Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 22nd October 2007, 10:23   #106
Senior - BHPian

Sam, are we going to see replacements for all 3 CS amplifiers - 60.2, 60.4 and 300.1?

Could you tell us more about GT5 components?

Thanks!
rocksterraghu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:11   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Sam, are we going to see replacements for all 3 CS amplifiers - 60.2, 60.4 and 300.1?

Could you tell us more about GT5 components?
Yes.

What's to tell - 5.25" and 6.5" components - nice build quality, external crossover and good price
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:14   #108
Team-BHP Support

Sam, is this sub - JBL GTO 1260 BR from the GT-5 series? A bhpian in Pune got one for his. Couldn't hear it for extended times but looks are excellent.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:31   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
What's to tell
I asked that because the CS series components that I heard were pretty bad in terms of SQ. I hope there is significant improvement.

*Keeping fingers crossed, since I don't want to spend much on my 800 ICE*

Will wait and listen then.
rocksterraghu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:51   #110
BHPian

Default this is for SAM ...

hi SAM...i got my swift recently loaded with an alpine CDE 9870 head unit n alpine SPE series oval speakers for the back and same set of round speakers for my front..

It cost me around 15k for this setup..would i have gotten a better bargain for the amount or whai i have got is gud enuf???

in the long run i would like to get myself a subwoofer with a nice amp...Till now i was thinking f getting myself a JBL basstube ...But reading this thread as confused me a little bit...i mean is the basstube(1000 watts) better or the GT5-12 subwoofer..i would like your advice sam on it ..Also price is a factor in selecting for me....

Also what kind of Amplifier should i got for a 2way or a 4 way...i dont know the technicalities regardin the amplifier setup ...please explain in short to me that also...plzzzz..also could u quote the mid range priced amplifiers ....

rijo_tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 08:02   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Sam, is this sub - JBL GTO 1260 BR from the GT-5 series? A bhpian in Pune got one for his. Couldn't hear it for extended times but looks are excellent.
No baba, as the name suggests, that is from the GTO series. However, that is a limited edition 60th anniversary product. Good choice and excellent resale.
Old 24th October 2007, 08:07   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijo_tj View Post
hi SAM...i got my swift recently loaded with an alpine CDE 9870 head unit n alpine SPE series oval speakers for the back and same set of round speakers for my front..

It cost me around 15k for this setup..would i have gotten a better bargain for the amount or whai i have got is gud enuf???
Hi rijo,

You have purchased good equipment with your hard earned money. Alpine make good ICE products, relax your mind and enjoy it. 15K is a good price for all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijo_tj View Post
in the long run i would like to get myself a subwoofer with a nice amp...Till now i was thinking f getting myself a JBL basstube ...But reading this thread as confused me a little bit...i mean is the basstube(1000 watts) better or the GT5-12 subwoofer..i would like your advice sam on it ..Also price is a factor in selecting for me....

Also what kind of Amplifier should i got for a 2way or a 4 way...i dont know the technicalities regardin the amplifier setup ...please explain in short to me that also...plzzzz..also could u quote the mid range priced amplifiers ....

The price of the tube makes it a good purchase. While the tube is not tight and precise, it is loud, bassy and fun. A GT5-12 woofer driver in a sealed box would be more accurate, but will need more power to drive it.

You should get yourself a 4 channel amplifier. So you can drive a pair of speakers and the subwoofer with that amp.
Old 24th October 2007, 09:21   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
a limited edition 60th anniversary product. Good choice and excellent resale.
and there are exactly 2 months left in the anniversary.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 22:53   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Hi rijo,

You should get yourself a 4 channel amplifier. So you can drive a pair of speakers and the subwoofer with that amp.

hey thanks Sam for responding to me.....but could u quote d prices of sum of the gud but reasonably priced amplifiers....it wuold be of gr8 help if u could help me out with the basics of an amplfier setup..i am asking u this since i dont want to feel let down when i put myself completely under the installer's mercy...

rijo_tj is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 24th October 2007, 23:41   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

hi rijo

First, some advice - please stop writing in SMS style. It is completely against Team-BHP rules.

Secondly you will find many amplifier options if you ask around. If you are referring to GT5 amplifiers (as this is the GT5 thread) I can inform you that they are not yet released.

Cheers.
Old 25th October 2007, 11:33   #116
BHPian

^ I love this forum for the fact that SMS talk is banned here!

(Now if only the parliament came out with an Act also.....)

@rijo: Look around the ICE section, and use the Search function. But a word of advice: Don't get into this obsession. As the Sticky says, you will end up becoming more confused than you started out with. (Not to mention you'll end up spending more money than you started out with also!)
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 06:45   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
if one were to look for a Sub that has nice BASS. Not the ones that just THUMP but one in which you can actually feel the BASS hitting you, what would be better? The Bass Tube or the GT5 Sub?
And what are the prices of these?
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 10:28   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

And so, now (finally) the range of GT5 is released. I expect it should hit the shelves on Monday.

The range includes a 6X9, 6", 5.25" and 4" coaxial. There is a 5.25" and 6" component set with external crossover units and a single 12" subwoofer. So a pretty lean mix that covers everything.

GT5 amplifier will be released in the days to come. They have not yet been released.
Old 3rd November 2007, 13:24   #119
BHPian

^ Once Monday comes around, can we have prices pretty please?
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 13:33   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

You can have the prices now. It is official and handed over to press and the distributors. What would you like to know?

The components?

The GT5-500C (5.25") and GT5-650C(6.5") are 2 way components with external crossover modules. Priced at 4495 and 4995 per set. FINALLY making a proper component set more achievable to first time ICErs.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd November 2007 at 13:39.