Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 16:04   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile Need Audio Help For Swift Zxi

Hi friends,

I am new to ICE setups.

due to some misleading suggetions i have installed these setting in my car.
but the sound is not that great and i feel no bass.

please suggest me how to improve my sound ( with amp , sub etc ).

my current setup is:

Pioneer 7950UB.
Front Door : 6.5" Philips 2way coaxial. (180 watts)
On the Back (Tray) : 6x9 - Philipes 3 way coaxial (350 watts)

please help me to improve my sound.

thank you.

rk
testing2000 is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 09:51   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
but the sound is not that great and i feel no bass.
please suggest me how to improve my sound ( with amp , sub etc ).

my current setup is:
Pioneer 7950UB.
Front Door : 6.5" Philips 2way coaxial. (180 watts)
On the Back (Tray) : 6x9 - Philipes 3 way coaxial (350 watts)
change speakers budget 8K+
add amp budget 7k+
add sub budget 5K+

let us know what your budget and musical tastes are.
navin is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 14:17   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile

thankx for the reply.

As of now my budget is 10k. and i want to upgrade the sub later some time.

please suggest me good but budget constraint Amplifer and speakers.

thank you very much.

rk.
testing2000 is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 15:00   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
thankx for the reply.

As of now my budget is 10k. and i want to upgrade the sub later some time.

please suggest me good but budget constraint Amplifer and speakers.

thank you very much.

rk.
From Blaupunkt, i can suggest to go for
GTx 693 (3-Way, 6 x 9" Oval) - 3450
Front Door - GTc 542 (2-way component, 130mm) - 2450 or GTc 662 (2-way component, 165mm) - 2950
Amplifier - GTA 2 MKII (2 channel) - 3750
Krato is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 16:00   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

go in for JBL CS series (err....or now GT5 series) 4 channel amp. Retain your rear speakers; and upgrade to 607C front comps. a little overbudget but i think it should suit your tastes.
panky12345 is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 16:10   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile

i am chennai,

do u suggest to both the speakers? as i have installed just a week before.
by the way i dont know where this amp will be available in chennai.

any idea?

thanks

rk
testing2000 is offline  
Old 10th October 2007, 18:49   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

testing2000, You can try CATS in GP road for JBL stuff. For contact number, you can check out the JBL ads in any of the Auto magazines.

You could try Radio warehouse as well, however, be prepared to bargain.

I am not qualified to advise on components :-), however, you could specify if you drive the car most of the time or you are driven.
d.kiran is offline  
Old 11th October 2007, 11:49   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
As of now my budget is 10k..
the Blau GT4 amp is a ncie one to drive front and rear speakers. If you send 6K on those you have 4K left which will fetch you the CS (not GT5) series components for the front. Like panky said you can change your rear speaker when you add a sub and monoblock.
navin is offline  
Old 11th October 2007, 13:39   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,950
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Have you not seen this thread ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...io-thread.html
mithun is offline  
Old 11th October 2007, 14:35   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

thanks guys.

as i am not able to replace the speakers which i bought from the installer.
he said he will take it back the front speaker and replace with the Philips component 260Watts. and planning to buy 554ZR(sony amp) because of budget constraints. is that ok to go? can i connect this amplifier to components and later connect the remaining channles to sub?

please clarify my doubt.

thanks.
testing2000 is offline  
Old 12th October 2007, 09:06   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
thanks guys.

as i am not able to replace the speakers which i bought from the installer.
he said he will take it back the front speaker and replace with the Philips component 260Watts. and planning to buy 554ZR(sony amp) because of budget constraints. is that ok to go? can i connect this amplifier to components and later connect the remaining channles to sub?

please clarify my doubt.

thanks.
but you said that you have 10K budget in your hand. since you getting replacement for speakers, and the sony amp costs Rs. 5990 ( as seen on the sony website).. Sony India : XM-554ZR (XM554ZR) : Details

I would still suggest you to go for Blau or other options told to you by friends here in the thread with the remaining amount.

Philips might not give you the required quality
Krato is offline  
Old 12th October 2007, 12:18   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile

thank you guys for your good advice.

i have one doubt, if i install any of these components in the front door.
they will cut the door for tweeter placements.

cutting will void any warrenty?

wats the best way to put this tweeter?

thank you.
testing2000 is offline  
Old 12th October 2007, 13:50   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,502
Thanked: 3,880 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
i have one doubt, if i install any of these components in the front door.
they will cut the door for tweeter placements.wats the best way to put this tweeter?thank you.
THe person who has done more work on the Swift than most anyone here is our very own LBM. If oyu ask nicely he is a very helpful chap.

I would suggest either the A pillar or somewhere on the door.
navin is offline  
Old 12th October 2007, 14:45   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 26
Thanked: 0 Times
Smile

LBM? i dont get it? you mean its is the name of the Member?

please give me his link?

thanks.

rk
testing2000 is offline  
Old 12th October 2007, 15:48   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
THe person who has done more work on the Swift than most anyone here is our very own LBM. If oyu ask nicely he is a very helpful chap.

I would suggest either the A pillar or somewhere on the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
LBM? i dont get it? you mean its is the name of the Member?

please give me his link?

thanks.

rk
Ya thats me...

Which component kit you plan to put in your car ?
low_bass_makker is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Used Swift Zxi with CNG or New Swift Vdi? somebodystopme Hatchbacks 17 29th November 2008 23:54
Need Help in selecting Audio for Swift RobertClive In-Car Entertainment 141 19th February 2008 11:06
Need Help! Problem after changing to K&N stock filter in Swift ZXi Lotusking Modifications & Accessories 8 26th November 2007 15:09
First timers Confusion : Swift VXI , Swift ZXI and Palio Stile 1.6 proverma Hatchbacks 17 18th July 2007 17:29
swift (zxi/vxi) is zxi vfm? karty_83 Hatchbacks 30 10th May 2007 14:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks