Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 8th January 2008, 13:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
What an Illusion! . With his imposing size, "loan" is very open to interpretation
You mean he made Ajay an offer he couldn't refuse??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 13:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Poor Ajay can only run a KM and that too with great difficulty; Shrivzy can steamroll him purely using inertia .
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 13:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
No, it means that if Shrivz held you by the scruff of your neck, you'd even part with your johnson.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 13:51   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
No, it means that if Shrivz held you by the scruff of your neck, you'd even part with your johnson.
Accha, so that's what he did to you eh!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 15:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Poor Ajay can only run a KM and that too with great difficulty; Shrivzy can steamroll him purely using inertia.
Shrivz' momentum and @B&T's inertia! Have some respect for physics, yar.

Oy, are you trying to repeat the Koyna earthquake or what? Please, please, for the sake of humanity give an early warning for the rest of Mumbai to evacuate safely before that - nahin to bohut jaan-maal ka nuskan hoyenga re!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 16:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

Momentum, Inertia and B&T are not subjects of any interest to the gentleman.

In the past, shrivz has made it very clear to all concerned that the only principle of physics that interests him is a variant of the Archimedes principle which involves 2 submerged bodies rather than 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
Someplace I'll get an old monk in hot water, to cure me off Audiophilia Nervosa!
Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...tml#post604125 (Pune Meetup 27Oct'07 - Drinks and Dinner meet. (Pics added))
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 17:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In the past, shrivz has made it very clear to all concerned that the only principle of physics that interests him is a variant of the Archimedes principle which involves 2 submerged bodies rather than 1.

Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...tml#post604125 (Pune Meetup 27Oct'07 - Drinks and Dinner meet. (Pics added))

Thailand would be the best place for such leanings!
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 20:19   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

VixY, don't be afraid of meeting Shrivz. He is until the topic steers to an Old Monk. Call him up and get your ICE tuned.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 14:23   #69

Default Having done things finally...

Oh man, I wish the title of this thread wasn’t what it was, because it seems to have spelt out the destiny of how the ICE-ing of my car would go. But at long last, the end of the journey is nigh and now the car has finally been ICE-ed.

There will be the usual bevy of people who might scream from the sidelines “More, more. There’s always room for more” but I shan’t listen to them because they’re teamed up with the devil, I know.

Thus, in terms of chronology, let me give you a gander into all that went down while I was getting the ICE, the last time I posted here. First off, I went bankrupt purchasing a house in that spiffy area called Kalyani Nagar, Pune in March 2008. Now, as is the wont with new houses, there was a need for new furniture, new nearly everything cost as pretty as it looked which obviously meant that ICE would have to wait.

Then sometime in 2008, after the cassette player and the rear speakers finally died and I moved to getting my ICE from an mp3 player and some headphones, I went and did the ownership thing on my office in Bhosari, promoting myself from tenant to owner. That cost a lot of money too which mostly meant that any ICE ideas was bid adieu.

Anyhow, fast forward to Jan 2009, and I literally got an order at work that broke the bank and after purchasing a new refrigerator, there seemed to be 15k odd left over, that none of my loved ones wanted to put their claws on, so I, as surreptitiously as could be managed drove down to Poona Motors and got myself a Kenwood Deck, Illusion Components, and damping for the front doors.

Music returned to the whole car and not through questionable sources such as headphones and mp3 players. The parents and the wife and other relations were surprised at the change in the car and at the utter gall that I had displayed in grabbing a bit of bliss for myself. Through this moment of personal victory I must thank Team-Bhp where I lurked shamelessly and cursed in envy people who made more changes to their car systems then street-lights at important junctions.

I was happy.

And for another two months, the happiness continued until I cracked open another safe of an order at work. And again I found myself with money to spare after buying my family a brand new kitchen in the old house in Mumbai. This time what was purchased was a GZ amp (not to mention insane RCA cables and a wiring kit) from the good Doctor Frank Mehta, a GZ Mk-2 Woofer from that brother of boom Chiragh_Bir. The install was done at Bafna and not at Poona Motors, because I wanted to spread the love and because I had it from a not-so-little birdy that they do a better job.

I was ecstatic.

The car transformed into a haven of music. Ironically, the first song I heard on the new setup was that capitalist anthem by Mark Knopler “Boom like that” and there could be no better introduction to how things have worked out on the ICE scene. The only worry now, is that the wifey comes around every now and then with the request, “You’ve got your ICE, now how about getting me some ICE”?

She will never get how this ICE is SO much better than that ICE.
karmicanomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 15:29   #70
BHPian

This is as absolutely brilliant, witty and hilarious thread. I think this should go into the Team BHP wall of Fame or something.

Hey Karmic anomaly, nice handle..how about some nICE pics??

Last edited by pranava999 : 26th May 2009 at 15:33.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 10:46   #71

Maybe I could put up pics, in the narcissistic climes of sound off/ show off.

Er...mods, could you teleport me to that particular section of the universe?
Old 27th May 2009, 11:56   #72
Team-BHP Support

What kind of teleportation assistance do you need? If its uploading pics, please refer to Announcements section, there is a DIY link for the same.

cheers
Jaggu
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 14:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

no no he means, he wants this thread to be moved to the show and sound off section..

EDIT: just read the earlier post by karmic. and it's BRILLIANTLY written. cheers! i think the thread should be carried to the sound off and show off section from this very post!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1320525-post69.html (Doing things very slowly...)

Last edited by frankmehta : 27th May 2009 at 14:19.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:37   #74
BHPian

@karmicanomaly brilliant post

I can sense the happiness ,satisfaction and enthusiasm of finally getting your car ICEd especially after getting through the cash/credit crunch you face after a home purchase.

I had been through that phase of gathering enough moolah to take the plunge of ICEing the car.

Way to go. enjoy your ICE and dont forget to post the pics.
BTW what car did you ICE???
leadf00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 21:00   #75

@Frank

Thanks bro. Couldn't have done it without you. If someone needs audio stuff made easy, Frank is the go-to-guy here. Not saying there aren't others more qualified here but he's the guy to break it down to sadak chaap people like me.

@Leadfoot

Thanks. The car is an Indica, that more than does its job, on the outside. On the inside it is a private pleasure space, perfectly insulated against the more common place travails that driving in India ensures.

I was reading through that hurriedly written post, and I forgot to mention two other people who had their fair share in this tumultuous journey of mine. One is Amey, yup the guy with more speakers in his car than there are in the parliament, who very kindly gave me an audition of his rig at Dhole Patil road. Amey, you are tops and never mind my fleeting idea of tonking you on the head and making off with your system.

The other person, I have to thank is Ajay aka B & T for having the kind of goodwill that he has in the industry, and although I had no interaction with him of any sort I have to thank him for the 10-15 odd percent discount I got everytime I raised the question, "Er...do you know Ajay Kamath"? The results every time were spectacular, and even though at no point in time did I give an impression that 'I' know Ajay Kamath, I got top-notch service, tea once in awhile (although with the reputation that Ajay has, this seemed like 'saste mein pattaya') and a healthy discount.

I am now inclined to try his name the next time I'm pulled up by the cops, or the Sales Tax or whatever, because who knows how far this man has reach.