Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th December 2008, 16:53   #76
BHPian

Bought 814 for Rs. 22.5K a few months back, steering remote for 1K and bluetooth kit for Rs. 5300.
WanderNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009, 22:58   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Bought 814 for Rs. 22.5K a few months back, steering remote for 1K and bluetooth kit for Rs. 5300.
Hi,
Can you tell me where in Delhi did you pick this up from? I am looking to change my Scorpio's system from the factory Nippon to a DVD system. Been looking at the JVC - AVX44, but that costs Rs 34,000. A bit too expensive.

The 814 fits into my budget and I also need the bluetooth functionality (so will have to buy the adapter too).

I was told the AVX33, which is a system just perfect for my requirements - with bluetooth etc, is not available anymore. Is this true?

Cheers,
Roshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:46   #78
BHPian

I bought the AVX44 in Hyderabad for 20.5k (grey) with the steering remote. AVX33 was available but for 19k (grey). Since the difference was negligible I went for the 44. The 33 should be available so try few other shops as well. I think the 34k quoted was for the HU with B&W.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:05   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
I bought the AVX44 in Hyderabad for 20.5k (grey) with the steering remote. AVX33 was available but for 19k (grey). Since the difference was negligible I went for the 44. The 33 should be available so try few other shops as well. I think the 34k quoted was for the HU with B&W.
Yes, the 34K quoted was for the AVX44 with bill and 2-year warranty. In fact, I called the importer (Impel Electronics) directly and they said the retail price was 36,990 with bill and warranty, but my dealer was offering to give it me minus the margin, but with b/w.

I checked on the Net and it's available from Amazon at $350 + shipping that comes to about 22,000 INR totally, and 15 days waiting time. Not very confident of getting stuff from the US over the Net though. Is the Rs 13K saving worth the risk? Don't know if warranty will apply.
Roshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:56   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Can you tell me where in Delhi did you pick this up from?
Picked it up from Expert Trading Company, one of biggest wholesellers in Delhi. He is located in Karol Bagh. PM me for further details.
WanderNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 16:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshun View Post
Yes, the 34K quoted was for the AVX44 with bill and 2-year warranty. In fact, I called the importer (Impel Electronics) directly and they said the retail price was 36,990 with bill and warranty, but my dealer was offering to give it me minus the margin, but with b/w.

I checked on the Net and it's available from Amazon at $350 + shipping that comes to about 22,000 INR totally, and 15 days waiting time. Not very confident of getting stuff from the US over the Net though. Is the Rs 13K saving worth the risk? Don't know if warranty will apply.
Warranty will not apply as you are buying in US and using it in India. Too much of risk if getting it shipped via Amazon esp with Indian customs etc. What is the problem buying in grey?. Works out cheaper plus you dont get the warranty in both cases anyways.
Old 5th January 2009, 09:13   #82
BHPian

Lightbulb Clarion HUs

As a matter of fact Clarion does have HUs with Blue tooth check out the SD FB275BT (Link below)

Clarion U.S.A. | FB275BT

Now these are not CD players, but rather come under the digital media receiver category- with no moving parts. It also has an SD slot.

But why do you want to go in for clarion?. Agreed that it looks great- but my brother , who lives in australia (where most of the clarion HUs sell after the USA) says that an Eclipse/Alpine/Kenwood is better for playback - nothing very special about clarion.
ascertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 11:16   #83
BHPian

That clarion looks too much of bling bling. If it is so shiny and bright it might distract while driving. Thats my opinion though.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:21   #84
BHPian

Guys, my friend is buying an Innova and wants a Double Din HU. He plans to keep the stock speakers that come with the GX model and just get a HU because the Innova GX comes with 4 speakers but no HU.

He may replace the 4 speakers later on but will never need a Sub or an Amp. He needs iPod connectivity though.

Can you please suggest a cheap, (preferably Pioneer) Double Din HU that will fit the Innova for him? And the approximate cost in Chennai if possible.
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 19:01   #85
BHPian

Guys, I need to suggest something to my my friend...
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:52   #86
BHPian

im considering a double din HU for my swift.
please suggest and advise on this
Pioneer USA - DVD Receivers
also suggest any other model/brand. please do suggest a good place for buying and installation in delhi. im on a tight budget so grey market will do for me.
also please suggest dor components upfront and coaxials for rear.
hellraiser_yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 16:46   #87
Senior - BHPian

I need to get a 2 din basic head unit for my sisters Innova GX model. The HU should be compatible with the reverse sensor. He is not an audio freak and a basic sound system will do. Please give your suggestions.

Also, I learnt that all the 2din HUs are not compatible with reverse system. What feature is needed for the compatibility?
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 18:13   #88
Senior - BHPian

Most (7" LCD) 2DINs have an extra input for reversing camera, including a logic input for switching automatically while reversing. Ultrasonic type reversing sensors (3 or more small black discs on the rear bumper) will not work with HUs - they need a different display unit.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 01:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Deralte. I will keep that in mind while getting the reverse sensor.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 14:50   #90

Default Re: Double Din DVD HU Thread: JVC KW-AVX800 \ Alpine IVA-W200 \ Pioneer AVH-P6850

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My opinion:
In a car tactile feel is important. When operating a car you dont want your eyes to be distracted because you do not know which button you are pressing on a touch screen.
=======
Any car HU will need to have atleast a few primary buttons (Volume, Forward, Back ...) that are not touch based. I did try to operate the JVC HUs that were installed in the "JBL Swift Twins" and found it difficult to do so when driving or in direct sunlight.
I am buying a new i20 (i gen) magna which comes without a player. Can you suggest a double din touch screen. Features required are USB, aux in (can be compromised), dvd player and most important - bluetooth with phone book sync. which means i should be able to see contact names on the screen while making or recieveing calls. If it has a one touch standby (screen goes dark) will help. Budget - 20-25k.
Dexter_ is offline   Reply With Quote