Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th September 2007, 15:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
how about getting good rear speaker instead of spending on these??
I can barely hear them baba and as rear fills I have no complains seriously! Even with a punctured surround I can barely hear them.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 15:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Actually Anand's suggestion for the I-pod is a much better option. You can rip CD's using lossless format (ask Navin how) and then copy them to the I-pod. You get better VFM that way since Alpine changers are quite expensive.
Rockbox will allow your music played on the ipod to stream via the HU but you willl NOT see the tags on the HU's screen. If you want full ipod control and what to see ID3 tgs you need to have a format that the Alpine system (HU + ipod KCA 420/422 adapter) understands. I use a lossy format for my car to retain this compatibility.

The changer that is most compatible with the 9830 is athe CHA S634. It stores 6 CDs and is MP3 compatible. You can even have both a changer and a ipod adapter (my wife has both in her car with the 9833). We dont use MX but my wife prefers to set the ipod EQ to "Dance". MP3 are ripped from my CDs using LAME APE with some custom tweaks.

Last edited by navin : 20th September 2007 at 15:43.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 15:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
how about getting good rear speaker instead of spending on these??
You are totally hilarious and I mean it in a very nice way. Keep posting.

Oye Moral...kayko faaltu kharcha kar raha hai? Amey is absolutely right. Why do you need a CD changer? Save the money for better upgrades...rear speakers for example
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 15:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
You are totally hilarious and I mean it in a very nice way. Keep posting.
thanks dude,but is there something funny in my post(the one you've refered)??because i didnt mean to make fun.
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 01:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
thanks dude,but is there something funny in my post(the one you've refered)??because i didnt mean to make fun.
I'm not saying you're making fun of good old MF. I just like the matter-of-fact way you say things; that's hilarious. Most of the times, you're humorous without even intending to and that makes it all the more fun to read. I was reading your posts about your Goa trip and this post was made after LMAO at your take on MF's antics.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 09:19   #21
BHPian

MF, you can rip with FLAC frontend.
After doing so, you get lossless rip of the Audio CD.
Later on you can encode it to WAV and burn to a CD as an Audio CD.IF you are interested, call me, i will explain

Dont go and buy that Changer or Ipod please, if you have xtra cash on you, please donate me, i need some for a good Amp, you know that
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 09:43   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
MF, you can rip with FLAC frontend.
MF try Wavpack instead of FLAC. Wavpack has better options when it comes to players. With FLAC you will limited to players like FOOBAR. Can FOOPOD can help with FLAC on a ipod?
Old 21st September 2007, 10:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Dont go and buy that Changer or Ipod please, if you have xtra cash on you, please donate me, i need some for a good Amp, you know that

OT:

MF,... for me too I too am one of those who took you away from buying an Alpine CD changer.

I need to buy an amp and sub too. Oh!! this ICE section.
gbpscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 10:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

MF - I put up a good argument against the changer buy so help me too, I need to buy a whole, bloody NEW car!!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 11:07   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
OT:

MF,... for me too I too am one of those who took you away from buying an Alpine CD changer.

I need to buy an amp and sub too. Oh!! this ICE section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
MF - I put up a good argument against the changer buy so help me too, I need to buy a whole, bloody NEW car!!
Good so now I have 2 VTEC's, one Skoda 1.9 TDi and one Brand NEW Swift Diesel. Yay. You guys can collect your cheque's for Rs. 101/- each.
Old 21st September 2007, 11:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Good so now I have 2 VTEC's, one Skoda 1.9 TDi and one Brand NEW Swift Diesel. Yay. You guys can collect your cheque's for Rs. 101/- each.
OK and you can collect the VTEC whenever you want. In your dreams Buster!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 12:33   #27
BHPian

Not trying to restart the discussion, but if you have a lot of CDs lying around, a CD changer makes good sense. Buying an iPod and filling lossless stuff ripped from the CD's you already have doesnt have great advantages -- bulk is reduced, yes, and an iPod can be taken off-ICE for other uses. If you have an iPod, put that into good use, but if you have to buy one to get this going, a changer is not that bad an idea.

And if you are going the iPod way only the 420i will work (with 9830) as LBM mentioned. 420i isnt the sleek cable that 422i is, but a bit of a device. Yeah, it will be hidden, so it wont be in your face.

OT: Please drag and drop those ugly rear fills, the only sound they make - even when faded out - is rattle of the tray.
determinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 13:05   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Not trying to restart the discussion, but if you have a lot of CDs lying around, a CD changer makes good sense. Buying an iPod and filling lossless stuff ripped from the CD's you already have doesnt have great advantages -- bulk is reduced, yes, and an iPod can be taken off-ICE for other uses. If you have an iPod, put that into good use, but if you have to buy one to get this going, a changer is not that bad an idea.
You know I am waiting for a nice deal like the Alpine 9830 to come my way. Whichever comes my way first .

Quote:
OT: Please drag and drop those ugly rear fills, the only sound they make - even when faded out - is rattle of the tray.
Already started the process. Now I have a punctured surround. Next will be a pierced cone
Old 21st September 2007, 13:22   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
..an iPod can be taken off-ICE for other uses. If you have an iPod, put that into good use, but if you have to buy one to get this going, a changer is not that bad an idea.

And if you are going the iPod way only the 420i will work (with 9830) as LBM mentioned. 420i isnt the sleek cable that 422i is, but a bit of a device..
My mom, wife and me all use ipods with our car systems. It is really the simplest way to carry music and not forget "that song you wanted to listen to" at home.

so if i use my mom's car I just take my ipod and connect it to her HU and voila. No need to reach into the trunk to stuff a cartridge in the changer etc.

The 420i is a bit bulkier than the 422 but it is not that bad. My car (9835) and my wife's car (9833) both use 420s. The newer Alpines do have fastr search on the ipod but then MF would have to change is HU. He has a 9830 so the 420 is the best option.
Old 21st September 2007, 13:24   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The 420i is a bit bulkier than the 422 but it is not that bad. My car (9835) and my wife's car (9833) both use 420s. The newer Alpines do have fastr search on the ipod but then MF would have to change is HU. He has a 9830 so the 420 is the best option.
OT: Navin I thought you had a 9830 and 9833? When did the 9835 come your way? You have the 9830 for sale?