Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 26th October 2007, 23:04   #1
BANNED

Default WagonR - Speakers in hatchdoor?

Hi,

I have speakers currently in a tray system in my WagonR but it gives unnecessary shaking sound on bumps... is it a good option to remove it and plug them in hatch door?

IS it possible to do that and if yes... where in south delhi is the best place to get it done?

Please let me know

Thanks
Udit
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 23:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Fitting the speakers in the 5th door is as good as fitting them on the side panels, both offer the same limited space. So it is better to have them on the sides rather than on the hatch door as the speakers would suffer less on the sides.

BTW, how is the 06 Vtec + esteem coming along ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 26th October 2007 at 23:17.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 23:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

I made the mistake of putting oval speakers on a plank..It make sound on bad roads and I will never go for it. I recommend putting speakers on speaker provisions in the car instead of putting it in planks/ tray.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 23:19   #4
BANNED

As you know WagonR seats can be pushed back if there is no tray... keeping that in mind, which do u say is the best hatchdoor or side? By side i guess u mean behind the rear seats...
Old 26th October 2007, 23:52   #5
BANNED

Is Palika bhawan near bhikaji cama place good for getting this job done? or Lajpat Nagar , Khan Market is better?

Guys please let me know today as i am planning to do this tomorrow...
Old 27th October 2007, 00:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
As you know WagonR seats can be pushed back if there is no tray... keeping that in mind, which do u say is the best hatchdoor or side? By side i guess u mean behind the rear seats...
Ideally in a wagonR, it is better to invest on decent speakers (components) in the front. If the rear is also very important, then fitting a pair of 6 inchers in the rear sides (behind the back seats) should be a problem.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Haven't you yet thought about this yet ? Has been done on my colleagues car too by Satya a.k.a blueraven316 and it looks super cool.No rattles what so ever.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 00:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

riju, the location of the rear speakers is not that great. I am sure sathya would agree with that. Imagine the plight of the rear passengers, they would not be able hear themselves speak. I think the right place would be a little lower & the most important thing would be to invest in a good pair of comps for the front.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

John I agree with what you said, but then Satya did the magic with the tuning .
I honestly dint feel that it was too loud and I sat in the rear seat on my way to office the next day.

Also saves you from that irritating rattle the tray makes .

For compo's on the WagonR the door panels needs to be cut, unless udit78 is willing to get that done.
Old 27th October 2007, 03:07   #10
BANNED

satya's setup is really nice. pair it with his tuning skills; he can do wonders.
but since you are in delhi, the ratio of unskilled installers to professional installers is like 200:1 (maybe worse)
btw, what speakers do you have?
saintsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 19:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Haven't you yet thought about this yet ? Has been done on my colleagues car too by Satya a.k.a blueraven316 and it looks super cool.No rattles what so ever.
I have Alpine S type 6*9 speakers on plank. I cannot stand the rattling noise, but want to keep the same speakers. Is the same setup feasible? The last option would be to fit on the hatch door..
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 20:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I have Alpine S type 6*9 speakers on plank. I cannot stand the rattling noise, but want to keep the same speakers. Is the same setup feasible? The last option would be to fit on the hatch door..
I dont know if the same setup is possible for your Getz Prime, pm blueraven316 and check.Am sure the man is more than willing to help.
Old 31st October 2007, 20:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
riju, the location of the rear speakers is not that great. I am sure sathya would agree with that. Imagine the plight of the rear passengers, they would not be able hear themselves speak. I think the right place would be a little lower & the most important thing would be to invest in a good pair of comps for the front.
I would not agree with that. The thing is when a rear 6X9 is played real loud, whether on a parcel tray or on this quarter glass install, the rear passengers wont be able to hear eachother talk, so that is not much a big deal. Now, I don't beleive in installing speakers in those 10 inch high boxes which leave the speaker lying in the boot somewhere and the real SQ is cut off from the cabin somewhat.
I think one has to audition one of those wagon R installs to get the real picture. and Yeah they are louder than what it is in a parcel tra, but not that much louder.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 00:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Now, I don't beleive in installing speakers in those 10 inch high boxes which leave the speaker lying in the boot somewhere and the real SQ is cut off from the cabin somewhat.
I second that, even though Satya is a guru and doesn't need my opinion here, I'd say that the installs which had boxes for 6X9s sounded awful. More like how people address Bose here - 'There is no bass and there is no treble. There is no midrange too.'

Besides, I think the boxes for 6X9s are ugly and stupid.

P.S: No offence meant to anyone
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote