Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2012, 20:49   #826
Senior - BHPian
 
gigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,321
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

An other issue i am seeing is all tablet seem to share the same usb port for data transfer and charging, so i can't leave charger and external hard disk connected with it at the same time.
will bluetooth gps receivers work with tablet who don't have built in gps receivers?
have to get amount like this

http://www.ebay.in/itm/2in1-Tablet-C...-/280978157899
gigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2012, 21:12   #827
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

You can do some jugaad with the cable. You just need to connect +5V to the designated USB pins on the other end (not the mini-USB side), and connect that to a mobile phone charger. Look for a cable with 2 conventional USB plugs on one end (used to come with some USB external drive housings), and a mini-USB at the other end.

Any GPS receiver (BT or USB) would work, provided they have Android drivers.

Are you replacing the HU? If you have 2DIN space, you can make a mounting for that space using clips or magnets, so that you can remove the tablet and take with you whenever necessary. The windscreen mounts would work, but they look bad.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 17:23   #828
BHPian
 
diesel_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 170
Thanked: 3 Times
Exclamation Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Hi Guys !!

I am in need of some help from fellow carputer users on Tbhp, specially based in Delih-NCR region. The situation is that I have misplaced the remote for my lilliput eby701/629 series touchscreen and need the same for activating the Auto-On function for Reverse Camera input. If anybody is using the same series monitor in their systems it would be a great help if I could meet up and use the remote to configure the function on the touchscreen.

Thanks in advance for your help and some alternate suggestions on the same.
Regards
Jasvinder
diesel_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 22:07   #829
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Go to the nearest electronics market. Someone should be able to purloin it out of a discarded desktop PSU and a 4-pole connector. Make sure it is wired correctly.
need Help Badly! When I built my Carputer, I custom fabricated the Aux-in cable from a telephone wire cable. Since then there is whining noise which increases with increase in RPM. There is no noise when the engine is off. What might be the problem and how to get rid of it?
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 22:27   #830
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
... I custom fabricated the Aux-in cable from a telephone wire cable. Since then there is whining noise which increases with increase in RPM. ...
Oh-oh, you shouldn't have used *unscreened/unshielded* telephone wire. Please get some 2-core (2-core+shield) shielded cable and replace it.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 11:53   #831
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Oh-oh, you shouldn't have used *unscreened/unshielded* telephone wire. Please get some 2-core (2-core+shield) shielded cable and replace it.
Thanks will do that, Any shielded wire is Okay? Meanwhile I googled about this issue, and some of the guys used ground loop isolator. Now what's that?
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 12:38   #832
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Thanks will do that, Any shielded wire is Okay? Meanwhile I googled about this issue, and some of the guys used ground loop isolator. Now what's that?
No, your problem is RF interference because your wires aren't shielded. Adding a GLI would be an overkill.

Just use common 2 core shielded wire available in electronics shops. Be sure to look at how sparse or dense is the shield weave (hold the inner cores and pull back the outer insulation) - go for the denser weave.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 23:55   #833
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, your problem is RF interference because your wires aren't shielded. Adding a GLI would be an overkill.

Just use common 2 core shielded wire available in electronics shops. Be sure to look at how sparse or dense is the shield weave (hold the inner cores and pull back the outer insulation) - go for the denser weave.
Will this work on my Safari 3.0L Dicor, I want to monitor engine parameters as well as error codes if any :

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ELM32...497740602.html

Thanks.
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 15:50   #834
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Will this work on my Safari 3.0L Dicor, ...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ELM32...497740602.html
Can't really say, since the description on the site doesn't list the protocols it handles. Just says OBDII, which the 3.0l DICOR doesn't conform to. I would assume that it doesn't, since the one that I have (BT version, but everything else same) doesn't seem to understand the communications on the OBD port.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 18:40   #835
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Can't really say, since the description on the site doesn't list the protocols it handles. Just says OBDII, which the 3.0l DICOR doesn't conform to. I would assume that it doesn't, since the one that I have (BT version, but everything else same) doesn't seem to understand the communications on the OBD port.
So what protocols I should be looking for?

BTW, I got the GPS receiver today, ordered it at aliexpress 25 days ago. Any idea on the ideal position of the GPS receiver in Safari?
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 19:19   #836
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
So what protocols I should be looking for? ...
I think (I am not sure) ISO9141.2 or ISO14230 (KWP2000). Only the service guys can say for sure, if they read the manual or settings of the diagnostic hardware / software they use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
... Any idea on the ideal position of the GPS receiver in Safari?
Anywhere on the windshield side of the dashboard, maybe near either A-pillar. If the wire is long enough, you could mount it (use good double sided tape) at the top of the windshield from inside near the A-pillar, routing the wire through the A-pillar cladding. It will not be visible from outside.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2013, 21:46   #837
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
p
Anywhere on the windshield side of the dashboard, maybe near either A-pillar. If the wire is long enough, you could mount it (use good double sided tape) at the top of the windshield from inside near the A-pillar, routing the wire through the A-pillar cladding. It will not be visible from outside.
Please have a look at the details about a Diag. Hardware that was used by my mechanic, this is the manual for Tata cars, Does it help in determining the protocol used for Dicor:

http://www.x431.com/upload/testType/...TATA_13.00.pdf
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 09:38   #838
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
... Does it help in determining the protocol used for Dicor: ...
Sorry, no it doesn't. Your mechanic must be using their all in one product, either wired or with the BT dongle. Seems to be the right product.

I went through their website, but couldn't find a dongle (they do have one) that we can buy. Their online site is also not responding. Will try again later.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 10:35   #839
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Sorry, no it doesn't. Your mechanic must be using their all in one product, either wired or with the BT dongle. Seems to be the right product.

I went through their website, but couldn't find a dongle (they do have one) that we can buy. Their online site is also not responding. Will try again later.
Meawhile, I also found another product, it is specially designed for Indian cars, I have mailed them asking about the compatibility with Safari Dicor.

http://www.leagend.com/viewpro.asp?id=378
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2013, 18:28   #840
Senior - BHPian
 
mercedised's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indore
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: The CarPC / Carputer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Meawhile, I also found another product, it is specially designed for Indian cars, I have mailed them asking about the compatibility with Safari Dicor.

http://www.leagend.com/viewpro.asp?id=378
Hello,

I am back with a new problem, now I want a bluetooth connectivity for car PC. Will I need a specific Kit for that of adding a mic would be sufficient?
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tablet or Smartphone as a CarPC (Carputer): Things to watch out for malgudi In-Car Entertainment 5 27th October 2014 17:42
Not just another CarPC Carputer Setup. HarneetBarmy In-Car Entertainment 17 20th May 2011 20:23
Streetaddict's CarPC/Carputer StreetAddict In-Car Entertainment 22 12th November 2010 01:50
My Baleno (I)ride - CarPC / Carputer install spadival In-Car Entertainment 40 21st March 2009 03:04
Honda Civic VTI - CarPC + PowerBass/JBL ICE stapi In-Car Entertainment 17 20th October 2008 10:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks