Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 28th December 2007, 20:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmicanomaly View Post
Er...I called you and your response was:

"Get in touch with Ajay and he'll hook
.I also cursed the Noobie Gods for having to get into weird telephonic convos like the one described above.
This should clear the confusion a bit.

When he isn't doing this, he's sipping.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 08:31   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmicanomaly View Post
Er...I called you and your response was:
"Get in touch with Ajay and he'll hook you up with the stuff you want".
At which point I said "Who's Ajay"?
You said: "B & T...Bass and Trouble, pm him and he'll send you everything from Bombay through courier".
Now at this point I was a little bit stumped because there had been a discussion about auditioning stuff but I kinda wrote it off to it being "an internet...anomaly (for lack of a better word) wherein the gurus just buy stuff from respected and most importantly known people.
I also cursed the Noobie Gods for having to get into weird telephonic convos like the one described above.
Ohh my god. Thats really strange. I am sorry if I made a statement like that because if you ask me B&T is pretty useless as a courier boy . Well I do not intend to promote him in any ways so you are welcome for a demo this weekend. Give me a call since I would be more in my senses while we talk. If possible call me from a mobile phone because most of the unknown land line numbers I get a call from are for free credit cards and holidays and what not. I live around Chandni Chowk in Pune (close to Pashan). You will have to take an effort in driving down to my place if you need a demo because I will be doing it without any commercial interests or benefits. If you want a demo of JBL then you can call up Shrivz who lives around Koregaon Park. For Hertz and Genesis PM vikram18. For a demo of Infinity PM Etchemkay. For a demo of Illusion Luccent series PM Amey. For a demo of Focal PM 1self (He is on board a ship right now). For a demo of Illusion Electra you can PM any of hkanitkar, kumar_ranjan, FATAL3RROR, Technocrat. We'll be meeting up today evening around Koregaon Park since Razor4077 is in town. I am hoping most of these guys would be around. Get your set of favourite music on CD's and you have more demo's than any one of the team-bhpian's who got their ICE installed might have got and hey last but not the least "Do it slowly" .
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007, 10:56   #48

Damn it!

I just read this and it looks like I missed a possible ICE meet.

Anyway Moral Fibre, I think it was the liquor, because I did call you from a cell. I'm probably going to be picking up the head unit first since my old one just seems to have finally kicked the bucket so I'm going to be buying a PIo. I have no idea which one but I'm going to be doing the buying from this place called Audio Kraft who's close to my place and who claims to be an Authorized Dealer.

Is this a legit idea?
karmicanomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2008, 14:20   #49

Ok, the money has been put together. We now go forth seeking a Head Unit to keep us company on the road to further glories.

I've decided that I do not want USB or Ipod support. I just want something that will play Mp3 CDs because with about 100 mp3s (and the unfortunate co-incidence that I can hear only one song at a time) to a CD that's about all I can manage.

Also I've been told there are good options available at the price point of 7ks from Blaupunkt, Alpine (apart from the ones available at PIONEER) so in which case I am down to two option:

1. Any recommendations for basic HUs along the lines I've mentioned?

and

2. Any particular place where I should install? I live in camp and work in Bhosari so anywhere in the middle of these two points is fine. I've also heard about
a) Bafna Motors
b) Poona Motors (visited this guy but I thought he was a tad too pushy and too sweet in the talk)

Breakthrough point in this saga so please help!
karmicanomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2008, 16:08   #50

Default panasonic

u can also have a look at panasonic CQ-C1505
VixY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2008, 01:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
If you want a demo of JBL then you can call up Shrivz who lives around Koregaon Park. For Hertz and Genesis PM vikram18. For a demo of Infinity PM Etchemkay. For a demo of Illusion Luccent series PM Amey. For a demo of Focal PM 1self (He is on board a ship right now). For a demo of Illusion Electra you can PM any of hkanitkar, kumar_ranjan, FATAL3RROR, Technocrat.
That is quite a variety you pune guys have.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2008, 01:40   #52

Default Damping

Hey MF,
Whom to contact to learn some basics of Tuning the system/Damping. I Just wanna get the best output from my current system. I stay in Aundh but driving anywhere is not a problem.
Old 7th January 2008, 13:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixY View Post
- Apologies if it is slightly off topic - don't know where else to post -

Its related to my post earlier on this thread. (Lose of a tweeter) ...

-Please Help-
As far as I'm aware (owing to some previous discussions) GT-17 is the tweeter (sold seperately) that comes with the 607C. It retails for around Rs. 1700-2000. Output and SQ would be identical to a normal human ear. For availability, please contact sam kapasi. PM him and he'll help you.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 18:09   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixY View Post
Hey MF,
Whom to contact to learn some basics of Tuning the system/Damping. I Just wanna get the best output from my current system. I stay in Aundh but driving anywhere is not a problem.
Shrivz would be the man. He does a good job!
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 20:14   #55
BHPian

Quote:
If you want a demo of JBL then you can call up Shrivz who lives around Koregaon Park.
Umm.. Its not a "JBL" setup anymore.. its kichdi served warm! which doesn't taste that bad!

Well, to elaborate, my current setup is as follows:

JBL 506 mid bass (5.25")
Illusion Audio Electra Tweeter
Illusion Audio Electra X-over
JBL 937 ovals

These are running off an Audison SRx5 (in 3-channel mode)
The rears are on a band pass config through the HU and connected in series on the subwoofer channel on the audison

JBL 1260BR subwoofer running off a borrowed korean amp which kicks out a lotta juice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViXy
Hey MF,
Quote:
Shrivz would be the man. He does a good job!
Baah, i'm flattered MF! I'm learning from the gurus daa.. but yeah I'd be happy to help someone out!

ViXy, you could gimme a call whenever you're in Koregaon Park. My number is 98.......

Last edited by navin : 8th January 2008 at 12:51.
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 21:22   #56
BHPian

Man!! ICE section is the funniest, most hilarious and the best part of the forum!! I have an exam tomorrow and logged into the site to take a break. This thread gave a very good laugh, to break the 'monotony' of studying!!

If I do not log out soon, I will end up writing ICE jargons and some other A-rated words used in this section, tomorrow!!

BTW, welcome to the forum anomaly. Hope you get your ICE soon.
hyper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 21:28   #57

Shrivz dude
Please help
Old 8th January 2008, 11:10   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
ViXy, you could gimme a call whenever you're in Koregaon Park. My number is 98-ABC-ABCDE.
Guys please refrain posting your personal number on the forum. I would request the mods to do the need full.

Last edited by navin : 8th January 2008 at 12:50.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 11:14   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Illusion Audio Electra Tweeter - borrowed
Illusion Audio Electra X-over - borrowed

JBL 1260BR (borrowed/ stolen???) subwoofer running off a borrowed korean amp which kicks out a lotta juice!
Guys, please stop loaning him stuff. This way he's never going to get around to buying anything.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 12:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Guys, please stop loaning him stuff. This way he's never going to get around to buying anything.
What an Illusion! . With his imposing size, "loan" is very open to interpretation
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote