Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2007, 23:28   #16
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
I think the guy who posted that must be crack.Without a sub i cannot imagine.Whatever if it SPL or SQ sub plays a major role.
I agree 100%, no point in arguing. Perfect answer.
Old 14th December 2007, 23:37   #17
BHPian

I have no real knowledge of ICE. I use a pair of comps in front in my car and pair old very old 'Woodstock' floor standers at home. BUTTT in my limited PERSONAL experience i have always found a sub to be useless. For fun sake at times yes...but little else.

Regarding this particular post...i would agree to this fact atleast that a subwoofer is no real deal for good, asthetically appealing music.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 14th December 2007 at 23:38.
Old 14th December 2007, 23:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
I have no real knowledge of ICE. I use a pair of comps in front in my car and pair old very old 'Woodstock' floor standers at home. BUTTT in my limited PERSONAL experience i have always found a sub to be useless. For fun sake at times yes...but little else.

Regarding this particular post...i would agree to this fact atleast that a subwoofer is no real deal for good, asthetically appealing music.

Elito
Guru's please answer to his opinion.I think he is wrong.May he dont need it.Still how can he listen to the low without a sub.If i am wrong please correct it.
Old 14th December 2007, 23:44   #19
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Guru's please answer to his opinion.I think he is wrong.May he dont need it.Still how can he listen to the low without a sub.If i am wrong please correct it.
dude that his personal opinion, tell what you like for the sake of this thread which has been anyways started.
Old 15th December 2007, 00:43   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i think what he is trying to state in the post is that,don't go all out on the sub.make sure you have a very good fronstage before you start getting into the sub's sq and spl tonality.he is basically stressing on the use of good components to get mids/highs while you shouldnt really be worried too much about the sub.whats the pooint if the 0.3" of the spectrum is nice while the rest of the 99.7% from the components/speakers is crap.atleast thats what i could make out from the first line "too much emphasis is placed on the sub these days"thats what i could infer from the post.i could be very wrong though.

Last edited by hellspawn : 15th December 2007 at 00:45.
Old 15th December 2007, 00:58   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
i have always found a sub to be useless. For fun sake at times yes...Regarding this particular post...i would agree to this fact atleast that a subwoofer is no real deal for good, asthetically appealing music.
my observations

1. poor quality bass is worse than no bass (as long as there is good midbass).
2. some music like baroque does not need a sub, some like Hip-Hop cant be enjoyed without one
3. the spectral energy in music varies greatly from genre to genre - case in point baroque vs Hip-Hop. However one rule of thumb that works well is that 50% of the energy is below about 300hz and 50% above it.
4. PuffDaddy obviously is not fully informed or maybe he's been puffing something.
Old 15th December 2007, 01:05   #22
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
PuffDaddy obviously is not fully informed or maybe he's been puffing something.

I guess you are right about puff daddy.
Old 15th December 2007, 01:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think what he is trying to state in the post is that,don't go all out on the sub.make sure you have a very good fronstage before you start getting into the sub's sq and spl tonality.he is basically stressing on the use of good components to get mids/highs while you shouldnt really be worried too much about the sub.whats the pooint if the 0.3" of the spectrum is nice while the rest of the 99.7% from the components/speakers is crap.atleast thats what i could make out from the first line "too much emphasis is placed on the sub these days"thats what i could infer from the post.i could be very wrong though.
What he's trying to say is that people shouldn't be picky when choosing a sub for their system, which is completely wrong. You can't plonk any sub and expect it to perform. There are far too many factors that go into choosing the right sub.

Choosing your sub is as important as any other component that makes up your Home-Theater, ICE etc.

An 8 octave piano can produce frequencies between 27.5hz and 4186hz. So if my speakers have a range of say 48hz - 20,000hz, what happens to the notes below 48hz? Or do they become less important just bscoz someone thinks these frequencies aren't required?

No offense, but people who think subs aren't important have trouble differenciating between low frequency notes and low frequency boom.

Shan2nu
Old 15th December 2007, 02:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post

I guess you are right about puff daddy.
Arrey what does he know... he hasn't even realized its "P Diddy" now

P Diddy... diddy... diddy, diddy, diddy, diddy, diddyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (to the tune of the theme from Pink Panther)

Gentlemen... Its clear we are all on the same page (pun intended), so Mods please close this pointless thread.
Old 15th December 2007, 02:31   #25
BANNED

Default I agree! Please close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Arrey what does he know... he hasn't even realized its "P Diddy" now

P Diddy... diddy... diddy, diddy, diddy, diddy, diddyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (to the tune of the theme from Pink Panther)

Gentlemen... Its clear we are all on the same page (pun intended), so Mods please close this pointless thread.
Oh my god!

Is there anything more to be said? I don't think so!

@LBM, don't regret your purchase of the GZ plutonium due to this PDiddy!
Closed Thread