Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 11th December 2007, 23:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

How is this?

I am getting JBL CS Compos for Rs. 2700, a pair will be 5400/-
Blaupunkt GT4 amp for 5k, and 4k Pioneer 307C Sub? Can anyone suggest a good sub and amp for 10k?
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 01:04   #17
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Looking for ICE for Innova V. It has 6 speakers as per the brochure.

What are the speakers in the front. I mean near the vents. Where to place tweeters?

What speakers to go for. I want to keep the stock HU. Is it USB compatible.

I spoke to a ICE dealer. I want to know how good are DLS B3 Compos? I was thinking of putting 4 of them.

Also he said JBL 75.4 has problems of blowing speakers which i dont believe. He was telling me to go for Blaupunkt GT4 amp.

Damping - Is it required in the Innova.

Budget is 15k
1. 6 speakers would be 4 co-ax in the doors and one pair of tweeters in the black pillar near the triangle.

2. your budget would increase by 6-7k as you'd get around this much discount for yr existing system.

3. the OE Head Unit doesn't put out good power to drive compos, but an Alpine or a Pioneer HU or any HU which claims 55x4 should be good.

4. if budget is tight, you can look at kenwood too, they have amps around 6500-7500 that are workable

5. wouldn't suggest damping in city use unless you go for a better amp and speakers. for long drives it's good as it cuts the outside constant road roar, vibrations etc which are high in a diesel innova. but again, if you are doing this for music then first invest in a good system.

there's a blau amp which accepts speaker outs. i don't know about it's performance, but that could save you the trouble of changing HU. also if you change the HU, you'll need a plastic slits by scosche to cover the space which is left empty.

Last edited by montyguru : 12th December 2007 at 01:12.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 10:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
1. 6 speakers would be 4 co-ax in the doors and one pair of tweeters in the black pillar near the triangle.
5. wouldn't suggest damping in city use unless you go for a better amp and speakers. for long drives it's good as it cuts the outside constant road roar, vibrations etc which are high in a diesel innova. but again, if you are doing this for music then first invest in a good system.

there's a blau amp which accepts speaker outs. i don't know about it's performance, but that could save you the trouble of changing HU. also if you change the HU, you'll need a plastic slits by scosche to cover the space which is left empty.
"Black triangle near the A pillar" would be more like it, no? Yes, those are the ones near the AC vents on the dash.

The speakers in the Innova V model are not bad - no idea about the manufacturer. Have decent mid-bass whack - of course nothing to compare with good speaker brands.

No, even if there is no amp and only a decent HU and speakers, damping should be first priority - do it, shut it, forget it (the nasty buzzes and rattles)! Though a diesel Innova is far better than, let's say, Indica in NVH, the body panels produce a LOUD UMMMMMM (resonate, hum) when you are in 4th / 5th gear at low RPM (1000-1200). Enough to take away the pleasure of listening to music. Damping will cut that substantially.

Blaupunkt amps are generally good. There are other amps, e.g. from Alpine, Kenwood etc., which also accept speaker-level inputs.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 17:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Montyguru and Deralte.

Firslty and very importanly i dont want to change the HU. Budget is not the constraint at all for chaning a HU, i have a good Blaupunkt HU MP46 with me, but i love the way the stock HU looks, its so neatly placed and most of all, its tidy, unlike after market HUs because the Innovas HU is a two din.

Therefore i have decided for sure, that i am not chaning the HU, if and when i have the time, money i might replace the HU with a car PC, but thats a different story for another day.

Coming back to the topic. I plan to take the cars on long journeys on highways so a better insulated cabin will be a very good thing. I plan to damp the front four doors using Dynamat Extreme. Now i want to know can i damp behind the dash board, since i find the Innova to be a noisy car, doing this i can drain out the noise from the engine.

I surely have decided to get Components for the four doors, is a amp a necessity, as the stock HU wont be able to drive them. Can i wait for sometime and get a amp, or as soon i put the compos i need the amp?
Old 12th December 2007, 17:31   #20
Team-BHP Support

damping 4 dours + whatever will be very expensive. when i was gettin an innova and i went to the installer they told me the hu cant connect to all the amps. it dosent have pre outs. it can only connect to a few amps. so make sure of that before you buy.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 17:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Firslty and very importanly i dont want to change the HU. Budget is not the constraint at all for chaning a HU, i have a good Blaupunkt HU MP46 with me, but i love the way the stock HU looks, its so neatly placed and most of all, its tidy, unlike after market HUs because the Innovas HU is a two din.
There are kits that allow aftermarket head units to be installed in the same space without any modifications. The stock head unit is horribly equalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I plan to damp the front four doors using Dynamat Extreme. Now i want to know can i damp behind the dash board, since i find the Innova to be a noisy car, doing this i can drain out the noise from the engine.
I agree that damping is desirable, but the budget for the Dynamat is better utilized elsewhere, say better gear or a new head unit in the system you are configuring.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 18:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
damping 4 dours + whatever will be very expensive. when i was gettin an innova and i went to the installer they told me the hu cant connect to all the amps. it dosent have pre outs. it can only connect to a few amps. so make sure of that before you buy.
Well damping will cost around 5000 bucks for doors plus dash. About the HU i am planing to change it to Blaupunkt MP46, This HU is Ipod and USB compatible.

Quote:
There are kits that allow aftermarket head units to be installed in the same space without any modifications. The stock head unit is horribly equalized.
Where can i get it and for how much?

Here is my HU, can i drive 4 compos from this without any issue. And how much will it cost me to make it USB ready. I mean the wires for USB.

Blaupunkt Bahamas MP46 Receiver
Old 12th December 2007, 18:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Scosche comes to mind for the aftermarket dashboard kits.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 18:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to the dealer. He said that following are the prices.

Return for the stock HU - 3500/-
JBL CS Compos - 2800/-
JBL GTO 607c - 5000/-
Pioneer 7950 UB - 8700/-

Any Two Din HU with USB?
Old 12th December 2007, 18:52   #25
Team-BHP Support

busa - look at the jbl gt5 series also. i think they are in between the cs and gto.
Old 12th December 2007, 18:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
busa - look at the jbl gt5 series also. i think they are in between the cs and gto.
The Compos for those have not arrived yet, as per the dealer.

Should i keep the stock HU, or get rid of it, since i am getting a good price for it.

Quote:
Scosche comes to mind for the aftermarket dashboard kits.
Can you elaborate?

Last edited by BUSA : 12th December 2007 at 19:05.
Old 12th December 2007, 19:13   #27
Team-BHP Support

get rid of the stock hu. get the single din thingy from another model of the innova and get a good single din hu.
Old 12th December 2007, 19:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Plan to that, the single din closure below a one din HU costs around 400. I am confused about which HU, i was thinking of a 2 din.
Old 12th December 2007, 19:34   #29
Team-BHP Support

a 2 din hu will cost a lot more than a single din with no advantage.
Old 12th December 2007, 20:08   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Coming back to the topic. I plan to take the cars on long journeys on highways so a better insulated cabin will be a very good thing. I plan to damp the front four doors using Dynamat Extreme. Now i want to know can i damp behind the dash board, since i find the Innova to be a noisy car, doing this i can drain out the noise from the engine.
If you want to reduce in car noise then Dynamat would prove expensive. I would highly recommend you opt for Noise Kill damping which is the same composition as Dynamat and as effective at Rs. 150/- a square feet. You can do more than just two doors in that budget with a changed brand.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote