Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 30th November 2007, 15:58   #16
BHPian

A few days ago I saw a 937 in pune for 2400 and when I asked the guy if it has warranty and bill he said yes but when I insist him to show me he refused and said belau belau belau .Finally we came to know he is lying.
imagine 2400rs thats crazy man.
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 16:03   #17
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Gurus, grey market product means an original piece but not supposed to be sold in india.. isn't it?

So, warranty card, wires etc should be present.. rt?

Only the sticker should be missing..
1. no, warranty card would not be present. no brand gives international warranty. warranties are only through official imports, and every warranty card for that country is either made with the importer's name, or stamped by them.

2. a bulk smuggled consignment would not have warranty cards. however, if you as an individual have bought from abroad, you would get a warranty card that's valid in that country only.

3. i see your point. if there are blank warranty cards being given, that's a serious issue and imho that calls for the brand to take action so that people are not cheated thinking they are buying original imports, while actually they are buying grey. knock knock, sam!!
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 16:16   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
I asked the guy if it has warranty and bill he said yes
May be he meant dealer warranty. This is a common practice. He will mean dealer warranty, while we think he means company warranty. When it remains un-clarified, it remains open to interpretation, most likely in the dealer's favor.

When ever the dealer says the item is with B&W, go further and check whether it is Company Warranty or just Dealer Warranty.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 16:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
May be he meant dealer warranty. This is a common practice. He will mean dealer warranty, while we think he means company warranty. When it remains un-clarified, it remains open to interpretation, most likely in the dealer's favor.

When ever the dealer says the item is with B&W, go further and check whether it is Company Warranty or just Dealer Warranty.
there is no such thing as Dealer Warranty. dealer's do not issue their own warranty cards.

it's colloquial and used in a very loose sense by dealers who say "haanji saab, poori gerentee hai... hum baithe hain na".

or it might be the case where the company gives warranty to the official dealer... basically the consumer who buys from the official dealer, and the dealer claims it to be his warranty coz he stamps the card. that imho is still a company warranty given by an authorised dealer, and not a dealer warranty. or is it?

but i could be wrong here... if the dealer is legally liable and not the company. i think at a national level, the importer is liable. however, at a state level, the dealer is not liable... he is backed only by the importer. so while legally the liability is not theirs, a dealer warranty means that in case of trouble, you can go back to the dealer and he will get the goods replaced for you by the company's national importer who bears the liability and gives warranty. hehehee... this has turned out like a legal law text book, at the end of which you will still not understand anything.

neways, consumer courts are local, at a district level. therefore it makes sense to have a local dealer warranty. umm... may be the gurus can enlighten on the legal wrangle... i mean legal angle.

say if one gets cheated by a brand X, does one file a suit on the dealer or on the company?
Old 30th November 2007, 16:48   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
THe only warranty that I have seen is a MANUFACTURER's WARRANTY.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 16:53   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
THe only warranty that I have seen is a MANUFACTURER's WARRANTY.
That's the way it is, and should be. And that's what we want & expect.

But, the dealers (grey-market) will try ways to get people to buy from them. That's when they use the term called warranty. Whenever I have found the prices to be way below official rates - and with B&W, I have probed them about their warranty. The answer I have got: "warranty hum denge, sir" or "our (dealer) warranty, saar".

Last edited by condor : 30th November 2007 at 16:54.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 17:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
May be he meant dealer warranty.

Can you tell me what is dealer warranty?I assume it is the warranty provided by the seller itself huh?
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 17:27   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

A dealer warranty is (loosely speaking) an assurance made by the dealer who you trust.
Saying "Don't worry I'll take care of it, if something does go wrong"

Honestly, this is not something you can truly depend on.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 17:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

I dont think JBL's might be fake,as they are the most running product in the markets,and their models change to prevent duplication AFAIK.Might be the wiring have gone Jinxed somewhere,or the speakers require more amplification,or bro you might be putting alot of LOW's to act as a subwoofer resulting of sound cracking.
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 17:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Blank warranty cards are not given to dealers.

Warranty cards cannot be duplicated. There is a secure method that I cannot disclose.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 18:17   #26
BHPian

ok... guys...

i got them replaced from my dealer.. and they sound good now... So.. it was the speakers which were faulty see....

i'm now thinking for the 607c in the fronts... of my NHC .. will they fit in?

i will post my pic of warranty card soon...
manyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 18:26   #27
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Blank warranty cards are not given to dealers.

Warranty cards cannot be duplicated. There is a secure method that I cannot disclose.
that's great.

Old 30th November 2007, 20:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Somehow, baba - I think that JBL has one customer off from the suspiciously low priced and possibly grey accessory market. Maybe next time you'll buy from a reputed shop?
Rule 6.
No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct / indirect attempt at trolling. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment will be dealt with severely.
manyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 23:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Well around a month back i enquired about GTO 937. I was quoted Rs 3500 with B/W and 2800 wo B/W. Also came to know from the dealer it self that Rs 2800 ones are chinese ones
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 23:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well around a month back i enquired about GTO 937. I was quoted Rs 3500 with B/W and 2800 wo B/W. Also came to know from the dealer it self that Rs 2800 ones are chinese ones
JBL 937s are made in china, so i have no Idea what he meant by chinese (I suppose he means they are fake), but they are not, I have not seen a single fake 937 myself in our market till date. Dealers always find some way of fooling the unsuspecting or most of the time inexperienced customers, and that is what separates the Good Retailers to the Spurious con job artists who sady are present everywhere in our country.
blueraven316 is offline   Reply With Quote