Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2007, 14:18   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
thanks gunman. yes i will do that in a while. you know who taught me the carpeting thing? Mukul Patel. i was watching him do up the carpeting. otherwise i could have never done it my self.
I'm glad you learnt stuff while you were here. Mukul is the best.
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 14:31   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
have you sold the subs? the maxes.

No i am not selling them....will use them for some other purpose..
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 14:41   #18
BHPian
 
zucchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: faridabad/rourkela
Posts: 250
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

clipto last time when i heard your subs in the sealed box it sounded very good and acurate.now i am waitin to hear them in the ported enclosure.
btw nice clean work
zucchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 16:30   #19
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
I'm glad you learnt stuff while you were here. Mukul is the best.
yes he is the best. he explained everything really well. you will see that in the pics. my parents were really impressed with my carpeting skills lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
No i am not selling them....will use them for some other purpose..
thats nice. they are excellent subs in my honest opinion. im gonna upgrade my ice and the budget would be anywhere from 100k to 200k. lets see how it goes. im excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
clipto last time when i heard your subs in the sealed box it sounded very good and acurate.now i am waitin to hear them in the ported enclosure.
btw nice clean work
thanks zucc. i might visit delhi on the 14th this month. im not sure though. will give you a call or pm you about my plans. also i want to listen to illusionized cars. if thats possible.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 18:33   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Clip, after Gill's swift, you have once again showed everyone how good you are at DIY. Great work and the enclosure looks awesome!

Cheers!
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 00:19   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
also i want to listen to illusionized cars. if thats possible.

That can be done...do let me of your plans.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 13:43   #22
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Clip, after Gill's swift, you have once again showed everyone how good you are at DIY. Great work and the enclosure looks awesome!

Cheers!
thanks alot rockster. credit goes to all of you and tbhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
That can be done...do let me of your plans.
yes i wll call you once my plan is finalized.

clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:04   #23
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

ok, here are more pics of the enclosures from different angles. the white thing in the joints are not quite visible to naked eye.










cheers
clip
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:39   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Clip what are the external dimensions of the enclosure.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:52   #25
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Clip,Another SAGA in making.Nice pics of the enc.Though the tiny white things on the carpet joints are not visible to the naked eye when the enc is in the boot,what culd be the reasons for it?Is it cause of pollyfill.
Anyways keep us posted for your upgrades.Seems like you had great whether yesterday in jallandher,pics tell's the story.
Cheers!
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 15:09   #26
BHPian
 
NOTORIOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 783
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

clip saab, very good DIY.can i ask you few things if you dont mind .
  • what is the price of that sub.
  • How is your system tuned, is that spl or sq.
  • if i give you 3 songs, can you tell me the response of the sub ?
waiting for your reply...
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 15:53   #27
BHPian
 
ScarySkulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Halifax, N.S.
Posts: 623
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

In the second pic, I see the garden hose lying idle.
where's the "Watch the water pressure" pics?

Anyways, nice job man. told you then also. Impressive job. Quite easily the best enclosure anywhere in Jalandhar.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 16:43   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
ok, here are more pics of the enclosures from different angles. the white thing in the joints are not quite visible to naked eye
Hail Dr. Rajah Sir @Clipto333... chha gaye tussi. Fantastic job - the fit and finish is super!

I guess I can see the white thing in the joints since I wear specs!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 18:19   #29
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
clip saab, very good DIY.can i ask you few things if you dont mind .
  • what is the price of that sub.
  • How is your system tuned, is that spl or sq.
  • if i give you 3 songs, can you tell me the response of the sub ?
waiting for your reply...
the sub is for 11.7k. i think its disconned now as there is a new energy lineup coming up.

my system is tuned for sq. i don't like boosted bass. but sometimes i like to turn up the bass and this sub never lets me down. ask gill about the level of spl this sub can achieve. we(me and gill) once tried the sub in gill swift powered by a jbl 75.4. it rocked.

give me the 3 songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
In the second pic, I see the garden hose lying idle.
where's the "Watch the water pressure" pics?

Anyways, nice job man. told you then also. Impressive job. Quite easily the best enclosure anywhere in Jalandhar.
thanks ss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Hail Dr. Rajah Sir @Clipto333... chha gaye tussi. Fantastic job - the fit and finish is super!

I guess I can see the white thing in the joints since I wear specs!
the crpet used has a jute backing. when you rub the carpet with your hand, there is a white powdery stuff that comes out. its because of that the joints have the white thingy.

i couldn't find a better carpet than this. i will search again. the carpert gunman and co. use are the best ive seen.

i did the carpeting all by myself without any help. it was quite difficult to cut the joints without someone applying pressure. :-) im satisfied with the finish. this was the first time.

anyway thanks for the compliments.

Last edited by clipto333 : 10th December 2007 at 18:21.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 18:24   #30
BHPian
 
clipto333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: jalandhar
Posts: 912
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Clip,Another SAGA in making.Nice pics of the enc.Though the tiny white things on the carpet joints are not visible to the naked eye when the enc is in the boot,what culd be the reasons for it?Is it cause of pollyfill.
Anyways keep us posted for your upgrades.Seems like you had great whether yesterday in jallandher,pics tell's the story.
Cheers!
its not poly fill. its the powdery jute backing. i will post the pic of the carpet soon. and fyi, your enclosure had the same carpet:-)
yes the weather was really nice yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Clip what are the external dimensions of the enclosure.
i will post it in a while ill have to measure it again. i forgot the dimensions.

Last edited by clipto333 : 10th December 2007 at 18:26.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q! Sam Kapasi In-Car Entertainment 13577 11th December 2017 18:05
Pioneer exits from Home Audio-Video & DJ Business. To focus on Car Audio iVento Gadgets, Computers & Software 2 23rd September 2014 12:52
About brake upgrades Harrie Technical Stuff 17 22nd December 2011 17:31
Audio in TV less costlier than car audio? LNG In-Car Entertainment 4 2nd August 2010 12:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks