Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th January 2008, 23:11   #181
Senior - BHPian

Thanks DerAlte - I was qouted the db figures by a dealer.

I dont intend to hit even 90db to be frank, we can leave all the db game to LBM

Any sub will do as long as it fits below the seats. Can i get a normal sub which i can place in the boot and change its location from boot to between the third and fourth seats when ever i want. How much would that cost?

What about adding a MDF Tray behind the last row and adding a free air sub? I know it wont play as good as closed encosure, but should do the job.

& Yes, please give the costs for the sub.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 00:10   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Can i get a normal sub which i can place in the boot and change its location from boot to between the third and fourth seats when ever i want. How much would that cost?
You could have 2 subwoofer cables with the same easily detachable terminal at the end routed to both places where you plan to keep the sub. This will not cost much extra.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 11:19   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about adding a MDF Tray behind the last row and adding a free air sub? I know it wont play as good as closed encosure, but should do the job.
Not recommended. Go for a enclosure any day in a vehicle like yours.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 12:32   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks DerAlte - I was qouted the db figures by a dealer.

I dont intend to hit even 90db to be frank, we can leave all the db game to LBM

Any sub will do as long as it fits below the seats. Can i get a normal sub which i can place in the boot and change its location from boot to between the third and fourth seats when ever i want. How much would that cost?

& Yes, please give the costs for the sub.
Perhaps you should go to another dealer! Dealers (most) cook up figures for their benefit, but this one seems to be more brazen than the rest.

No, an MDF plank with free air mounting is not a solution:
a. Innova 3rd row folds to the sides, you will get NO bass then
b. There is no provision for mounting a plank, it will mess up the interior
c. Free air subs sound bhhhoom-bhhhoom - not desirable

You have the following choices:
1. Under seat (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...tml#post124435)
This would be the best solution IMHO, since it utilizes unused space and is near the main audience, obviating the need for TA. You just need to select a suitable 10" sub, which needs a small sealed box of that size.
2. 12" sub under either of the 3rd row seats - you can make a box that just fits under the seat when the seat is used. Will not take up much space when you are keeping luggage with the 3rd row folded up. You need not remove it at all

LBM-maharaj, you are sub ka boss, could you please select a good sub for @busa-bhai and design the box for him? The IDs need a small volume even for ported, I think, but I am not sure of his budget.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 12:36   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
JBL GTO 60.4 - Rs. 5500 - It can play 90db
GZ 4.1 MK 2 - Rs. 9300 - It can play 140db
60.4 = 60W x 4 channels I dont see how that translates into db unless you are talking about gain.

Quote:
Can i get a normal sub which i can place in the boot and change its location from boot to between the third and fourth seats when ever i want. How much would that cost?

The sub wont cost much more but you will have to run 2 sets of wires.

I dont think you can add a MDF tray to an Innova.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 13:17   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
2. 12" sub under either of the 3rd row seats - you can make a box that just fits under the seat when the seat is used. Will not take up much space when you are keeping luggage with the 3rd row folded up. You need not remove it at all
under the 3rd row seats? theres no space.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 15:33   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
under the 3rd row seats? theres no space.
Sir, the bottom of the seat does not touch the floor, does it? Otherwise one will be sitting in the lotus position and going "Ooooooouuuuuuummmmm"! It was better than a Hyderabad riksha the last time I sat in the 3rd row.
Old 8th January 2008, 15:38   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Sir, the bottom of the seat does not touch the floor, does it? Otherwise one will be sitting in the lotus position and going "Ooooooouuuuuuummmmm"! It was better than a Hyderabad riksha the last time I sat in the 3rd row.
. but theres like an inch of space below it. the footwell is at a lower height than the seat base.
Old 8th January 2008, 16:47   #189
Senior - BHPian

Thanks BT, DerAlte dbLBM & Navin.

I plan for only one sub and budget is 5k for it. No budget at all for the mono, so will have to run 2 channel on the sub and the fronts of the car by the HU. I want good sound in the middle row.

DerAlte - Which sub will fit below the third row seat, a 10inch? Can a sub be placed inside the doors?
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 16:49   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. but theres like an inch of space below it. the footwell is at a lower height than the seat base.
Thanks Akshay, I stand corrected. I was quoting from old flawed memory from my last 3rd row experience.

In that case below the 3rd row is ruled out.
Old 8th January 2008, 16:57   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks BT, DerAlte dbLBM & Navin.

I plan for only one sub and budget is 5k for it. No budget at all for the mono, so will have to run 2 channel on the sub and the fronts of the car by the HU. I want good sound in the middle row.

DerAlte - Which sub will fit below the third row seat, a 10inch? Can a sub be placed inside the doors?
3rd row seat is ruled out, as pointed out by Akshay. Only hope is below the passenger seat. This is the most optimum - since it is near every one, power from the bridged amp channels should be enough.

Unfortunately LBM must be busy as usual - he hasn't replied to our query on sub and box yet. Wait for him / PM him.

Doors are not suitable, only the tailgate is a possibility, but not very desirable (unless you put a 12" and drive it with a mono).

Last edited by DerAlte : 8th January 2008 at 17:00.
Old 8th January 2008, 17:06   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very bad car for ICE.
Old 8th January 2008, 19:04   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Very bad car for ICE.
today i saw that mtx showcar with 4 subs at the back (3rd row removed) and 1 sub instead of the glove compartment. it also had many tvs. it was an innova.
Old 8th January 2008, 23:08   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
today i saw that mtx showcar with 4 subs at the back (3rd row removed) and 1 sub instead of the glove compartment. it also had many tvs. it was an innova.
Then again a demo car. with the thrid row passanger seat it will be hard to install a sub. So it will be between the third and second row or a slim enclousre behind the last row of seats.
Old 9th January 2008, 11:26   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Then again a demo car. with the thrid row passanger seat it will be hard to install a sub. So it will be between the third and second row or a slim enclousre behind the last row of seats.
yup. thats what i have.