Krell to Mark Levinson to Quad... So I think I should know what Im gettign for the buck..
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 13:41   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Sir...
Sir? Navin will do nicely.

that is exactly wht I had in mind. the jpg above showed no erinforcement of the plastic panel on which the tweeter is mounted. I thought that you may have stiffened it with FRP.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:53   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
LBM i am sure I am not a master at audio....
comeone guys, dont get your knickers in a twist, else the knicker man will come ans steal them! :-)

SK is happy with the sound of TRU-Rainbow, LBM prefers Steg-DLS. Geesus I wish we all had such problems. You both have very good equipment. There are no absolutes in audio so why all this.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
that is exactly wht I had in mind. the jpg above showed no erinforcement of the plastic panel on which the tweeter is mounted. I thought that you may have stiffened it with FRP.
Navinji, these panels are quite stiff. No reinforcement needed really.

Quote:
SK is happy with the sound of TRU-Rainbow, LBM prefers Steg-DLS. Geesus I wish we all had such problems. You both have very good equipment. There are no absolutes in audio so why all this.
Well I must have missed the part where every such thread turns into an LBM' setup Vs the Rest of the world's...

Last edited by gunbir : 18th September 2007 at 13:56.
Old 18th September 2007, 14:48   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Well I must have missed the part where every such thread turns into an LBM' setup Vs the Rest of the world's...
Chill gunbir. All I said was LBM and SK are both happy with their choice in equipment. In either case the components chosen are good so why all this fuss. Cant we just accept each other?
Old 18th September 2007, 15:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chill gunbir. All I said was LBM and SK are both happy with their choice in equipment. In either case the components chosen are good so why all this fuss. Cant we just accept each other?
All chilled here... There is no question of acceptance or lack thereof. Here is a thread where the user (well, me on his behalf) is posting his install in progress and someone barges in and starts criticizing his taste or his equipment. Then for some reason comparisons abound... and I am being asked not to compare? Why in my right mind would I compare the two, when they are poles apart in all possible aspects, the only commonality being that there was considerable money spent.
Old 18th September 2007, 16:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
LBM i am sure I am not a master at audio..
but one thing i can say that I know what high end equipemnt should sound like..
ive been hearing very high end equipment for over 30 years at professional as well as home set ups. both in India as well as abroad..... I confess althouhg im very new at car audio..but im sure ill know what colored output would be...
With home audio ive heard almost all good high end brands from McIntosh ,Krell to Mark Levinson to Quad... So I think I should know what Im gettign for the buck..
Sir I respect your dedication on the Audio front. I never said that your are wrong in anyway. Even I am no master in audio, but try to learn quite a good things here. Will be looking forward to audition your setup and want to show what my crappy setup which consists of some good or ok equipment I have so that you can understand my point of view. Also in this all thread I have written any thing negative about your install in any way, even if you thing I have done I apologize for the same.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 18th September 2007 at 16:44.
Old 18th September 2007, 16:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
comeone guys, dont get your knickers in a twist, else the knicker man will come ans steal them! :-)

Navin Ji I never said that tru-rainbow is a bad combo and in this world only Steg and DLS is the best combo.
Old 18th September 2007, 17:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
So when are we meeting then ?
OT.

hi lbm,

im here tonight, leaving tomorrow. im in gurgaon(palam vihar) how far is fbd? i dont have my car otherwise i would have met you definitely. if you are around here give me a call. ill pm my delhi number if you want.

cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 18:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Cool Interiors...

Custom interiors for SK by Patel Auto...

Final Pics

Enjoy
Old 18th September 2007, 18:22   #60
Team-BHP Support

Hi Gunbir, nice pics. Just one question on the installation of three way in a Santro. Have you mounted the mid-range on the stock 4" location? If yes then wouldn't it be firing in a direction perpendicular to the direction of the mid-bass and the tweeter? How have you managed to set the sound stage with this?
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote