Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th January 2008, 19:59   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Chhedwala dabba and bina chhedwala dabba!

In simple terms, a sub mounted in a ported box sounds LOUDER than a sealed box. But the quality of bass differs. Bass notes from a ported box tend to run into each other or linger longer, as compared to a sealed box where the notes sound distinct under all circumstances but not as loud. Good design and tuning can make the bass quality difference from a ported box very small.
Thanks Der Alte. Sealed Box is smaller then ported, so i would prefer that any day. Does JBL have any 8" subs? Which companies make 8" subs and how much would they cost? How much do sealed boxes cost?
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2008, 23:51   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thanks Der Alte. Sealed Box is smaller then ported, so i would prefer that any day. Does JBL have any 8" subs? Which companies make 8" subs and how much would they cost? How much do sealed boxes cost?
I think it is already discussed on your thread.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 00:07   #243
BHPian

I would like to know as well. Having heard a couple of 12" subs, I know I don't need that much bass. An 8" sub would probably more than suffice for me.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 01:41   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think it is already discussed on your thread.
Yup, its here, but whats IDQ, it sounds greek to me. How much will it cost. Can i buy a slim sub and get my own sealed enclosure.
Old 21st January 2008, 10:08   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Can i buy a slim sub and get my own sealed enclosure.
BUSA since yua re in Bombay, contact B&T. he represents Illusion and they have a slim woofer (the magnet of the woofer is in front of the cone). It might work.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 10:47   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BUSA since yua re in Bombay, contact B&T. he represents Illusion and they have a slim woofer (the magnet of the woofer is in front of the cone). It might work.
I spoke to akshay, he told me i require atleast two slim subs, that means i need a 4 channel or monoblock to amp them, costly affair i tell you. Will get a sub later then, but i wouldnot mind knowing how much will the subs cost.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:03   #247
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot guys for all your help. The car has been ICEd. Here is a thread on the same
Old 14th March 2008, 15:34   #248
BHPian

Default ICE for G1 Innova

I just bought an Innova G1 which has 4 in-door speakers.

I listen to trance and classical fusion and also usual Indian chamka chamki stuff

I am being offered
  • 2DIN rip off HU from the V Grade for 4-5K
  • 2DIN JVC HU with 7" Display (can support rear camera) for 20K
  • 1 DIN Sony with USB for 6.2K
I NEED bass.... but cant use much boot space.(can go for a powered sub)
I need good clarity sound (will the stock speakers be so baaaad?)

Its a self driven car strictly.

Can I go for 6" coaxial for only front doors and 1 12" sub with 2 channel amp? How will it sound?

Does the V Grade 2 DIN with stock speakers sound so bad?
Cant I fit this DU , fit 2 pairs of coaxial in the doors and and power a 12" sub with 2 Channel amp?

I am surely trying not to spend too much...as I gotta fit alloys etc
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 10:17   #249
BHPian

Default ICE for G1 Innova Fitted

Got in touch with one Mr. Anil of Car Accessories Dealer - "Car Jewel" beside KIMS on Minister Road, Hyderabad. and explained him my requirement.

Initially I fitted the JVC 7" Display but didnt like it so I went back to pioneer normal mp3 HU.(The dealer was generous enough to let me roll back to my choice - of a normal HU.)

The problem with a DVD player screen fitted on the Dash is that u cant make out anything on a day time nor the viewing angle is correct nor can be adjusted.

I had also fitted rear camera...but was of no use...now a fiat uno indicator is poked into the hole on the bumper where the camera was.

Rest....4 Channel AMP and Kenwood Woofers and Pioneer Tweeters.

I retained the Original Door Speakers and the whole system rocks!

Let me assure u...the door speakers have excellent mid range and donot get distorted upto 85% volume level.

Am still hunting for alloys. The best quote I got for the steel rims are Rs. 300 each and wheel caps Rs. 100 each. The alloys range between 14 -16K for a set of four.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE for Innova-15032008431.jpg  

ICE for Innova-17032008442.jpg  

ICE for Innova-17032008443.jpg  

ICE for Innova-17032008444.jpg  

ICE for Innova-17032008445.jpg  

btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 21:27   #250

Question Help - ICE for Innova

Hello Everyone,

Have been reading for quite a few days in the ICE section, well it's actually nights and am overwhelmed by the amount of information present here, as well as in all the other sections. The reading helped me decide in my Innova purchase(A second hand purchase, a well maintained and hardly driven car from a known person), was hoping that just reading would help me decide on an ICE upgrade, I don't think that is going to happen, so please help me with choosing a setup.

My Car
Innova G 2.5 BS III, Seven Seater with Captain type seats in the second row

Current Setup
Innova Stock Speakers and a Sony xPlod HU that doesn't throw up the discs, most of the times(Well most of the times, depends on it's mood because it may or may not play the CD). An unbranded roof mounted LCD 11" that covers up the rear view mirror. Pretty much nothing that I want to retain.

Budget

Music Preferences

All genre's of Hindi music (Ghazals, Songs, Pop, Bhangra, Remixes....) very rarely would this system play english music, and if it does it would mostly be jazz, pop...bottomline just like listening to good music at reasonable volume. So the preference would be SQ over SPL(Learnt the terms here).

The car is going to be self driven for now, but my three kids sit in the back most of the time along with my wife in the front. (Looking for an In Dash DVD Touchscreen and/or LCDs in the front seat's headrests, I would be looking at adding rear LCDs later as this might not fit into the budget, but would like suggestions on the same.).

Last but not the least I am from Hyderabad and I would like someone to point me to a good dealer/installer. The worst part I think is I really wouldn't be able to listen to most speakers. I have visited the Official JBL dealer in Hyderabad and he didn't have a Components setup that I could listen to and also no sub, based on this I doubt If I would be able to hear the sound of each piece that's going to go into the setup, before I actually pay for it.

Looking forward to your replies...

Thanks a bunch
YouMah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 22:45   #251
Team-BHP Support

Hi YouMah, Welcome to the forum.

Just look at the bottom of this page and you will find a lot of threads on Innova ICE.

All the best
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2008, 23:00   #252
Team-BHP Support

Wow, i just got home from icing my innova with an audio/visual setup. I'll post the details in a while.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 01:16   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hi YouMah, Welcome to the forum.

Just look at the bottom of this page and you will find a lot of threads on Innova ICE.

All the best
Thanks Eddy, will take a look at these threads again and hopefully come up with some initial configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Wow, i just got home from icing my innova with an audio/visual setup. I'll post the details in a while.

manson.
Manson, eagerly waiting for the details. Thanks.
YouMah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 02:06   #254
Team-BHP Support

Duplicate from my Innova review thread:

I got the Innova ICED this evening, started around 5 odd, and we wrapped up only by 10.30. The other accessories will hafta' wait till sunday. Ohh yes, i did finally drive the Innova to the installer's place and back home, its quite nice.

The equipment:
Pioneer 4050 DVD HU
Necvox 9" roof mounted LCD Screen
JBL 607 2 way Components in the front
JBL 607 2 way Components in the rear
JBL 604 4 channel Amplifier to fire the two pairs of components
Magnat Express 15" subwoofer at the rear in a sealed enclosure
Sony 222 2 channel amplifier to power the Magnat subwoofer (not powerful enough, but will stock to this for right now)

I first was getting the 10.4" screen, but it was in gray, the beige of the 9" screen made it look like a factory fit.
The install is quite clean, and i have till sunday when i go back to the store for the rest of the accessories.
Watched 20 minutes of Tokyo Drift while the installer wrapped up the wires, front seats, etc, the screen resolution was awesome, and the sound quality was quite nice as well.

With a 50K budget:
Get the Illusion Electra Component speakers (12K for 2 pairs)
JBL 604 4 channel amplifier to power the components (8K with B&W)
Pioneer 4050 HU single din (like mine) i think that a screen upfront could distract the driver (11K without B&W)
9" or 10" Necvox screen, as per needs, avoid the Chinese stuff (8K for 9" without B&W)
Spend the remaining 10K on a decent 2 channel amplifier, subwoofer, wires and installation charges. If you could increase this by another 5k, you could add some much needed damping and probably get a better subwoofer too.

Let us know what you decide upon.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 9th May 2008 at 02:11.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 09:59   #255
Senior - BHPian

You have to pay hafta for the accessories? Times have surely changed!!!

Could you please post the individual prices?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote