Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th February 2008, 19:43   #61
BHPian

^^ Oh yes....that was the theme of my ICE...not that much a fan of thumps....I like more of midrange and high freq..
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 21:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
GTO is anyday better then any GT5 series you could have bought GTO man
Sir with all due respect to the GTO series I honestly feel that the GT5 comes very very close. Since Sabret was on a budget the GT5 seems to emerge the winner.

Having extensively heard both I can say that the only difference I ascertained was that the GTO's could take and put out more power than the said GT5.

For someone who likes to listen L-O-U-D the GTO is probably a better choice. For me I tend to prefer the less shiny sound of the GT5. Of course a GTO could be tuned this way too!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 21:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Sir with all due respect to the GTO series...
... GTO could be tuned this way too!
Agree x2. I feel the same
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 22:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
For someone who likes to listen L-O-U-D the GTO is probably a better choice. For me I tend to prefer the less shiny sound of the GT5. Of course a GTO could be tuned this way too!
With a little adjustment on the HIGH`s of the HU.
low_bass_makker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 22:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

@Sabre, instead of add on tweets, hunt around for a buyer for your GT5s and get a 4.1 component set I think Illusion and Blau have them.
A standard 60Wx4 amp should do fine. Say JBL/Blau. Since you liked Blau, go to the Blau showroom and check it out.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 23:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

That 4-ch GT5 amp is AMAZING VFM .Go get it!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 23:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
@Sabre, instead of add on tweets, hunt around for a buyer for your GT5s and get a 4.1 component set I think Illusion and Blau have them.
A standard 60Wx4 amp should do fine. Say JBL/Blau. Since you liked Blau, go to the Blau showroom and check it out.
i well i totally agree here!, sell them and get the illusion audio's electra EL 4.1 components, its 35W rms and can be powered directly from the HU an amp is not recommended as the rms is only 35W!, i suggested this to one of my friends in his brand new alto!, and believe me they will surprise you even with 35w rms capacity!

please dont get the blaupunkt this is my personal experience, i had the 2 way 120 max and 50 rms components 6" though and ended up changing them to jbl as they went kaput in the first 3 months would not suggest them there is no new series from blau in India so just get illusion's 4inch components and you will surely be happy with them!

here is the link that gives the technical specifications!

::* i l l u s i o n** a u d i o* ::
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 01:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I think it's bit late now for that...there's no one I know who'll buy the GT5 402 from me...anyways so I'am left with the option of adding tweeters only...further it's a budget option as well...so my question now is that is there anyway I may attach a couple of tweeters to HU keeping the existing setup intact? If yes then is that going to be a too complex process...lastly is that going to create an effect which can compare say a little bit even to a compo in the front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
i well i totally agree here!, sell them and get the illusion audio's electra EL 4.1 components, its 35W rms and can be powered directly from the HU an amp is not recommended as the rms is only 35W!, i suggested this to one of my friends in his brand new alto!, and believe me they will surprise you even with 35w rms capacity!

please dont get the blaupunkt this is my personal experience, i had the 2 way 120 max and 50 rms components 6" though and ended up changing them to jbl as they went kaput in the first 3 months would not suggest them there is no new series from blau in India so just get illusion's 4inch components and you will surely be happy with them!

here is the link that gives the technical specifications!

::* i l l u s i o n** a u d i o* ::
I know that the illusion's are amazing...but currently not on a budget to spend so much on the compos....they're on my wishlist...will make sure I get them for my next car lolz...

BTW the ICE in my friend's car has been serving very well for the past 3 years I would like to believe and still making amazing sound....everything except the front 2 tweets is a Blau..however there's one problem in his ICE...the Maui MP36 which his HU is wont play CD-R and scratched discs..

Last edited by sabret00the : 14th February 2008 at 01:26.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

@ sabre: which blau 4" speakers are you contemplating? Are they components? Price?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2008, 14:34   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
@ sabre: which blau 4" speakers are you contemplating? Are they components? Price?
No no B&T I'am not contemplating any Blau 4" speakers I was just drawing an analogy. What I was trying say is that my frnd's ICE doesnt have compos in front instead he has 2 door speakers and two tweeters on the dash...never heard how compos sound but I felt that this setup he had was pretty good indeed..thus the reference to the Blau's. So I wanted to ask if I add a couple of tweets to my existing setup then will they somewhat emulate compos? Is it possible that I can add the tweets considering that I already have 4 speakers connected to the 7950....will it support 2 more speakers?

Last edited by sabret00the : 14th February 2008 at 14:36.
Old 24th February 2008, 00:14   #71
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
No no B&T I'am not contemplating any Blau 4" speakers I was just drawing an analogy. What I was trying say is that my frnd's ICE doesnt have compos in front instead he has 2 door speakers and two tweeters on the dash...never heard how compos sound but I felt that this setup he had was pretty good indeed..thus the reference to the Blau's. So I wanted to ask if I add a couple of tweets to my existing setup then will they somewhat emulate compos? Is it possible that I can add the tweets considering that I already have 4 speakers connected to the 7950....will it support 2 more speakers?

It is possible to add the 2 tweeters to the HU. I have infact seen 2 pairs of tweeters installed on a few cars along with the speakers. No idea how.

The idea of adding a tweeter will not emulate components. Its only similar in the sense that in both the systems, the tweeters are present.
What is different and most important is the lack of crossover. And you current front speaker will already have tweeter.
This way you will only enhance the output of higher freq's.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 01:37   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
It is possible to add the 2 tweeters to the HU. I have infact seen 2 pairs of tweeters installed on a few cars along with the speakers. No idea how.

The idea of adding a tweeter will not emulate components. Its only similar in the sense that in both the systems, the tweeters are present.
What is different and most important is the lack of crossover. And you current front speaker will already have tweeter.
aaha now that answers my query pretty much...thanks bro
Old 24th February 2008, 10:00   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
I am not very sure of that. Since the same high frequenices (very small wave length) will be coming from 2 different places you might experience combing.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 00:24   #74
BHPian

@saber nice setup you got there... so how bout an AMP and a basstube to change things a bit ??
get yourself a Blaupunkt GTA4 MKII it's awsome and if not that i can arrange a used pioneer AMP which is just lying around with a friend see how it sounds then decide. it's a 4 channel 800-1000w if interested let me know
Lancer.ized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 15:02   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer.ized View Post
@saber nice setup you got there... so how bout an AMP and a basstube to change things a bit ??
get yourself a Blaupunkt GTA4 MKII it's awsome and if not that i can arrange a used pioneer AMP which is just lying around with a friend see how it sounds then decide. it's a 4 channel 800-1000w if interested let me know
Thanks a lot Gibran.

Well I wanted to go for either the Blau GTA4 or the JBL GT5 A604. But will get the amp sometime later.