Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 25th December 2007, 11:05   #31

Been collecting money for HU. Budget took a hit because of the repair costs that were borne when a silly old lady decided to get personal with the front left side and bumper of the gaadi on a chowk. Seems her brakes had failed.

Me thinks more than her brakes had failed because she was impersonating Ash in Dhoom2 on her (Super?) Sunny. Net result: Decent dent and broken bumper for me. Screwed up Sunny and painful lesson on noggin for her. In terms of financial damages: 2500/- from the Pio fund gone.

C'est la vie. But it doesn't mean that it doesn't suck.
karmicanomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 21:06   #32

Default How much are you left with

How does your budget look like now
I am sure you can still build your ICE gradually
May be have just front components and Pio HU for the time being
VixY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 10:47   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixY View Post
How does your budget look like now
I am sure you can still build your ICE gradually
May be have just front components and Pio HU for the time being
I got about 5 k left. Was looking to hit 8.5 ks before getting Piological.
Old 26th December 2007, 16:06   #34

Default GTO Series TWeeters not available at the Pune dealer

- Apologies if it is slightly off topic - don't know where else to post -

Its related to my post earlier on this thread. (Lose of a tweeter) Finally i've manged to locate the JBL dealer in Pune (Bharat car accessories), But he says he doesnot have any tweeters from the components (GTO607C) available instead he can provide me with GTO17t tweeters and that it will give the same output as the components. My problem is:

1. Price: he said dekh lenge - can any one help me with the real price of those tweeters
2. Output: Will the new tweeters provide me with the same quality as earlier.
3. Availability: Is there any other shop in Pune where i can buy the same.

-Please Help-
VixY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 10:56   #35

Ok guys, big question ahead.

I had a little bit of a chat with a dude called Moral Fibre, and he suggested I get the stuff I want from Bass and Trouble (What a wicked handle?) through courier from Bombay but what about the installs? Who are the guys to do that in Pune?

Also I'm actually a Bombayite in the sense that I was born and did my schooling there, also my parents still live in South Bombay. So should I go to the source and get the installs done in Bombay itself?
Old 27th December 2007, 21:14   #36
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmicanomaly View Post
Ok guys, big question ahead.

I had a little bit of a chat with a dude called Moral Fibre, and he suggested I get the stuff I want from Bass and Trouble (What a wicked handle?) through courier from Bombay but what about the installs? Who are the guys to do that in Pune?

Also I'm actually a Bombayite in the sense that I was born and did my schooling there, also my parents still live in South Bombay. So should I go to the source and get the installs done in Bombay itself?
if you want illusions, yes.

trouble bass & trouble. he's not a trouble, but probably just means that more bass means trouble (and it usually does). but that's not a trouble if you love bass. in which case you'll love bass and trouble. if you gonna travel all the way, and ain't gonna trouble bass and trouble, then it's not worth the trouble and you may solve your trouble in pune with no bass, no trouble. or simply get some bass, minus bass & trouble.

cheers:
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 11:43   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
he suggested I get the stuff I want from Bass and Trouble
B&T is a good person to go to. TBHP being a non commerial site B&T cannot recommend himself. He represents brands like Illusion, Steg, and Ground Zero but is not averse to recommending other products if none of the products he represents fits your budget.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 13:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
if you want illusions, yes.

trouble bass & trouble. he's not a trouble, but probably just means that more bass means trouble (and it usually does). but that's not a trouble if you love bass. in which case you'll love bass and trouble. if you gonna travel all the way, and ain't gonna trouble bass and trouble, then it's not worth the trouble and you may solve your trouble in pune with no bass, no trouble. or simply get some bass, minus bass & trouble.

cheers:
Kee gal hai bashshao? Maujan hi maujan? Man, that was a real good word play!!!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 13:18   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had a little bit of a chat with a dude called Moral Fibre,
When was that? I don't remember having spoken to you yet. Did you leave me a number to call back or something?
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 14:05   #40
BHPian

@MF: you dont even remember who you spoke to, DRUNKARD!
FATAL3RROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 15:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
I wanted to say the same thing. But then people living in glass houses should not roam in the buff or something like that.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 16:02   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I wanted to say the same thing. But then people living in glass houses should not roam in the buff or something like that.
thank for that vivid image! AARGH. :-)
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 16:37   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Well actually I have been working night shifts on a client project hence barely realize who calls me during day times and if I do manage to answer a call I barely remember what I spoke owing to sleepiness. So if he did call during one of those days and I was fast asleep when I answered I wouldn't know what I said. But for sure I would have given him a demo before I recommended so much Trouble to him .
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 17:49   #44

Er...I called you and your response was:

"Get in touch with Ajay and he'll hook you up with the stuff you want".

At which point I said "Who's Ajay"?

You said: "B & T...Bass and Trouble, pm him and he'll send you everything from Bombay through courier".

Now at this point I was a little bit stumped because there had been a discussion about auditioning stuff but I kinda wrote it off to it being "an internet...anomaly (for lack of a better word) wherein the gurus just buy stuff from respected and most importantly known people.

I also cursed the Noobie Gods for having to get into weird telephonic convos like the one described above.
Old 28th December 2007, 20:25   #45
BHPian

Mods please label this thread as the most hilarious one on Team bhp

From doing things slowly to the monos and the gamies and the gynies and the andries to the t"w"eets to the troubles and the drunkards this thread has all the masala of a bollywood blockbuster..

And all this when Sam has not been able to find time to pour some thoughts on this thread for the last twenty posts!!

Rocking guys!!
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote