Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 10th January 2009, 18:40   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Actually I realised, it did not matter anything for the woofer as instead of pushing it was pulling now with the bulk of itself placed outwards. (I did reverse the polarity)
Its not about pushing or pulling. Mounting it inverted has caused the enclosure volume to increase. What with that huge magnet cap.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 23:34   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Its not about pushing or pulling. Mounting it inverted has caused the enclosure volume to increase. What with that huge magnet cap.
could it be sounding better because he reversed the polarity?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 10:43   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
What with that huge magnet cap.
exactly see post 268.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
could it be sounding better because he reversed the polarity?
reversing the polairity might have bought the bass more in phase wiht the front speakers and also reduced a bit oc cancellation. but like B&T I suspect it is the significant difference in the net volume of the box that has accounted for most of the difference felt.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 21:28   #274
BHPian

Default video for innova

hi ppl,

having not had much experience in video, i need some suggestions to do our innova up.

1. are head rest screens better or flip down 15"
2. which are the best DVD HUs or DVD screen combos available here with bill and w/o?
3. is it possible to make a 5.1 theatre, some pioneer HUs claim to have 5.1 output.

tks!
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:46   #275
Senior - BHPian

They are purely a personal choice. One 15'' Drop down would be convenient for all 5/6 back seat folks. Headrest Monitor will be convenient for those sitting in second row only. Ideally you need to have 4 monitors to cover all 7/8 passengers. 15'' will facilitate the Co-Driver to recline and watch the video / screen / movie. Headrest monitor will in no way be useful to the Co-Driver. Similarly In-Dash Screens are also cumbersome for people sitting on "window Side".

My suggestion will be to go in for 15'' Drop down / Roof mount . the only demerit is that Rear-view mirror vision is blocked, but it is very much driveable using the side mirrors.

2. which are the best DVD HUs or DVD screen combos available here with bill and w/o?
The Best brands are Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC and Sony, but they will burn a hole in your pocket. If you have a 2009 and above Innova, go in for the Roof mount screen+DVD since you would lose out on the steering mounted audo controls, if you go for in-dash mount. This should not be a factor in Pre 2009 innovas. A 1-DIN pioneer DVD Player fit on the dash should cost you 15K. A Roof mount standalone monitor should cost you 12K.

I suggest you to take with bill as the difference is not much. My personal experiences are very bad w/o Bill and warranty.

3. is it possible to make a 5.1 theatre, some pioneer HUs claim to have 5.1 output
Yes technically it is possible to make a 5.1, but First and Foremost you need to have a Center channel speaker. If you DVD has 5.1 encoding and your Receiver has 5.1 decoding, you would get a 5.1 effect. Further more you may add some 5.1 channel converter (DEQ-P7650 Connection) for better effect.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 31st May 2010 at 13:48.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 15:38   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
They are purely a personal choice. One 15'' Drop down would be convenient for all 5/6 back seat folks. Headrest Monitor will be convenient for those sitting in second row only. Ideally you need to have 4 monitors to cover all 7/8 passengers. 15'' will facilitate the Co-Driver to recline and watch the video / screen / movie. Headrest monitor will in no way be useful to the Co-Driver. Similarly In-Dash Screens are also cumbersome for people sitting on "window Side".

My suggestion will be to go in for 15'' Drop down / Roof mount . the only demerit is that Rear-view mirror vision is blocked, but it is very much driveable using the side mirrors.

The Best brands are Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC and Sony, but they will burn a hole in your pocket. If you have a 2009 and above Innova, go in for the Roof mount screen+DVD since you would lose out on the steering mounted audo controls, if you go for in-dash mount. This should not be a factor in Pre 2009 innovas. A 1-DIN pioneer DVD Player fit on the dash should cost you 15K. A Roof mount standalone monitor should cost you 12K.

I suggest you to take with bill as the difference is not much. My personal experiences are very bad w/o Bill and warranty.

3. is it possible to make a 5.1 theatre, some pioneer HUs claim to have 5.1 output
Yes technically it is possible to make a 5.1, but First and Foremost you need to have a Center channel speaker. If you DVD has 5.1 encoding and your Receiver has 5.1 decoding, you would get a 5.1 effect. Further more you may add some 5.1 channel converter (DEQ-P7650 Connection) for better effect.
hi thanks,

i checked out a few options. i had done search on 5.1 bit earlier also, there's just one or two options for centre channel, that too not available in india. 5.1 car amps mein bhi fight hai.

as for now, i have shortlisted one of JVC models that can also play .wav on DVD and USB, it is around 15k. i am looking for one in which i don't have to compromise on music as well, investing on the 2-din displays don't make sense to me, car is not self driven... so choice is between inbuilt dvd rooftop screen, or single din but hi-end HU that plays DVD n has great features for music as well and add additional screens to it.

any suggestions of good branded hi-contrast screens? i want to avoid chinese as this is going to be a one-time job n car will be used for another 5-7 yrs within the family.
Old 31st May 2010, 19:52   #277
Senior - BHPian

We have a Pioneer Center channel speaker avaialble very much in india. I am attaching a PIC for your reference.
Name:  22TSCX900.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  14.4 KB

your could also try eBay Global easy Buy. they ship products to india. You get "Pyle" brand which is quite popular in the USA.

For Screens you may visit the site TopDash

A Sample Pic Attached
Name:  CRM9001D.jpg
Views: 1623
Size:  10.2 KB
Old 5th June 2010, 15:10   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
We have a Pioneer Center channel speaker avaialble very much in india. I am attaching a PIC for your reference.
Attachment 359144

your could also try eBay Global easy Buy. they ship products to india. You get "Pyle" brand which is quite popular in the USA.

For Screens you may visit the site TopDash

A Sample Pic Attached
Attachment 359155
hi thanks,
is this centre channel easily available in delhi?
will check global ebay, thanks
link u have given and topdash, both r not opening.
any suggestions for 5.1 car amp?

manish.
Old 10th June 2010, 10:37   #279
Senior - BHPian

Manish - Please try the URL www.thecarbon.com. Yes the center channel speaker is avaiable in Delhi in Pioneer stores and also in the grey market without Bill.

There are nearly 25 authorized dealers in Delhi. (As per pioneer india Site). Select the one closest to you.

The best option for an amp is to go in for a 4 channel & 2 channel AMP. 4 channel for LR speakers. 2 Channel - one each for Center channel and SUB.

JBL Amps are good if your budget allows. Pioneer and sony amps do the job well and are comparitively lighter on the pocket.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:54   #280
BHPian

hi,

i'm most probably settling for a JVC HU single din 5506 and connecting an overhead screen to it. the HU plays wav files direct fr DVD or USB. most likely amp is alpine v 350 or 355 which is 5.1 enabled with DTS and has a pre-out to attach a sub amp. the jvc has optical out. the alpine has optical in. alpine also has a centre channel single din speaker, but i need to figure out where to put it. pioneer might be better. but i don't know how that tiny thing plays with an amp output... coz the rest of the setup is going to be pretty hi-end. i still don't have a centre channel hi-end solution.

so far the only branded screen i see is alpine 10.2 inch. i would have liked a 15", it comes in clarion but it's a dvd come screen, and alpine has better specs with wxga etc.

will finalise setup in 3-4 days, suggestions most welcome.

tks.
Old 18th June 2010, 18:07   #281
BHPian

hi,

does the MS-8 have optical input? any idea on its availability here?

manish.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:45   #282
BHPian

Default Re: ICE for Innova

Well guys I went through most of the Innova ICE'ing threads, but the most recent post on them is atleast a year old and so are all the options mentioned in the threads.

My Innova arrives on 5th Jan 2011.

I have decided on the following ICE setup:
Double din HU (Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine)
2 Pairs of Component Spearkers
1 Amplifier
Monster wiring
Noise Kill

A) Components
I have heard the Illusion Electra components in a friends car, which he had installed 2 years ago.
Are there any components which are even better than the Illusions? (considering illusion is an over 2 years old component)
My budget for the components is 12k for 2 pairs.

B) Double Din Head Unit
I enquired at a shop in Sion Koliwada called Sapphire Audio. This guy said any double din head unit, be it kenwood/alpine/jbl/pioneer etc, having ipod+usb connectivity will cost me around 10k (+/-500) with BW.

Are double dins really that cheap?

C) Equipments and Fitting:
which is a trusted place in Mumbai where one can get genuine speakers/HU/amps?

Also where in mumbai can one get a proper fitting done?

Thanks in advance,

Bhushan.
Bhushanrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 13:37   #283
Senior - BHPian

HU

Pioneer6050 10k
Pioneer 4250touchscreen 35k

Compos

My anhc has JBL's.After auditioning Illusions,found them much better.
Never the less they are old but are the best available in >6k

Amp

Get the JBL 1004.10k with B/W

Installer
Contact Ajay aka Bass & Trouble.He is an excellent installer in Mumbai.

Regards
Rohin

Last edited by cityvic : 29th December 2010 at 13:38.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 07:15   #284
Senior - BHPian

I think Pioneer 4200 is. Now avaailable for around 26K with bill and Warranty. I have the US equivalent 4200 and infinity 6030cs. Components in. The Innova . Infinity components are about 8 to 10k per pair depending on where u purchase.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2011, 08:25   #285
BHPian

Well thank you guys, ill take your words into consideration and update you on my ICE
Bhushanrulz is offline   Reply With Quote