Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 18th December 2007, 14:54   #1
BHPian

Exclamation urgent help needed for pioneer TS692E speakers

hello,

Im planning to install rear oval speakers for my Getz.When I enquired at RadioWare House in chennai(Anna Nagar) they quoted the 300w speakers for Rs.3000(with 1 year warranty).The same product in grey market is Rs.1700(without warranty). When i went through the Pioneer India site I was not able to spot the model. The model no is TS-692E. If anyone are using the same model or know aout the same, please advise me whether I can go ahead with at Rs.3000

Thanks.
sathya_j2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 20:34   #2
BHPian

Exclamation chennaites plz help me!!

The dealer says that TS-692E is the only oval speakers available. Is it true? Is the price reasonable (3000 with 1 year warranty)?
Old 19th December 2007, 13:09   #3
BHPian

Sathya: Do they look something like this. Its more that a 5 yrs old model

ragzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 14:29   #4
BHPian

Exclamation what are latest models in Pioneer speakers in chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
Sathya: Do they look something like this. Its more that a 5 yrs old model

they are exactly the same of what you have pasted.What are the latest models available?
Old 19th December 2007, 15:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sathya, is there some reason why you want Pioneer itself? The speaker shown in the pic above is just a full-range speaker with a whizzer cone. No way is it worth 3K.

Why don't you try the JBL GT5-963 6x9 coaxials at 4K? If you don't want to spend 1k extra, I'm sure you'll find a 6x9 coaxial for around 3K in the Blau GT series.

And I guess you already have some speakers in front right? If not, do get speakers for the front first.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 15:54   #6
BHPian

Lightbulb im a novice in I.C.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Sathya, is there some reason why you want Pioneer itself? The speaker shown in the pic above is just a full-range speaker with a whizzer cone. No way is it worth 3K.

Why don't you try the JBL GT5-963 6x9 coaxials at 4K? If you don't want to spend 1k extra, I'm sure you'll find a 6x9 coaxial for around 3K in the Blau GT series.

And I guess you already have some speakers in front right? If not, do get speakers for the front first.
im a novice about I.C.E.My friends suggested that Pioneer is a good brand and is in production for a long time.Hence I was intrested in Pioneer.I dnt mind paying 4k, but all i need is good original pair of speakers worth my money.If there are other models available plz let me know.Also are JBL,Blaupunt as good as Pioneer in quality and service in india?
Old 19th December 2007, 17:52   #7
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

i already have 50wx2 nippon speakers at front.By the way im a novice about I.C.E and my friends suggested that Pioneer was a good brand with good service centres.If there are any other better brands,please do suggest their models and also are there authorized dealers available in chennai for those brands? i dont want to waste money on grey market products.
Old 19th December 2007, 17:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
they are exactly the same of what you have pasted.What are the latest models available?
Pioneer models available in Chennai will same as in entire India. You can click on the link below to check out their latest line-up
Pioneer India Homepage

However JBLs remain superior (and so is the cost)

Hydrashok: I am a fan of yours and closely follow whatever you write. It will be my pleasure to cheers:
ragzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2007, 18:20   #9
BHPian

Exclamation the problem with pioneer dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
Pioneer models available in Chennai will same as in entire India. You can click on the link below to check out their latest line-up
Pioneer India Homepage

However JBLs remain superior (and so is the cost)

Hydrashok: I am a fan of yours and closely follow whatever you write. It will be my pleasure to cheers:
the problem is the dealer(suggested in the website) says that the latest model is TS629E and qoutes INR3000(with 1 yr warranty),but few BHPians say that it is outdated model.The model nos given in website are not available with the dealer.By the way,if you know JBL dealers in chennai do let me know.

thanks
Old 19th December 2007, 21:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

@sathya, You will get 6x9s from most brands with Bill & Warranty for 3K for sure. I'm sure Pio, Blau, Kenwood etc have models in that range.

I'm personally not a fan of Pioneer speakers, but that's just me. You have a good budget for the 6x9s. For 4K, you will get pretty good stuff. Why don't you visit some good car-accessory shops and spend some time listening to the various options? That will help you decide. Make sure you get the manufacturer's warranty (as in a stamped warranty card and a proper bill) and not the dealer's "warranty". I'm sure some of the Chennai BHPians can point you to some good shops.

And yes, IMHO in the price-range range you're looking at (and every other price-range, heh, heh), JBL & Blau are way better than Pioneer as far as sound quality is concerned.

I do know for a fact that the after-sales service of both JBL and Blaupunkt are excellent. I really don't know about Pioneer as most of the Pios I know of are bought in the grey. Pio is marketed in India by AutoCop, so the A.S.S. should be good enough.

@ragzv, thanks for the nice words! *blushing*
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 01:53   #11
BHPian

hey Sathya..

Be carefull.. some shopkeepers love to take newbies for a ride to make some quick money...

Go to a shop with someones refrence... I would say stay awaay from pioneers.. They have too many fakes...

Go for the Jbl 637 in the fronts.. or 607 compoments if budget is no problem and
937 at the rear..
they are great better than sony or blaupunkt.. plus there arnt any fakes of them in the market.

manyu
manyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 18:49   #12
BHPian

Exclamation do's & don'ts during speaker installation

thank you all for sharing your experience on my need.I will most probably go for JBL963/JBL937.The installation would be by weekend.It would be great if you people can extend your support on certain things which need
to be avoided during installation so that neither the warranty of car/speakers dont get damaged.
Old 20th December 2007, 19:20   #13
Team-BHP Support

i have the gt5-963 and they are very good.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 19:26   #14
BHPian

Exclamation price and warranty details???

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i have the gt5-963 and they are very good.
hi akshay,

could you tell the total price for the pair of GT-963 speakers and also are there any ways do distinguish a fake product?How does your warranty look like? People say it should be a company warranty and not a dealer warranty?

thanks in advance
Old 21st December 2007, 12:25   #15
BHPian

Exclamation can anybody update me on this?

thank you all for sharing your experience on my need.I will most probably go for JBL963/JBL937.The installation would be by weekend.It would be great if you people can extend your support on certain things which need
to be avoided during installation so that neither the warranty of car/speakers dont get damaged.