Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:14   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Beautiful! Looks very very good indeed!

Looking at all the bling the Civic guy wanted (No spare wheel, puncture kit), I am sure he will not even drop a tissue in the boot - I guess Gunbir has not done anything regarding the protection because of the bling factor.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 22nd October 2007 at 10:16.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:19   #47
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Did you say grill....
yeah the one that George Foreman sells. nah kidding. it was aa typo. I meant Girdle, or was that Girley, or maybe it was Grille.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:35   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
blueraven316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,109
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Very nice fit and finish in the end, nice work !!
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:39   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
ST7677's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Interesting, but why white skin? Any kind of UV light there

Else matt black with some neon lights would look great, just my flavor...
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:00   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Beautiful! Looks very very good indeed!

Looking at all the bling the Civic guy wanted (No spare wheel, puncture kit), I am sure he will not even drop a tissue in the boot - I guess Gunbir has not done anything regarding the protection because of the bling factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hey Gunbir,

Awesome work as usual. Maybe plexiglass to protect the woofers instead of the grille.

Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Interesting, but why white skin? Any kind of UV light there

Else matt black with some neon lights would look great, just my flavor...
Arrey yaar, that was an just update... who said we're finished yet... there's more but it didn't come out perfect so its being redone
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:26   #51
BHPian
 
determinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pune
Posts: 276
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
One comment on the visual effect (since the owner wants to show-off a bit): Dimensions of the fiber glass "frame" is probably very close to that of the install set below. This creates a visual problem as the thickness of this frame isnt considered AND because people see the setting from an angle. So it looks like the woofer drivers are getting cut by the frame. And that there is a gap above the woofers. See pic above.

The trick is to increase the gap at nearest area, and reduce the ones at the farther side. So visually it will look even (though from top, it might look a little odd, but that is a rare possibility, right?). Probably a sketch would explain it better, may be later as I am running off to a meeting.

This kind of skewing to make the angled view normal is done with many display units, the most common that we all can relate to is the sponsor's logotype spread on a cricket field.

Last edited by determinus : 22nd October 2007 at 12:37.
determinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:25   #52
BHPian
 
Autophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 930
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
One comment on the visual effect (since the owner wants to show-off a bit): Dimensions of the fiber glass "frame" is probably very close to that of the install set below. This creates a visual problem as the thickness of this frame isnt considered AND because people see the setting from an angle. So it looks like the woofer drivers are getting cut by the frame. And that there is a gap above the woofers. See pic above.
True...its the angle from which the picture is clicked. At normal standing position and from average height its not a problem.

Last edited by Autophile : 22nd October 2007 at 14:27.
Autophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:44   #53
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 783
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

What a Setup Gunbir sir , what is the total cost involved. Please post the individual prices.
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:59   #54
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,385 Times
Default

Nice looking install there. One question from my side. We removed the spare tyre to make way for the subs, but then where do we put the Suitcases?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:30   #55
BHPian
 
vebmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 789
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

^ There are no worries on that front - you have to sell off everything you own to get an ICE like this, so you don't need suitcases any more. :P
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 03:19   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nice looking install there. One question from my side. We removed the spare tyre to make way for the subs, but then where do we put the Suitcases?
I'm sure that car doesn't go beyond the streets of Delhi. If he had to travel anymore, God save his seats.
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 07:53   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
, but then where do we put the Suitcases?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
- you have to sell off everything you own to get an ICE like this, so you don't need suitcases any more. :P
I think he meant where will you put all the suitcases in YOUR car, Veb!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 08:59   #58
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,885 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nice looking install there. One question from my side. We removed the spare tyre to make way for the subs, but then where do we put the Suitcases?
Now you kow why I asked about grilles.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:16   #59
BHPian
 
Flying Bong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 271
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Very nice setup! Especially like the way the subs and amps have been installed in the boot...
Flying Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:57   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nice looking install there. One question from my side. We removed the spare tyre to make way for the subs, but then where do we put the Suitcases?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I'm sure that car doesn't go beyond the streets of Delhi. If he had to travel anymore, God save his seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Now you kow why I asked about grilles.
The owner has other cars at his disposal for traveling, airport duty et al. This car is his daily drive city runabout. And who said there is no grill....
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE for UVA (budget max 25k) asvasu In-Car Entertainment 0 16th September 2009 16:41
ICE for IKON..Budget 20k MAX.. Ford_madhan In-Car Entertainment 42 3rd August 2009 09:47
Ferrari 328 GTS - ICE Install gunbir In-Car Entertainment 24 4th September 2007 13:36
Autopsyche'd Civic ICE Install gunbir In-Car Entertainment 79 29th May 2007 17:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks