Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 12th September 2008, 14:16   #31
BHPian

Default Need Help in deciding Civic Audio Install

Guys! I am bumping this thread up as I need advice on my Civic Car Audio Install.

I have a very varied listening taste in music as I listen to any thing from the old 1960's hindi music to the latest pop & trance. But majorly old music even though I'm not that old. Plus I do love all the Chamiya-type (Item songs) in the hindi movies. In fact my fav. hindi songs are Jumma Chumma de de & Saat Samundar paar.

The requirements are:-

1. A dash Kit to replace the original 6-cd player in the civic.

2. A good 2-DIN DVD player with Divx capability & usb connectivity if possible.
I know that its not good to watch movies on the go & neither do I intend to use the screen for it, I want to use a good player for the sound , plus the fact that it fills up the dash very nicely.

3. Front component Speakers, not too bright though. Need a O.E. type install.

4. Rear Co-axials.

5. A woofer in a box, in the boot, which should be removable for luggage, if the need arises.

6. A four channel Amp, for the speakers.

7. A mono amp for the woofer with subwoofer control.

8. Damping - as I do not want any rattles. (my Swift already rattles like an empty tin can).

I need the woofer to be fast & be loud too whenever the need arises for it to be.

I have heard a Pioneer woofer in a friend's civic, but as soon as you close the boot lid, its effect , is not felt or even heard. I mean you can't even tell if the sub in the boot is there or not.

I do not want that kind of situation.

Now, I do want you guys to help me to suggest the products with the approximate prices.And please do suggest a good installer in Delhi, though Driven is highly recommended here on Team-Bhp, I want to know what other options I have.

My civic is slightly more than a year old now, but its only now that I am able to put together a budget of 70,000 bucks for its car audio.

This includes all the installation charges, wiring, etc, i.e I want this to be an all inclusive install in 70k, max.

Can you guys please help me with this?.

Edit: Mods, please remove the earlier message.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 12th September 2008 at 14:19. Reason: Earlier message session expired
car_crazy1400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 14:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400
Easily available ~ 4-5k

Quote:
Is 2-DIN a must? You can get a single din that does all of this at a much lower price ~ 12-13k

Quote:
I know that its not good to watch movies on the go & neither do I intend to use the screen for it, I want to use a good player for the sound , plus the fact that it fills up the dash very nicely.
Then dont go for a 2-din. You can still fill up the dash in same color as the dash kit.

Quote:
Hear a few and decide ~ 6-10k

Quote:
4. Rear Co-axials.
6" coaxes ~ 3-4k

Quote:
5. A woofer in a box, in the boot, which should be removable for luggage, if the need arises.
12" sub + enclosure with speakon connector ~ 6-7k

Quote:
Better still, use just one 4-ch amp. Drive the front comps and sub on it. Let the head unit run the rear coaxes. The saved money can be used benefically elsewhere.

Quote:
8. Damping - as I do not want any rattles. (my Swift already rattles like an empty tin can).
~ 6-7k

Quote:
I have heard a Pioneer woofer in a friend's civic, but as soon as you close the boot lid, its effect , is not felt or even heard. I mean you can't even tell if the sub in the boot is there or not.
Not that it must be a great sub, but the problem seems to be standing waves.

Quote:
This includes all the installation charges, wiring, etc, i.e I want this to be an all inclusive install in 70k, max.
All the above works out to about 60k odd. Add cabling, installation etc, and you should be done at or under the budget.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 14:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

Is 2-DIN a must? You can get a single din that does all of this at a much lower price ~ 12-13k

Then dont go for a 2-din. You can still fill up the dash in same color as the dash kit.

Thanks Ajay, But If I fit a Single DIN Head unit, wouldn't the space below the stereo look odd, like it does in a wagon-r or Swift , for that matter?

Plus are 2 DIN stereos really that bad or are they just too expensive?
Old 12th September 2008, 14:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Thanks Ajay, But If I fit a Single DIN Head unit, wouldn't the space below the stereo look odd, like it does in a wagon-r or Swift , for that matter?

Plus are 2 DIN stereos really that bad or are they just too expensive?
You can cover it with a plate that is of the same color that the dash kit is, so I guess it'll look just as bad as the rest of the dash kit. But yeah, the 2 DIN models are low on features and expensive. You dont need a monitor-face either.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 10:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Guys! I am bumping this thread up as I need advice on my Civic Car Audio Install.

I have a very varied listening taste in music as I listen to any thing from the old 1960's hindi music to the latest pop & trance. But majorly old music even though I'm not that old. Plus I do love all the Chamiya-type (Item songs) in the hindi movies. In fact my fav. hindi songs are Jumma Chumma de de & Saat Samundar paar.

The requirements are:-

4. Rear Co-axials.

I need the woofer to be fast & be loud too whenever the need arises for it to be.

I do not want that kind of situation.

Now, I do want you guys to help me to suggest the products with the approximate prices.And please do suggest a good installer in Delhi, though Driven is highly recommended here on Team-Bhp, I want to know what other options I have.

My civic is slightly more than a year old now, but its only now that I am able to put together a budget of 70,000 bucks for its car audio.

Can you guys please help me with this?.

Edit: Mods, please remove the earlier message.
Why don't you have a look at this after my upgrade. It addresses most of your queries

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...e-upgrade.html
dinu2506 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 10:29   #36
BHPian

I already have seen your install before posting the question & liked the install very much. May i know, how much did you pay for those sub woofer enclosures? I like them very much.
I want an install very similar to yours but just don't know how to go about it or what to buy. Any brand recommendations?
Old 13th September 2008, 11:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I already have seen your install before posting the question & liked the install very much. May i know, how much did you pay for those sub woofer enclosures? I like them very much.
I want an install very similar to yours but just don't know how to go about it or what to buy. Any brand recommendations?
Thank you.
The enclosures came to around 6k, both included.

Brand, good question, but as you see I have gone in for a predominantly JBL install which I found was good VFM

But I would definitely recommend the JVC AVX800 double din which I think is real good with lot of tuning options.

Feel free to PM me if you need any specific information
Old 14th September 2008, 00:33   #38
BANNED

hey...i can tell you about my install in civic, it was a very long quest to source all the components. i have the following ICE components
DLS 6.5 components in the front and DLS caox in the rear..everything in stock locations.
Image dynamics IDv3 12" sub in a sealed enlosure in the boot which is movable.
i got kenwood 9103d mono amp for the sub and audison lrx4.5 amp for the front/rear speakers.
but i did not change the HU as i wanted everything to look stock and did not want to spoil the integrated HU look.
just a piece of advice, spend more on the sub+monoamp as to get good effect of the sub in civic especially if you are in the front seat most of the time.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 09:22   #39
BHPian

Thanks for the advice sanchits! I don't think I have enough money for the DLS though & neither am I planning on visiting the Emirates any time soon.

Regarding the mono amp, how much did the kenwood mono cost?
Also, how is the sound with the O.E. stereo?
Old 15th September 2008, 02:10   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the advice sanchits! I don't think I have enough money for the DLS though & neither am I planning on visiting the Emirates any time soon.

Regarding the mono amp, how much did the kenwood mono cost?
Also, how is the sound with the O.E. stereo?
the kenwood costed me 12k and pumps out 900w rms at 1 ohm...great amp with plenty of power to easily run 2 ID subs.
for me the sound quality is great with OE HU. i mostly listen to Trance/House in my car so for this music i found my system best suited.
sanchits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 15:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let us know how much you finally spent on the ICE. :-) We've had ST7677 who started off with 15K was it? and ended up in 6 digits for his Civic and there are many more like that in team-bhp !!!
LOL, here you go - add Dinu to the list, he started with 10k and ended with 80k
My journey is still on, preparing my self for the next phase...
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 16:21   #42
BHPian

You can contact Gunbir/Autophile or go to Driven @ East of kailash.. Terrific place for ICE in Delhi
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 20:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
LOL, here you go - add Dinu to the list, he started with 10k and ended with 80k
Boo-Hoo, don't remind me. But good to know there are lots in the same boat.
Old 17th December 2008, 22:20   #44
BHPian

Smile 2 Din?

Welcome aboard the quandary boat!. Yes the Civics 2 DIN 6-CD player does need changing- I have a friend who is maniacally searching through classifieds looking for good systems & installers. I had the same issue with my Ford fiesta Sxi which came with a 6CD +Player, but thanks to the loads of good advice from the Team-BHP guys,I've finally settled for a decent system.

check out Pioneer systems
1) FH P-6050UB 2 DIN - looks great, and plays nice.Price around 11500. Since Honda is Japanese, the fit out of the system should be easy enough unlike my ford, which has American dimensions on its console. The gripe is - no DVD play- only MP3 CDs, and 2 RCA Pre Outs.Go to the pioneer website, download the brochure, take a look.

2)The Single DINs I had on my list were the pioneer DEH P7050 BT, and DEH P9850 BT (available at Rs.13100 & 15200 respectively), these HU's are bluetooth enabled. Of course this option would require the services of a good interior fabricator for the console.

3)If you want only DVD players, and have a high budget allocation, the Pioneer AVH P6050 DVD was recommended to me, but its very expensive ( Rs.46500 approx)

There are also Blaupunkt 1 DINS like the Bremen MP68 ,Memphis MP 66, Milano MP28 (I don't know the cost of these)

If You want a DVD player in Sony, you have a single DIN Sony MEX-DV1100 (Rs.8500)

The cheapest options are of course the Chinese made players (Approx. 16000-18000 Rupees), but these are not recommended.

Among the lot, rankwise - Pioneer>Blaupunkt>Sony (Many have advised me against even considering a Sony)

I hear that JVC also has good models- but can't help you there. You can visit their website,which is very helpful.

Alpine is expensive, so I have not given it much thought.

Hope this is helpful.
ascertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 09:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Civic - ICE upgrade advice

GUys wanted if it's possible to fit a Head unit with aux and usb in and which is just like the Civic stock unit so that i do not have to fit the dashboard trim kit.

I don't want the kit for 2 reasons

1-I want the OE look of the dashboard
2-The trim kit itself costs 4-5K (as i was told) and feel it's a waste of money as i don't want a fancy head unit (touchscreen etc).

So wanted to know which unit (any make) could be fitted ofcourse with a USb/aux-in port atleast and still retain the OE look.

I am aware of the option where one can get a aux in fitted on the stock OE but don't want to risk cutting wires etc.

thanks all

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 18th September 2012 at 09:38.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote