Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th August 2009, 22:23   #451
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
I am not sure how many of you know about it, but I am seriously thinking to buy this as carputer. Most of the features that we are interested would work by default without any additional equipments.
MyViliv
Let me know your thoughts on this.

Nice find, i think upgrading it in the future will be a problem.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 22:25   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure how many of you know about it, but I am seriously thinking to buy this as carputer. Most of the features that we are interested would work by default without any additional equipments.
MyViliv
whats the price of this find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
what make is this? and for how much?
vm70 for 10k from short-circuit.com

Last edited by gigy : 20th August 2009 at 22:28.
gigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 22:38   #453
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
vm70 for 10k from short-circuit.com
is 10k shipped, or just the price?
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:48   #454
Senior - BHPian

price is 149$. final price at home delivery is 9.7k
Old 22nd August 2009, 11:29   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whats the price of this find? ...
One of the sites says US$600 for the minimum configuration. Well-designed and well-finished, one must say, looks interesting. Even though Ingram Micro is their main worldwide distributor, I don't think Ingram Micro India will bring it here.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 12:29   #456
Senior - BHPian

yesterday i removed the M2 power supply to ship to fellow bhpian, but observed three of its capacitor bulged. 1500mfd/10v. should i replace with same rating or put in a 1500mfd/16v considering the max car voltage possible?
Attached Images

Old 23rd August 2009, 12:41   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lcd was another story ended in tragedy. Sheldon asked me to wait for a week before he can check, so i went to Lamington and got a 40pin ribbon cable and its connector. connected the ribbon cable and powered using home adapter. it came on for few seconds(full white display) then the back light blew off. opened the lcd assembly and saw the florescent tube blacked out on both sides. the adapter on checking with miltimeter was giving 22v, (its written 12v). chinese Q.C. control.
Have removed the 4 wire touch screen, outer plastic case and dumped rest of the stuff, expecting new lcd today.
Why should you dump the whole LCD for just blown up fluorescent tube , I think It should be replaceable ?
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 12:51   #458
Senior - BHPian

the fluorescent tube, connector and the ribbon wire coming out from lcd tore off .the only thing perfect was the touch scree overlay and the metal frame holding everything together. there was no point in trying to source all parts now.
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:11   #459
BHPian

Quote:
yesterday i removed the M2 power supply to ship to fellow bhpian, but observed three of its capacitor bulged. 1500mfd/10v. should i replace with same rating or put in a 1500mfd/16v considering the max car voltage possible?
You need to be careful here. If the capacitors are on the main input voltage rail (which I highly doubt since they are rated for only 10V), you can replace with 16V or better still 25V normal electrolytic caps which are available almost everywhere.

But if they are part of the switched-mode regulator stage, you'll need special electrolytic capacitors with low ESR values designed for that purpose. They costs almost 2 times the normal ones.
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:10   #460
Senior - BHPian

Yes, they are part of the switched-mode regulator stage, i need
Radial LDD Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors. should i stick to 10v or take 16v?
any reference to brands/cost available in local market? existing one is capXon.
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:43   #461
Senior - BHPian

As @digital_vampire said, better to put 25V caps. Cost or size difference will not be much.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 09:30   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking the MAX voltage with the variation , I would suggest you replace the caps with 25V rating.
cost of replacement is not much.

Last edited by dinar : 24th August 2009 at 09:32.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:51   #463
Senior - BHPian

Installed the new monitor and gps antenna. this time only modified the panel to place the lcd. unfortunately this monitor is hot glued all inside, so i could not relocate it to the double din dash kit. (didnt want to damage this one again as the ribbon wire on one side is too close to the glue on one corner. otherwise this lcd is easy to install into dashkit as both pcb are together) dash kit lying unused for now.

Another thing discovered is a blue wire in its connector is for reverse camera input. it automatically switches to AV2 when power is applied to this wire. so have to buy a good reverse camera now. present wireless one will go on sale shortly.

Made a p4 power adapter and a stereo splitter adpter from old parts lying around
Cpu is also redone with hard disk moved inside it. waiting for the m3 now to fire up and end anymore expenditure on my car ICE.
Wait there is a fusion brain waiting to go in.
Old 26th August 2009, 13:13   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MyViliv

I would be traveling to Korea sometime next month. I would certainly inquire this product and will visit YongSan to find more carputer alternatives.

YongSan in Seoul is Electronics market where you can get electronics product much cheaper than market price but have to be careful about duplicates or chinese stuffs.

I am also in almost fix to install a Carputer in my car.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 13:33   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I would be traveling to Korea sometime next month. I would certainly inquire this product and will visit YongSan to find more carputer alternatives.

YongSan in Seoul is Electronics market where you can get electronics product much cheaper than market price but have to be careful about duplicates or chinese stuffs.

I am also in almost fix to install a Carputer in my car.
Hey Anuj when are you traveling to Suwon ?
Do let me know about price and availability if you find this in Yongsan,
I will ask any of my team member to bring one for me as well
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote