Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 3rd October 2007, 20:27   #16
BHPian

Raghu, Throw some light on before and after on this upgrade libit more...
nad Most imp of all Cost, Part wise will be appreciated!!!
Congrats for Upgrade,raghu...
Cheers!!
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot everyone! I really appreciate your compliments on the setup!

I am overwhelmed by the difference and I just can't get enough of listening to it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Good job with wiring Rockster. What is that small little thing between 6x9's in pic# 9?
Thanks moral, that is a rear-view camera. My dad sometimes takes the car out and he needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Nice setup !! What HU are you using ?

How much for all this setup ?
Thanks vkochar! My HU is Alpine 9856, which blueraven ummm.... didn't like. He thinks it is too bright. Something is weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Looking good, Raghu! The boot looks real good now! Its a good thing you changed the wires. The improvement in sound will be subtle, but it will very much be there! I'm sure your sub must be sounding better now, with clean power going into the amp.

How about an LED tube/Neon tube in the boot to show off the stuff?
Thanks Hydra, thanks a ton. I still owe you a treat. When are you coming to KK? I'll PM you my number, do please call me when you're here!

The sub sounds much, much better, believe me. I was actually thinking about replacing it with a GT4-12, when raven suggested that it would not make 'that' much of a difference. I'll probably wait and get a 601.1 with 2 GT4-12s.

In fact, we thought about the Neon, but it was pretty late by the time we finished everything, so we couldn't get one at that time.

Quote:
Is that a reversing-strobe on the MDF plank?
No, just a rear-view camera.

Quote:
Great job, Blueraven! You're the man to see in Bangy now, huh?
According to me, YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Good one you Rocksterrr(?)aghu .. Dint you whack any CD's from Satya ?
He does have a great collection, I liked the ones he uses to tune the system! I personally like trance to a great extent, so I do have a decent collection Thanks a lot Riju, blueraven and I were talking about your setup as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
hey nice one.. Mr.Blueraven do give us a buzz when such events of historical importance happen in Bangy.. looking at all this.. I guess mine would have been the cheapest setup Mr. Blue would have done.. and you are right when you say Blueraven takes a personal interest..
Thanks Nimz! raven spoke about the 4" rocking components that you have! We were discussing quite a bit about your setup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice clean install. I have the same equipment in my car too Are those amps monoblocs? Which HU your using? It would be great to list down the equipment used and its pricing!!!
Thanks mobike, I have a monoblock CS300.1 and unfortunately, I settled for CS60.4 instead of buying the 75.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hey nice one Raghu, had spoken with Raven regarding your setup. Happy ending
Thanks a lot Soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Good stuff Rock and Raven!
Thanks a lot Sam bhai!
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Raghu, Throw some light on before and after on this upgrade libit more...
nad Most imp of all Cost, Part wise will be appreciated!!!
Congrats for Upgrade,raghu...
Cheers!!
Before upgrade - the tuning, power cables and the RCAs weren't great - so the system would not only under perform, but also distort at moderate volumes. All that has been solved now, I can blast it out and it sounds crystal clear

It is simply amazing, the wiring and install made a world of difference - very honestly.

Pricing, hmmm.... I'm surprised Raven hasn't posted yet. I paid a total of 10,500/- after discounts, raven has the individual pricing list.
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I'll probably wait and get a 601.1 with 2 GT4-12s.
Whoah, thats some serious bass dude. Check out Amitsounds accent with 2 15" gt4

Quote:
I personally like trance to a great extent
PM me your postal address
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Whats with the 200A engine compartment fuse?
Oh, I think that is some refraction or something, it is 20A AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Whoah, thats some serious bass dude. Check out Amitsounds accent with 2 15" gt4

PM me your postal address
I'll check that out, thanks for the info! Wait till I finish dinner and come back, will PM you the same!
Old 3rd October 2007, 22:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was actually thinking about replacing it with a GT4-12, when raven suggested that it would not make 'that' much of a difference. I'll probably wait and get a 601.1 with 2 GT4-12s.
Raven is right, that would have been silly. Especially considering that the woofer in your CS1204B is a GT4-12. So why would you change it to a GT4-12 beats me.

In any case, when and if you decide to get a 601.1 with 2 woofers, it will have to be the GT5-12 now
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

I was supposed to be dropping by when your setup was being done.My ICE also needs to be re-wired.

Missed meeting you, was kinda lazy to get off my rear and head to that part of town.Well there's always a 2nd chance, until then keep enjoying the music .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Raven is right, that would have been silly. Especially considering that the woofer in your CS1204B is a GT4-12. So why would you change it to a GT4-12 beats me.
Oh! Pardon my ignorance, the lord of Yetis, I never knew this! I thought there was a CS series sub in it! I am literally dancing in joy now! In fact, I remember when raven tuned the system, he said he was impressed with the sub.

I'm holding the upgrade for a while now, I'll see when I can have enough funds to upgrade the 60.4 as well. But whatever, only JBL will replace JBL Thanks Sam bhai!

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 3rd October 2007 at 23:08.
Old 4th October 2007, 00:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sub sounds much, much better, believe me. I was actually thinking about replacing it with a GT4-12, when raven suggested that it would not make 'that' much of a difference. I'll probably wait and get a 601.1 with 2 GT4-12s.
Hmmm.. Firstly congrats on the refinish off the install nice work done by raven and party.

So another low_bass_makker is coming to the house.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 00:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, I think that is some refraction or something, it is 20A AFAIK.
No baba, it's a 200A fuse (Its ANL too, they dont make that in 20A). Also, you would have blown the fuse if it were 20A amidst all this glee. Not that its a big deal, but a lower rated fuse would be appropriate. Something close to the sum of the ratings of all fuses on both amps put together.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 09:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

The fuse indeed is a 200 Amp ANL Fuse, actually around 100 Amps would have been ideal for this setup, but could not find any Fuses below 200 Amps that day.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 10:48   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to be safe, maybe you should change it to 100A later? But we're just being picky of course. Nice job Satya.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 10:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmmm.. Firstly congrats on the refinish off the install nice work done by raven and party.
Thanks paaji!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
No baba, it's a 200A fuse (Its ANL too, they dont make that in 20A). Also, you would have blown the fuse if it were 20A amidst all this glee. Not that its a big deal, but a lower rated fuse would be appropriate. Something close to the sum of the ratings of all fuses on both amps put together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
The fuse indeed is a 200 Amp ANL Fuse, actually around 100 Amps would have been ideal for this setup, but could not find any Fuses below 200 Amps that day.
Oh, alright. My mistake, didn't notice it up-close. Raven, does this mean that I need to change it sometime soon? Because if it is too much, then the purpose of having it would be defeated, right?
Old 4th October 2007, 11:13   #29
BHPian

awesome job satya ... hope you remember by car ice tuning wiring as to be done ... as soon as my car paint job is done my car is heading your way....
redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 11:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I was supposed to be dropping by when your setup was being done.My ICE also needs to be re-wired.

Missed meeting you, was kinda lazy to get off my rear and head to that part of town.Well there's always a 2nd chance, until then keep enjoying the music .
Sorry Riju, I somehow missed your post. Yes, Satya was telling me that you need to change the power cables. It would have been great if you'd come - I'd have seen your Baleno too.

Anyway, there is always a next time. Will meet up soon!